The Three Signs - Book 2 - Lori
Chapter 35: Melbourne

Copyright© 2015 by William Turney Morris

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 35: Melbourne - The second book in the series; follow Will as he learns about love. Will Lori be his soulmate?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   BDSM   Light Bond   Spanking   Polygamy/Polyamory   Interracial   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Water Sports   Slow  

Concerts in Melbourne

February 17th – 26th, 1978

As we reached the dining car, one of the attendants told us that the meal service wouldn’t be starting until seven; but we were welcome to wait in the lounge car, and enjoy a drink or two before dinner. We made our way down to the lounge car, and took our seats at a table near the bar. I ordered gin and tonics for the girls, while I asked for a half strength bourbon and coke. We sipped our drinks, and talked about the upcoming week in Melbourne; wondering how the new songs might work out, getting them shape for the final days of recording the album in the following week, and what some future plans might be.

Megan seemed particularly keen on doing some more touring; she realized that would have to wait until at least the mid-semester break, which wouldn’t be until the middle of May, or perhaps the mid-year break, where we would have three weeks off in July. For her, she saw her future career in music, while for me the work with the group was just a part-time interest; my real career would be with computer networks; the music was just a sideline for me, even if a very satisfying and rewarding sideline.

For Lori, the music was a means to do things with Megan and me; much like my attitude to sailing with Lori. But I think she also enjoyed being able to contribute; a number of the new songs we had written included her lyrics; including ‘Cold Hearted Woman’, and the previous single that Megan and I had recorded. Of all of us involved in the group, she was the best at writing, not just general writing, but she had the ability to write great song lyrics. And as much as I would hate to admit it publically; the emotions that she captured in ‘Cold Hearted Woman’ were very close to how I felt at times about the way Cathy had treated me. I guess it was the process of singing the song over and over again, trying to express different feelings when we were recording the album last week made me really think about my reactions to Cathy, particularly when Lori told me that she used my initial break up with Cathy as the inspiration for her words.

We finished our drinks, and the barman told us that the dining car was now open, so we headed back and found a table. The food was excellent; we all had the rack of lamb, along with a nice bottle of red wine. By the time we were halfway through our main course, the train started to pull out of the station; and we were on our way to Melbourne. The food was so good, we decided to indulge ourselves with dessert; apple pie and ice cream followed by coffee and thin mint biscuits. By this time, we had left the Sydney suburbs behind us, and the sun had well and truly set. Every so often out of the window we would see the lights of some small town, or some isolated houses, but apart from that, and the odd car driving along a road near the tracks, there was nothing to be seen out in the blackness of the night.

With our meal over, we headed back to our carriage, and to our compartments. While we had been having our meal, the carriage attendant had unfolded and made up the beds in our two compartments, we just had to decide who should sleep in which compartment, and the order for moving from one compartment to the other. It was a pity each bed was so narrow; if they had full size double beds, then all three of us could share the one bed. As it was, it was a bit of a squeeze getting two people into the one bunk, so having all three of us together was not feasible.

We decided to get undressed, and sit on the lower bunk in my compartment, and look out of the window. We turned the lights out, so we could actually see out of the windows, of course the temptation to fool around was much too great. By the time the train stopped briefly at Goulburn, Megan was lying on my bunk, her breasts pressed against the window, as I was fucking her from behind. Had out room lights have been on, our actions would have been clearly visible to anyone on the platform who happened to glance at our window; but we were invisible to the few people outside.

As soon as Megan had come, Lori told her to move out of the way, she wanted me to fuck her in the same position, against the window; but by the time we had got into position, the train was pulling out of the station.

“Bugger!” she cursed. “I really wanted to be there, against the window, on view for the world while you fucked me.”

“We can try that when we pull into Albury,” I suggested. “Although that’s several hours away.”

We decided that Lori would sleep with me, at least until we went through Albury, and then she would swap with Megan until we had breakfast. Megan and I kissed, and she disappeared through the interconnecting door. Lori and I snuggled down into the bunk, for the time being, she was on her side facing me, while I was also on my side. We could kiss, touch each other, and talk softly. It was very relaxing, being so close in the bunk; with the gentle rocking of the train. The carriages on the ‘Southern Aurora’ were far more comfortable that the old compartment coaches that we had taken on the various special trains for the murder weekends, firstly, they were air conditioned, which mean the windows couldn’t be opened; but they were far quieter, and much smoother. Every so often, we could hear the ‘clickety-clack’ as the train traversed some points or a junction, but we only heard those sounds because everything else was so quiet.

“What would you think about taking some other long train journeys with me?” Lori asked. “We could go to Brisbane, or that long trip to Perth, on the Indian Pacific. That might be fun. There’s even some shorter ones around the state, a few have been shut down, but we should go to the main booking office in Central, and see what country trains we might catch. I don’t know how many still have these type of sleeper carriages, but it would still be fun.”

“I like that idea; how long does that trip to Perth take; it’s gotta be a couple of days. Brisbane sounds nice; I’ve never been up there. You know Megan’s been talking about us playing some gigs up there, maybe in the mid-year break,” I replied.

“Yeah, although I was thinking it might be nice if just you and I, or Megan with us as well, just went someplace where all we had to do was just look around and take in the scenery.”

“That sounds like fun,” I said. “When we get back next week, let’s see what train journeys are available.”

We decided to get some sleep; in a few hours we would be going through Albury, and it would be time for Lori and Megan to swap compartments. It seemed like no sooner had we fell asleep that the train was pulling into the station at Albury; Megan was standing next to the bunk, telling Lori that her time was up, and to let her into the bed.

“We don’t have to make love right away,” she said. “We can wait until the morning.”

She snuggled in between my body and the windows; I pressed against her warm backside, and she reached down to position my prick between her thighs, pressing up against her pussy. Of course, being in that position and combined with the gentle rocking of the train, in spite of her suggestion, we made love not all that long after the train had crossed into Victoria. Not believing there can be too much of a good thing, we celebrated a new day by making love again, when we woke up. Somehow having her naked body pressed against the glass of the window as we fucked made it even more exciting for both of us.

Lori came into the compartment as we were just about finishing; she leant over Megan, and sucked on her breasts. When we had finished, we freshened up, and headed to the dining car for breakfast.

“I hope I didn’t spoil things, interrupting you like that,” Lori said. “I tried to wait until I thought you might be up.”

“We were certainly up,” Megan said. “Well, at least Will was up me! Don’t worry, what you did to me was really nice; you can ‘interrupt’ like that any time!”

“This coming week, there won’t be a need to interrupt, with Tracy, that makes two couples,” Lori said. “Of course, we could try to get all four of us in the one bed.”

“I think our Miss Tracy might want to spend most of the evenings with Megan,” I suggested. “Lori and I are just an added bonus, the icing on the cake for her.”

“Don’t sell yourself so short,” Megan said. “I think – I know – that she enjoys sleeping with all three of us; it’s just a little overwhelming for her at times. I mean, she’s only just coming to terms with a sexual, romantic relationship, with two women and a man; it’s something completely new for her.”

“Well, I’m sure she has some plans in store for the week; we can just take things as they come,” Lori said.

“Really, ‘take things as they come’, you are bad, Lori Earle!” Megan said. “There will be lots of ‘coming’ during this week, that I can predict.”

The two girls were in good form this morning; their joking got more and more raunchy; and I was worried we might get some filthy looks from the other diners, but at least they kept their voices low. Breakfast was good; once we finished, it was back to our compartment. Both girls undressed, and sat on the bunk, looking out the window at the passing countryside. I decided to join them, sitting naked on the bunk, touching and caressing each other. Sitting naked next to the window – even though there was no chance anyone outside could see inside the window – it added some extra excitement. Once we were close to Melbourne; we got dressed, packed our cases, and made sure we looked presentable to be out in public.

Just like the previous time, our carriage was near the exit of the platform, we had just gone through the ticket booth when Tracy came running up towards us. As soon as she reached us, she wrapped her arms around Megan, kissing her, then embraced me, and finally Lori.

“Gott it’s so goot to zee you all!” she exclaimed. “Now, unt how vas your journey? Vas it goot?”

She was speaking in a German accent, which she explained by having to speak that way for her character.

“My last few scenes are being filmed tomorrow, and maybe Tuesday,” she said. “I’ll tell you all about it, at least as much as I can say on the way to the apartment.”

She led us to the tram stop; first giving each of us our weekly tram ticket. On the way to the apartment, she told us how her character, Anna. Last week they had the episode where she married ‘John Sullivan’; even though she knew it was just acting, she said it was really romantic, and she actually cried during the ‘ceremony’.

“It makes things hard for him; at least his character; having a romantic relationship with a German girl,” she said. “I mean, my character’s parents and my character were born in Germany, but even though we all oppose the Nazis, the script writers have put in lots of problems because of our race; in fact my ‘parents’ have been sent to an internment camp.”

I noticed how she would talk about her character, and other people in the show, as if her character was really her. I guess it was difficult to constantly move in our out of character; she had spent the last few weeks as Anna Kaufman, John Sullivan’s German born girlfriend; and now wife.

“Was there lots of kissing during and after the wedding?” Lori asked.

“Heaps! For a gay guy, he’s not half bad at kissing,” Tracy said.

“I could say for a lesbian girl, you’re not all that bad at kissing, either,” I said.

“That’s not the same thing!” she protested. “I mean, Andrew’s a hundred percent gay, he’s never had a serious girlfriend in his life. I’m not purely lesbian; as you should know, Will! Anyway, kissing him, in fact, the whole marriage scene was really romantic, I was all emotional and melty inside by the end of it.”

“I bet you were wishing that you and he were going somewhere for an actual ‘consummation’,” Megan said. “Gay or not, you might have ‘converted’ him!”

“Ha! I’m not likely to be able to ‘convert’ anyone,” she said. “Although in between takes, he did say some lovely things to me; he’s a real gentleman, I told him just how easy it was for me to act like the wedding was really happening; and what a handsome groom he made.”

“And how did he react?”

“Well, he thanked me, and told me what a beautiful bride I made and if he ever had ideas of getting married, he would want a woman as beautiful and lovely as me, but told me he would make a terrible husband, and that I deserved someone far more suitable than him.”

“He sounds like a nice guy,” I said.

“He is, but all of the cast are really nice, really friendly people,” she said. “I mean, you see them on the TV, and you think they are just acting and their behaviour is just what the script writers have specified. But every one of them; Paul Cronin, Lorraine Bayly, Andrew, Susan Hannaford; I can imagine them in real life just like the roles they are playing. One of the funniest guys is Michael Caton, who plays ‘Uncle Harry’; in real life he’s just as funny, just as much of a larrikin as the character on screen. It’s one of the best shows I’ve been in; I’m sad it’s coming to an end, but the writers decided that they needed to kill my character off, to let Andrew’s character develop and to bring in some new plot developments.”

“Bummer,” I said. “So how do you die? Car accident? Shot on the street?”

“No, nothing as dramatic; I fall sick, and die; despite ‘John’s’ medical training, he can’t save me, and he blames himself ... so to make up, he will be joining the Army medical corps, and heading off to Europe to help in the war; but keep all that to yourselves, at least until those episodes screen. I do get some pretty dramatic scenes, as I’m dying in hospital though. It will be a few tough days of acting; I have to make sure the final scenes are going to be real tear-jerkers.”

By now we had reached our tram stop, we walked the short distance to the apartments; just like before, the three of us would use the closet in the bedroom Tracy wasn’t using. She asked if we wanted to swap partners around each night, just as we had done the last time we stayed with her.

“What if we have all four of us together tonight, in your bed, Tracy?” Megan suggested. “From memory, that’s a king sized bed, and we might all fit.”

“Works for me,” Tracy said. “So, I guess we just have to wait until the rest of the group arrives? What time should they be here?”

“Probably not until sometime after lunch,” Lori said. “The truck isn’t all that fast, but Mary Beth said she will call here once they hit the outskirts of Melbourne. Give us time to get decent, she said, the rude bugger!”

“So, what can we do until then?” Tracy asked, suggestively.

Megan said nothing, just took her by the hand, and led her to the bedroom.

“Come on, you two, what are you waiting for, a personal invitation from the Queen?” she called out to Lori and me.

When we got into the room with Megan and Tracy, Tracy looked at me.

“Will, your clothes, they bother me. Take them off, so I can bang you like a screen door in a cyclone!”

Talk about direct; and earlier I had thought that Tracy would be mainly interesting in sleeping with Megan, not me! We spend the remainder of the morning in Tracy’s large bed, making love. There was something about adding Tracy to our regular threesome; when she was with us, there was an added dimension of ‘fun’ added to our love-making. For example, at one stage, Tracy had her face between Megan’s thighs, licking her pussy, and as Megan came, she let out a loud fart. She was so embarrassed, of course, but Tracy raised her head, and spoke ‘Speak to me, Oh chocolate lips’, and we all burst out laughing.

That marked the conclusion of our morning love-making as we were all too busy laughing; we all headed off to the shower, and once we were cleaned up, it was time for lunch. While we were eating, the phone rang; it was Mary Beth, saying they were making slower progress than had been expected; they had only reached Wangaratta, and wouldn’t be here at the apartments until much later in the afternoon.

“While we’re waiting for the others, would you all mind doing me a huge favour?” Tracy asked. “Tomorrow I’ll be filming one of my last scenes, it’s a pretty intense one, and I wonder if you would help me rehearse. Maybe Will, you could play the role of John, and Megan could be Grace, Lori, you can read all the other characters. I’m in my hospital bed, barely conscious, and ... well, you can read the script and the background to the scenes.”

We readily agreed, and we quickly read over the script. As Tracy had said, it was a pretty intense scene; her character, Anna, was pretty much at death’s door; there was no explanation of what her illness was, except for the fact that the doctors had no clue as to what it was, but it had seriously affected her immune system, and her body was pretty much shutting down. Her husband, John Sullivan and his mother were with her in the hospital ward; her parents – who were in an alien intern camp – were due to visit her later that evening. As I read the lines, I thought they came across as pretty corny, and I doubted how good the scene would come across on television.

We set up in the bedroom; I told myself that instead of the rather nicely decorated bedroom, with the modern king sized bed; we were in a large hospital ward, with rows of iron framed single beds, bare wooden floors, and rudimentary grey steel cabinets as furniture. There would also be nurses, clad in the starched uniforms and veils that were common back then, rather than the very attractive – but certainly non-nurselike – naked Lori sitting opposite me on the bed.

Tracy gave us the background to how the plot had arrived at this scene; the history of her relationship with the other characters, and what was expected from the scene. Not only was it designed to remove her character from the ongoing storyline; but it had to set John Sullivan up for a substantial change in nature. Up until now, he had been strongly opposed to the war, and had refused to enlist, or be involved in the war effort in any way, much to his father’s disgust. As a result of him losing his wife, and being unable to do anything to save her, will undergo a change of heart, enlist in the Australian Army Medical Corps, and sail to Europe to assist in the war effort.

At least knowing the background helped me to make sense of the script; meanwhile Tracy had settled herself into the bed, and had closed her eyes, and was preparing herself mentally for the scene. I thought about the role I was to read; I tried to imagine I was in that same situation, and it was Lori or Megan who was dying, right in front of me. How would I feel? How would I react? I thought of how Lori, Megan and I had on occasions talked about the future, with the three of us living together as a family. What if something was to happen to one of them, and that future was about to be taken away from me? How would I cope? What would my life be like? I had mostly worked that out, when Tracy asked if we were ready. I would hold the script, and read my lines, and let the others read their lines, too. Tracy, of course, would say her lines from memory. With all four of us ready, we started the scene.

As Tracy spoke her lines; I was amazed at the transformation; not just the hint of a German accept, but her voice was strained; as if it was talking all of her energy to mouth the words. She certainly sounded like someone who only had a short time left to live. As I said my lines, I imagined that I was witnessing her imminent death; I could easily see myself in that 1940’s hospital ward; with the background sounds of other people fighting to stay alive, the smells of hospital disinfectant, and the general air of misery and desperation.

By the time we had finished going through scene, I felt emotionally drained. Tracy had been so convincing in her role as the ‘Dying Anna’, I felt as if I was sitting next to her death bed. I sat back in my chair, and took a few deep breaths. The others seemed to have been just as affected as I was by the scene we had just contributed to. Tracy, as well, seemed to be upset from playing the role; she sat up, and wiped her eyes. She appeared to be struggling to regain control of her emotions; I thought how hard it would have to be, playing roles like that, where you are required to switch into and out from an intense character position.

“Thank you for doing that, all of you,” she said. “You were really good, Will, it felt as if you were completely in the character, you sounded like you were so upset, so scared that you were about to lose me. You really helped me to get into my character.”

“I could say exactly the same thing; you sounded so convincing, it was so easy to believe that you were just hours away from death,” I replied.

“I’ve been practicing that for the last week,” she said. “Plus several scenes have already been filmed, so it’s not that hard for me to slip into the role. You just somehow walked in cold, and nailed it. You could get work as an actor, no problems.”

“I’m not sure I would want to have to do things like that, playing those really emotional scenes, day in, day out,” I replied.

“It’s not always that emotionally intense,” she said. “Do you want to take a break, then try it again? I think all I need is just one more run through, and I should have it nailed.”

We took a break; my throat was feeling rather dry, so I went to the kitchen, and poured a glass of milk. I had just downed the glass, when Lori came out to join me.

“You were pretty convincing back then,” she said. “I can see why Tracy asked you to play that role opposite her, and why she thinks you would be great at acting. How did you manage to express such sadness? Listening to you, and seeing your face, you almost had me in tears!”

“I just tried to imagine how I would feel if the situation was real, but it was you or Megan who was lying there, at death’s door, and there was nothing that I could do to prevent it happening,” I said. “Then once Tracy started speaking, the emotions just came naturally.”

“Would you really me that upset if I was about to die?” she asked, hugging me.

“Of course I would – but don’t put it to the test, I would hate to go through that for real.”

She smiled, and kissed me on the tip of my nose.

“Don’t be silly, I have no intention of dying anytime soon! Would you really say some of the things that were in that script?”

“Probably; to be honest, when I first read through it, I thought the lines were so schmaltzy, so corny to the point of being unbelievable; I mean, would anyone really say stuff like that? But once I got into it, and Tracy – she was brilliant, by the way – once she sounded as if she was about to cark it at any moment ... the words just seemed natural.”

“Yeah, I’m impressed with the quality of the script writing; I’m don’t think I could write a scene like that, well, it certainly wouldn’t come across as realistic or convincing.

After the break we rehearsed the scene again with Tracy; maybe because how she would act wasn’t a surprise to me, I didn’t feel that I put the same level of emotions into my part; whatever the reason, I didn’t feel the same level of devastation at Anna’s impending death as I had the first time through. Tracy didn’t seem to notice, but if she did, she didn’t make any comments. When we had finished, she felt that she was sufficiently prepared for the next day’s filming, and she thanked us for helping her rehearse. With the rehearsing done, there wasn’t much to do until the others arrived.

It was around five in the afternoon when they arrived; they were all hot, tired and cranky from the slow, hot trip. Mary Beth got everyone sorted out into their apartments, and we agreed to meet back in Tracy’s apartment for dinner at six-thirty; we would get take-away pizza for everyone. Tracy and I had plenty of time to get to the pizza place in South Melbourne, order sufficient food for all of us, and return. Meanwhile, Lori and Megan had moved the furniture around, it would be far easier for us all to sit on the floor to eat.

While we were having dinner, Jillian commented on just how great the apartments were, how staying in them for the week would be so much better than either normal hotel rooms, or on the tour bus. She asked how we were able to get them.

“Tracy put us onto them,” Mary Beth said. “The company that produces the show she’s in owns them, she mentioned the possibility of us staying in them, and I mentioned it to Ted Albert and Fifa. Ted’s a good friend of Hector Crawford, and apparently he owed Ted a favour or two...”

“We can sleep in proper beds, and have decent bathrooms and showers,” Allison said. “Not that I don’t like traveling together on the bus, but, as a place to stay for a week, it’s not the best.”

“Well, we probably should go over the set lists for our gigs this week,” Phil said. “I was talking with Jim Keays, and he said that Melbourne audiences are a bit different from the typical Sydney pub crowd; first, the gigs will be longer, we will be playing from seven until eleven, with only two short breaks. Plus, they are far more into dancing, not just standing around holding their beers. What we thought is we take the standard set list from our previous gigs, and add in the songs from the latest album. We can work on some of them, do the extended versions, play them for a bit longer, give more time for dancing.

“The tour here is being promoted as the ‘Cold Hearted Woman’ tour, some advance promotion for the new album, so I guess it’s only right we play those songs. Here’s what some of us have come up with as a proposed set, what does everyone think?”

He gave us all copies of the set list, it looked good to me; a good balance of old, well-proven songs, plus the new ones, including the ones we needed to work on for the album.

“It’s going to be pretty full on; is everyone comfortable with what we’ve got?”

We all thought the suggested set lists looked good. The other thing Phil had to tell us – to tell Megan and me, in particular – were some changes to the arrangements of some of the newer songs. The thing that I was most happy about were some changes to a song that Mandy and Jillian had come up with; it now had a name – “Alice’s Sister” – and I had always thought it sounded pretty wimpy. They had changed up the tempo; and Phil had come up with a guitar solo that would be put in between the second and third verses.

“We’ll have sixteen bars of my solo,” he said, “then Jillian and Mandy have come up with this really wild sax fill in; for another sixteen bars. Now, Will, do you think you can take their theme, and improvise on that, either with the Hammond or the piano? Tomorrow, once we’re set up at the venue, we can run through it; but I think it will make that song pretty good.”

“We’ve even written the music out for you, Will,” Mandy said, passing me over a sheet of music.

There were a few other changes to some of the other arrangements; everything that they had come up with seemed to be pretty simple and easy to follow; of course it would have to wait until tomorrow when we could try them out.


After an enjoyable night spent with all four of us in Tracy’s large bed, we had some breakfast, and hung around the apartment until it was time to head off to the first location for our gig – a place called ‘Dorset Gardens’. This was in the north-eastern suburb of Croydon; almost all the way across the city to the foothills of the Dandenong Mountains. We got over there in time to have a late lunch after setting all of our equipment up.

After lunch, we did a quick sound and lighting check, it was time to work on the musical interlude in “Alice’s Sister”. I had Phil, Mandy and Jillian play through their instrumental sections several times so I could work out how to complement that with an organ solo. Eventually we got something that sounded good. We then played through the complete final set; which was all of the songs from the new album; the modifications to the arrangements that the others had worked on seemed to improve them. We started the gig right on seven; the crowd seemed to be older than the typical crowds that we would typically attract in Sydney; the placed billed itself as an “Over 21 Nightclub”. I thought that was funny, considering that half of our band was still under twenty-one.

The gig went well, the audience seemed to like the music we played, particularly some of the newer songs. The advice from Jim Keays had been quite valuable; I noticed that the audience was more into listening and dancing to the music, rather than just standing there drinking. I needed to do more work on my keyboard part for the instrumental break in “Alice’s Sister”; it still seemed to lack some ‘punch’. I had an idea or two, and I would try that out tomorrow afternoon.

The next morning, a few of us decided to take a tram into the city to check out the shops. Murph wanted to see ‘The Model Dockyard’, and Mary Beth accompanied him, to make sure he didn’t go crazy. Allison and Jillian wanted to check out some of the shops around the Bourke Street Mall, so I went along with them. We looked around for a bit, and then they got bored looking at clothes, so we found a little coffee shop down one of the lanes off Bourke Street. As we were going through the door into the coffee shop, Jillian seemed to stumble, I grabbed her arm to stop her falling, and I noticed her speech was sounding slurred.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.