Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Fire, the Goblet's on Fire - Cover

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Fire, the Goblet's on Fire

Copyright© 2015 by Apa Maximtrz

Chapter 2

Something had happened, but Harry wasn't sure what yet. Mr. Weasley had come and got him from the Dursley's and was just explaining to him about getting the tickets to the Quidditch World Cup when they had entered the Weasley house. As soon as they had entered Harry had heard raised voices followed by a slap then seconds later a groan and a thud as someone had fallen to the floor. As he reached the stairs he was met by Hermione, moving fast and obviously crying. She pushed past Harry and continued out of the house and into the surrounding countryside. Harry didn't wait for an explanation as he turned and followed her out the door; he caught up to her about a mile from the house sitting under a big tree with her head between her knees. "Hermione", Harry said softly as he came to within a few feet of her, "What happened"? "GO AWAY" she yelled bitterly without raising her head, "Just go away Harry, I can't take anymore today"! She said in barely a whisper. Harry placed a hand under her chin and brought her head up so that he could look into her eyes and that's when he saw the hand print on her left cheek. "Hermione please tell me what happened, if this is because of something I did, or didn't do then tell me so I can make it right. I never want to see you cry again. I need to tell you some things that may help you trust me again, one of the reasons I came for you during first year was because I didn't want anything bad to happen to such a cute girl, I know I should have defended you sooner from Ron and I'm sorry for that too. Did you know that the whole time you were petrified during second year the only time I left your side was when Pomfrey kicked me out to eat a meal and when I went to deal with the creature; I couldn't stand you not being by my side. Then last year when you were riding behind me on Buckbeak, I never wanted the feeling of your arms around me to end. Now I find you crying and it breaks my heart, Hermione I Love You, please tell me what happened". Hermione had stopped crying almost as soon as she looked into his deep emerald eyes and by the time he had finished his speech she did the only thing she could think of and wrapped her hands around his head and pulled him into a deep kiss only broken when the need for oxygen over rode the bliss of the kiss. "Hermione Jane Granger would you please do me the pleasure of being my girlfriend" Harry asked? Hermione just nodded yes while being helped to her feet by Harry. "Oh Harry", she said with her head on his chest, "It was awful, I had woken up early and was going to see if I could help Mrs. Weasley with breakfast when I saw her mixing a potion into to apple juice, nobody else drinks apple juice so it was going into my drink. I hurried back upstairs and waited for Ron to wake up and when I told him what I had seen all he did was laugh. He said that as a mudblood I didn't have any rights anyway and since he was going to claim me so that he had someone to do his homework for him that the potions would just make it easier on me to adjust to the way magical society worked. The Pure Bloods like him run everything and used the mudbloods as toys. He said that there wasn't even anything you could do about it being a half blood yourself, that and that everything you do is controlled by Prof. Dumbledore". Harry's hands were clenched in fists of rage and the tree they were standing under began to smoke as the magic rolled off Harry in visible waves, a mile away every pane of glass, bowl, cup, saucer and plate crumbled into dust that no magic could ever fix. If it wasn't for Hermione distracting Harry with another kiss she was sure that he would have caused the tree to burst into flames. Harry reached into his pocket and pulled out the box with the portkey and looking at Hermione said, "Gringgotts contacted me a few days ago and wanted to have a meeting, I was going to ask you to come along as my advisor anyway, but I think we should go now. Hermione please touch the feather". As she touched the feather Harry said the activation word "Snorack" and they were pulled away from the Burrow and to Gringgotts Bank.

Arthur Weasley just stood in shock at having Hermione then Harry run out of his house, but didn't have long to wait for an explanation as Ron limped down the stairs asking where the bitch mudblood was. Arthur stunned his youngest son and when he told his wife why she was sure that the uppity little mudblood had overstepped her boundaries and that Ronnie was just helping her see the error of her ways; Arthur stunned his wife at that point and called a family meeting before deciding if he should get the DMLE and Amelia Bones involved. During the meeting he had his five oldest sons and only daughter swear a magical oath that they had no idea as to what their mother and brother had done and were planning; they all survived the oath. It was decided to call in Madame Bones and the Aurors for the questioning of the two and during that it was discovered that they were acting on orders from Dumbledore. Though it could not be proved because every time either one of them had talked to him he had been seen by five or more people (including Madame Bones) at ministry functions. Arthur did the only thing he could and kicked Molly and Ron out of the family and had Bill contact his boss at Gringgotts to tell them of the fraud and have them confiscate all accounts under Molly and Ron's names for repayment back to Harry. Amelia placed the two under arrest and put in ministry holding cells until a trial could be arranged.

Griphook was warned of the incoming portkey and met Harry and Hermione in the reception area seconds after they had arrived. "Lord Potter, Lady Granger, if you will follow me we have some business to take care of today". They followed the goblin in silence through many long hallways until they got to the door of the Director, "Lord Potter, Lady Granger and Griphook to see the Director, we have an appointment". As they entered Harry bowed and went to one knee, "Director Ragnok, King under the Bank thank you for seeing us on such short notice". If a goblin could be seen to smile then Ragnok did and then said "Rise Lord Potter, we are all friends here and nobody bows to anyone else. I'm glad you could make it and very pleased to see that you have brought the Lady Granger with you". They took seats near the Director and Hermione spoke. "Sir, that was at least the third time I had been called Lady Granger, and while that was something I had wanted to talk to your fine establishment about it seems you have taken the lead and may have information before I ask of it". "Please do not think us to forward Lady Granger, but we monitor the traffic on a certain web site very carefully and while we did not lead you to your discoveries we knew that your natural curiosity would help you find what you needed". At this Hermione blushed as Ragnok continued, "We did use a sample of you blood from your first visit here, the name made us curious so I had them save several drops to run a Family Line Test on you, and your presumption that you could be the Heir to the Ancient House of Granger is correct. There are two surprises that come with the title, one we can tell you now, but the other has to wait until you accept the title. If you accept the title your status will be upgraded as you will be a 50th generation witch; your new title would be Lady Granger of the Ancient and Noble House of Granger. What say you Hermione Jane Granger, do you accept this title"? The ring for the House of Granger appeared, a gold band with an onyx stone and diamonds in the shape of the stylized "G", and as Hermione picked it up she looked at Harry who was nodding and smiling at her. "I Hermione Jane Granger by my magic do hereby claim the title of Lady Granger to the Ancient and Noble House of Granger, so mote it be". The ring glowed golden as it accepted the new Lady and she turned to Ragnok and asked; "Now you said there was a second surprise that could only be revealed after I officially became Lady Granger, will you now let me know what it is"? For the second time that day the Director was seen to smile as he pulled a parchment from a folder at his side, "I hope this will be as pleasant a surprise as becoming a Lady was. It seems that by accepting your Ladyship you have also become betrothed"! The color drained from both Harry and Hermione's faces as she asked the dreaded question, "T ... t ... to who am I betrothed"? Ragnok handed the contract to Hermione who after reading the names began to cry once more. "Hermione, who do you have to marry? Please tell me it's not Malfoy or Ron because if it is I'm going to be spending the rest of my life in Azkaban as I will kill both of them before I ever allow them to lay a finger on you". Hermione smiled at him through her tears and kissed him. "It's you silly boy, it's you. Apparently somewhere in the past as payment for a debt to the Potters a betrothal contract was made and we are the first of both lines to fulfill the parameters of the contract, and since it's the oldest of all the contracts for either family it takes precedence. That is if you would like to marry me some day Harry"? Harry turned to Ragnok, "Director is there a way for me to claim my family name and take my rightful place as head of the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Potter and make this Betrothal official"? "Lord Potter as the last of your line you have been able to claim your title and have your parents will read since you were eleven years old, we had always been told by your guardian that it was your choice to wait until you were older". "Guardian? No one has ever told me about a guardian and no one has ever told me about being able to claim my title since I was eleven". Ragnok told him that Dumbledore was his guardian and had always spoken for him in any banking matters. When Harry just stared at him blankly Ragnok said he would begin an official investigation into fraud on Harry's behalf. He then turned and ran a finger down a previously blank wall revealing a safe from which he removed a box and handed it to Harry. He opened the box and slid the Family ring, silver band with a ruby stone inlayed with the letter "P" in emeralds, onto his finger. "I Harry James Potter by my magic do hereby claim the title of Lord Potter to the Most Ancient and Most Noble House of Potter, so mote it be"! The ring glowed golden as it accepted the new Lord Potter. Harry took the betrothal contract and signed his name on the Potter Head of House line and slid it over to Hermione. As she finished signing it a silver flash blinded them all and the contract was gone but in its place Ragnok held a new piece of parchment. "Well this was most unexpected, but again a nice surprise for House Granger". "Another one Director, I'm not sure how many more my fiancé and I can handle", Hermione quirked. Ragnok laughed, "It seems that the act of making the contract official also gave you another boost in status, with the backing of the Potters you are now Lady Hermione Jane Granger-Potter of the Ancient and Most Noble House of Granger. By both of you signing as your Heads of House you have enacted the contract and are now Husband and Wife and you have become emancipated adults in both the magical and mundane worlds, may I be the first to congratulate you both". Hermione looked at Harry with an expression of shock but was relieved to see him smiling "It was always going to be you Hermione, you were the only girl I could ever see myself married to. This may not be the way either of us pictured it but I wouldn't want it any other way. We'll tell your parents and eventually have the magical and mundane wedding that we've always wanted". As they kissed for the first time as a married couple, Griphook brought out the Granger Portfolio and it was discovered that on top of vault 132 which contained 500,000 Galleons and a "small" library of about 30,000 titles not to mention various knick - knacks and other house hold items. She also owned several homes including Granger Manor just outside of Glasgow along with 49% of Florish and Blotts and 51% of Barnes and Noble. It seemed that the Grangers had a long and proud tradition of being "Know-It-Alls". Ragnok then asked Harry if he would like his parents will unsealed and read, with a nod Harry agreed. When Harry heard the will of his parents he got angry with Dumbledore as he had known that Sirius was not his parents secret keeper and still let them throw him in jail; he would have to talk to Sirius about these facts. Also in addition to his trust vault there was Vault #8 the Potter Family vault which contained over 50 million Galleons and various collectables with a library of just over 20,000 titles; then there was his parents vault with about 4 million Galleons and personal items from their short marriage including journals and personal trunks. After visiting the vaults and having Hermione select both an engagement and wedding band from the Potter Collection (she choose the same ones as Lilly had years earlier) they decided they would use Hermione's Glasgow Manor as a home for the time being as neither would return to the Burrow or the Dursley's and Harry was sure that Dumbledore knew about the Potter properties. Back in the Directors office Hermione wrote her parents a note that was also a portkey asking them to not return home that night but to trust their "kitten" and use the letter to meet her as she had some bad, but mostly good news to share with them. Harry called Dobby and asked if he could deliver the letter to the Grangers at work and then collect his and Hermione's things from the Weasley's, removing any tracking charms he found on them or their things and bring them to Hermione's new home. Dobby agreed and promptly removed the three current tracking charms already on Harry before "popping" away to deliver the letter to the elder Grangers. Hermione shared the address of their new home with Harry before activating the portkey and reappearing at the gates of Granger Manor.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.