The Three Signs - Book 2 - Lori
Chapter 30 Mid-Year Break

Copyright© 2015 by William Turney Morris

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 30 Mid-Year Break - The second book in the series; follow Will as he learns about love. Will Lori be his soulmate?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   BDSM   Light Bond   Spanking   Polygamy/Polyamory   Interracial   Anal Sex   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Water Sports   Slow  

A Roaring Twenties Anniversary

June 28 – July 1, 1977

We made our way down the street to the St Peters station with our luggage; I really couldn’t understand why we need THREE large suitcases for just three days, but I wasn’t going to start our anniversary celebration by picking a fight. We got off at Central, and struggled down the main concourse to platform 6, where the train to Mount Victoria was waiting. We found a vacant compartment, and after much heaving, I had all of our cases up on the luggage racks above our seats.

I enjoyed the train trip to the Blue Mountains; particularly once we had left the Sydney plain, and started the climb up the mountain. Each station, starting at Lapstone, showed the elevation above sea level; as we climbed we could feel the temperature drop. When the train pulled out of the station at Katoomba, I started to get our cases down, since our stop would be the next one.

Fortunately at the station, there was a shuttle bus to take us to the hotel, the driver help me put our cases in the luggage area at the back of the bus. It wasn’t all that far from the station to the hotel; and when we reached it, there was a luggage trolley for our cases. We checked in, and we saw some of the other guests; I no longer felt I would look rather silly in the outfits Lori had obtained for me. We were given the key to our room, along with a map of the hotel complex and the ground, and a timetable for events over the next few days.

We headed up to our room; it was in the one of the older parts of the complex, with stunning views out of the large windows to the Megalong Valley. We had what they called a “valley view suite”; we had our own en suite bathroom; certainly not as luxurious as the one Allison and I had shared in the Hilton, but still convenient. The main part of the room was given over to a large, queen size bed; with wrought iron headboard and footboard. It was quite high off the floor; and there were more than sufficient pillows on the bed. We unpacked our cases; putting the clothes in the closet (again, like Allison, Lori didn’t like living out of a suitcase), and she suggested some clothes I should wear for dinner that evening.

I looked through the handouts that we had been given at reception; apparently the hotel had been given over to a recreation of the ‘roaring twenties’; we would need to dress appropriately for dinner (and be in the dining room by 7:30 for the meal). It looked like being a lot of fun.

“We have a few hours until dinner,” Lori said. “Is there anything you might like to do? Maybe take a walk outside in the gardens?”

I told her that sounded like a great idea.

“We will need to get dressed appropriately; let me get out some clothes for you to wear; we can try out the shower, get dressed, and take a walk,” she said. “Unless you might like to try out our bed first?”

“Even better! I assume when you said ‘try out our bed’, you weren’t referring to us taking an afternoon nap?”

“Do I look like the afternoon napping type?” she said, as she started to remove her clothes. “Don’t just stand there like an idiot, get your clothes off too!”

I quickly removed my clothes; I was about to leave them in a pile on the floor, until I saw Lori put hers neatly on the back of one of the chairs, so I put mine across the back of another chair; with my shoes and socks set out neatly under the chair. Once she was naked, she pulled back the covers of the bed, and motioned for me to lie down in the centre.

As Lori got on the bed, and straddled my waist; we felt the bed rocking, and once she started riding me, the bed shook violently. There was a combination of metallic squeaking sounds, combined with a constant banging as the headboard would hit the wall. After a minute or two, we both burst out laughing; the sounds of our lovemaking were just so loud.

“I hope the walls are well insulated,” Lori said. “Otherwise the whole place will know what we are up to!”

“What if we pull the bed back from the wall a bit,” I suggested, “so we at least don’t have the banging of the headboard against the wall.”

It wasn’t too difficult to pull the bed away from the wall; we stopped once it was about a foot away.

“That should be enough to stop all that banging,” I said.

“I wonder if there’s any way to tighten up the frame,” Lori asked. “I just hope all the rocking doesn’t break it, and we end up in a heap on the floor.”

“I’ll have a look at it later,” I said. “Now, where were we... ?”

This time as she rode me, we only had the squeaking sounds as the bedframe moved with us this time. Without the annoying distraction, we both came rather quickly. Lori slid off me; and we went into the bathroom to have a shower. We had to wait a minute or two before the water from the hot tap was actually warm; even then the flow from the shower head was not all that strong. However, it was sufficient to wash each other; and even thought the towels were small; we dried off.

The clothes that Lori had got for me looked like it was right out of the ‘Great Gatsby’; I put on a white shirt, a pair of cream linen trousers; and a two tone blue striped blazer. There was a red and blue bow tie – fortunately, pre-tied, and a straw boater hat, along with a rather ornately carved cane.

“That cane was my grandfather’s,” Lori told me. “If you look at the tip, see how this unscrews? You can put some liquor in there, and when no one’s looking have a discrete sip...”

“Probably rather useful during Prohibition,” I remarked. “I will abstain, though.”

Lori had put on an ivory coloured ‘flapper’ dress; it stopped just above her knees in a fringe. As well as the dress, she had a black headband, two large strings of what I assumed were fake pearls around her neck, and a black feather boa across her shoulders. The black fishnet stockings completed the look. As we left the room, she picked up a long ebony cigarette holder.

“Just for effect,” she said, “I haven’t taken up smoking all of a sudden.”

Just as I was about to leave, Lori stopped me.

“There’s one more thing you need,” she said, “sit here on this stool at the dresser, and I’ll fix your moustache. No gentleman back then would have been completely clean-shaven.”

I sat at the dresser while she pulled some things from her makeup bag; a rather luxuriant looking fake moustache, and a small glass bottle of clear liquid. Taking a cotton bud, she dabbed some of the liquid on my upper lip.

“Spirit gum,” she explained. “That will stop it from falling off; but it’s easily removed when we need to take it off.”

With the gum applied, she fixed the moustache to my lip, making sure it was lined up properly. I looked at my appearance in the mirror; it actually didn’t look too bad. Each side of it had been shaped to a point; I looked like a villain from one of those old movies.

“Now, unless you give me the deed to the farm, I’ll tie you to these railroad tracks!” I said, then laughed evilly.

“No! Never! Unhand me, you cad!” Lori replied, getting into the spirit of my acting.

We made our way along the hallways until we could take the doors out to the rear paved deck. At one side, it overlooked a large grassy area, where several people were playing croquet. Another couple, sitting at a small table, motioned for us to come over and join them.

“Hi there,” the woman said. “I haven’t seen you here before, did you just arrive?”

We sat at the table with them; after introducing ourselves (Gloria “G” Munday, romance writer, and her partner, William Turney), they told us about the background to the week. They both worked for the State Government; the man’s name was Gary Kemp, and the woman was his wife, Pauline. He worked for the Valuer-General’s Department, determining property values for land tax and council rates, while she was a titling clerk for the Land Title’s office. Pauline explained how the group organizing the week was called the “Sydney Victorian Appreciation Society”, which grew out of a club called ‘The Sydney Diogenes Gathering”. They were a group of fans of the ‘Sherlock Holmes’ books; they became interested in a wider recreation of English Victorian society; staging events and the like.

“This is the first time we’ve moved ahead in time, so to speak,” Gary said. “Although we have run some ‘Murder Mystery’ weekends at a guest house in Bundanoon. They are a lot of fun, we all get there on a Friday night, each person has a character to play, and you have to remain in character all weekend. At some stage on the Friday night, a person, sometimes several, are ‘murdered’. The aim of the weekend is to solve the murder; it’s almost like play-acting an Agatha Christie book.”

“You said you were a writer, didn’t you, G,” Pauline said. “You should talk to Alice, she’s the one down there in the yellow dress. We always need people to write up scenes and character background for those weekend. You two should come along to one of them, they are great fun.”

“Friday and Saturday nights might pose a problem for me,” I said. I then explained how I played music every weekend; and they sounded interested in what we played at the Crystal Ballroom.

“If you’re interested, I can get some complementary tickets for you if you want,” Lori said. “Will, do you have one of your cards with our phone number on it to give to them?”

I pulled a card from my wallet, and passed it to Lori.

“Here’s my phone number,” she said, passing the card to Pauline. “If you would like to come one night, call me early in the week, and I can arrange for some tickets to be waiting at the door for you.”

The four of us talked more about the various activities that the ‘Victorian Appreciation Society’ ran, the challenges of remaining ‘in character’ for extended periods, where they generally rented their costumes from. At one stage, the woman who organized the Murder Mystery weekends was walking past us, and Pauline introduced Lori and me to her, explaining how Lori (“G”) was a writer, and might be a resource for future weekends, writing scripts and scenarios. It all sounded a lot of fun, and I suggested to Lori that if we planned ahead, I could have the others fill in for me on that weekend.

Before long it was time to return to our room so we could change for dinner. According to the instructions; dress for dinner was ‘time period appropriate formal’; I wasn’t really sure what that entailed. Fortunately Lori had been in charge of making sure we had the right clothes and accessories. She changed out of her flapper dress; this time wearing a long black gown; the boa was replaced with the fox fur, and she had some long elbow length gloves. I removed my clothes; making sure I hung them up carefully in the wardrobe; and looked at what Lori had selected for my ‘formal wear’.

Along with a dinner suit, she had found a rather fetching white waistcoat; there were also a pair of suspenders to make sure my trousers stayed up. This time, I had to fiddle around tying the black bow tie; while I was fooling around with the stupid thing, Lori was getting dressed, and applying her makeup. She had a long black dress; cut low at the back, with a trailing cape. She wore the same long string of pearls around her neck; and had fixed a jewelled head band around her forehead. I managed not to laugh at the feathers that were attached to it; I guess it was the correct style, but I didn’t make comments about looking like a cockatoo.

The makeup she was applying was something different though; she had put on some dark eyeliner around her eyes, emphasising their shape, and was just finishing putting on some dark red lipstick, giving her mouth that classic outline. I watched, fascinated, as she applied mascara to her eyelashes with a fancy brush; she then applied some rouge powder to her cheeks to emphasise their contours.

The change in her appearance was dramatic; in her costume and make up, she looked like a starlet from a nineteen-twenty’s silent film. Which, when I thought about it, was exactly what she was trying to achieve. I picked up my white gloves and top hat; and we headed down to the dining room. Any feelings I had about looking like an idiot dressed up were quickly dispelled as we approached the room; our attire wasn’t anywhere near as extreme as some people’s; but we appeared to fit in.

The dining room was almost completely filled; at a quick guess there were maybe a hundred tables, maybe a little more, and we wound our way through the room until we found our table. We were sitting not all that far from the front of the room; off to one side was a large grand piano; I made a quick inspection of it. As I felt the keys with my fingers; Gary and Pauline came up from their table.

“Tempted to entertain us tonight?” Gary asked. “I think everyone would enjoy hearing some suitable music.”

While the four of us were standing around at the piano; Alice came up to speak to me.

“I know you’re a musician, Will; do you think you could provide some suitable dinner music for us? Something to set the mood, if you would like.”

“Well, a lot of what I play is from the 40’s and 50’s,” I said. “But I can see what I can do.”

A few minutes later she returned with one of the hotel workers, who had a microphone on a boom; the cable ran across the floor to where I assumed it was plugged in to the PA system.

“This is probably the best we can do to give you a microphone,” Alice said.

I sat at the piano, and spoke into the mike.

“Testing ... testing ... one ... two ... three...”

It seemed to work well enough; it wasn’t too loud, and sounded clean and clear. I started with a Scott Joplin piece; ‘Solace’, just to get the feel of the keyboard. It felt a bit soft and spongy; as if it had been played pretty hard over its life. But the piano was pretty much in tune; no keys were sticking, and the tone wasn’t too bad. After that piece, I continued with ‘Maple Leaf Rag’ while I tried to think of some songs from the Twenties that I could play without needing the sheet music.

I came up with some songs from that era; ones that I could play and remember the words to. The first was Gershwin’s ‘Stairway to Paradise’, then I followed that up with a blues number, ‘Nobody Knows You When you’re Down and Out’. I played some other popular songs from that era, ‘Tea for Two’, “Stardust’, ‘Someone to Watch over Me’; these were all ones that we would play in our regular gigs. I took a break while Lori and I had our meal, then it was back to the piano, with ‘Ain’t Misbehavin’, ‘Mean to Me’, ‘Mack the Knife’, ‘Blue Skies’, then finished up with ‘Ma, He’s Making Eyes at Me’; all the time while looking at Lori and pulling faces at her.

While we were having dessert, a number of people came up to thank me for playing; saying how the live music really made the dinner seem authentic. After dessert, I went back to the piano, and even though they were from a later decade, I played ‘Summertime’, ‘Sophisticated Lady’, ‘I Got Rhythm’, and ‘It’s Only a Paper Moon’. Somehow I got a complete mental block during ‘Paper Moon’; for the life of me I couldn’t remember the words to the second verse. At least I was able to keep playing the music; but afterwards I apologised to the audience. Sure, it was a song that I rarely played; but still...

That just about exhausted my repertoire of songs of that style, at least without my music books, so I repeated some of the ones I had played earlier. By this time, I felt that I had probably played enough.

“Well, Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you for letting me provide some music for our evening meal. Now, I have one last song to play; it’s not in the correct era or style; but it’s for a special friend of mine. The reason why I’m up here, why G and I are here this week is to celebrate a year of being together. It took us long enough to realize that we were right for each other, and after a few false starts, our life together started about a year ago.

“Tonight we are celebrating more than just twelve months of us being together; it’s also her birthday today. She’s a very special person to me, and for my final song, I want to play and sing something that’s just for her. This song is a special song for the two of us; it’s our song.”

Everyone looked around at Lori; to see what her reaction would be. She looked surprised; I hadn’t given her any indication of what I was about to do. Most of the time that I played ‘Today’ was on the acoustic guitar; I rarely played it on the piano. I started by just playing the music to the verse, to make sure I had it right. Then I started singing.

Today, while the blossoms still cling to the vine

I’ll taste your strawberries, I’ll drink your sweet wine

A million tomorrows shall all pass away

‘Ere I forget all the joy that is mine, Today

I’ll be a dandy, and I’ll be a rover

You’ll know who I am by the songs that I sing

I’ll feast at your table, I’ll sleep in your clover

Who cares what tomorrow shall bring

Today, while the blossoms still cling to the vine

I’ll taste your strawberries, I’ll drink your sweet wine

A million tomorrows shall all pass away

‘Ere I forget all the joy that is mine, Today

I can’t be contented with yesterday’s glory

I can’t live on promises winter to spring

Today is my moment, now is my story

I’ll laugh and I’ll cry and I’ll sing

Today, while the blossoms still cling to the vine

I’ll taste your strawberries, I’ll drink your sweet wine

A million tomorrows shall all pass away

‘Ere I forget all the joy that is mine, Today

Today, while the blossoms still cling to the vine

I’ll taste your strawberries, I’ll drink your sweet wine

A million tomorrows shall all pass away

‘Ere I forget all the joy that is mine, Today

As I was about halfway through the song; I could see Lori wiping tears away from her eyes; she saw me looking at her, so I smiled, hoping she would understand why I played this particular song. When I finished, everyone stood to applaud; I stood at the piano, bowed slightly, and returned to our table. Lori reached across to hold my hands.

“That was ... I wasn’t expecting you...” she paused, sniffed, and wiped her eyes. Once she seemed to have regained her composure, she squeezed my hands, and continued. “That was one of the loveliest things you have done for me. Doing that, in front of all these people ... you make me feel so incredibly special.”

“That’s because you are so special to me,” I said. “If I could play music for all of the people here, people I don’t even know, then I should be able to play something just for you.”

Lots of people came up to thank me for playing; several said to Lori what a lovely romantic gesture it was playing a song just for her. Alice came up as well to thank me for playing.

“If you want to play like that for the next two nights; that would be great,” she said. “We can’t afford to pay you out of the budget for the week, but we can make your dinners complementary, if that would be acceptable.”

“Sounds good to me,” I said. “I like playing; people seem to enjoy it.”

We decided it was time to head back to our room for the night. As Lori was starting to get undressed, I retrieved her birthday present that I had hidden in a zippered compartment of my case. I gave the package to her, kissing her on the back of her neck.

“I would have given it to you before dinner,” I said. “But I don’t think the style would have gone with your outfit.”

She carefully opened the package; peeling off the sticky tape and removing the paper without ripping it off. When she opened the box; she gasped as she saw the contents.

“Oh, that’s so beautiful!” she exclaimed. “What are the stones? They are such a lovely dark grey colour. I will have to try the earrings on, too.”

“Its haematite; a highly polished type of iron ore,” I said.

“The necklace is so beautiful,” she said, as she held it up to her neck. “And the set will go with the evening outfits I have for this week; I’ll wear them tomorrow. Thank you so much.”

She hugged and kissed me; as I had my arms around her back I tried to undo the zipper of her top; but I was unsuccessful. Fortunately Lori was able to reach around behind her neck and unfasten the catch at the top of the zipper; I then unzipped it; and started to remove her top.

“I think you want us to get naked,” she said, as she removed her bra. “Let me hang things up properly, then we can get into bed.”

The temperature had dropped considerably; I was glad there were extra blankets to put on the bed. I looked at the old-fashioned radiator in our room; the only contribution that it made was a collection of assorted groans and banging sounds; there was certainly no heat coming from it.

“We will just have to cuddle closely and keep each other warm,” Lori said, as she slipped between the sheets.

We really didn’t need to worry about any creaking sounds coming from our bedframe as we made love; the antiquated heating system accompanies our activities with a succession of groans, clanks, and banging sounds as it valiantly, but ineffectually tried to keep the night’s cold at bay. It wasn’t a great issue; the cold or the noise; as we were plenty warm enough under the covers, and our love-making warmed us further.


When we woke up, it was still rather chilly in the room. I went across to the window, and pulled the curtains open, hoping to see the view of the Megalong Valley. Sadly, I could barely see more than twenty metres; everything was obscured by a thick, grey fog.

“So much for a room with a view,” I said, getting back into bed.

“I don’t give a fuck about what’s outside our room at the moment,” Lori replied. “What I want to see is your body on top of mine, and you fucking some warmth into me!”

Our morning wake-up was particularly invigorating; I started out by sliding down under the covers so I could lick and suck on Lori’s pussy; she moaned and squirmed as my tongue flicked around her clit. When she came, she let out a deep, guttural groan; her body shook, and her legs gripped around my shoulders. When she relaxed her grip around my body, I slid up along her body, so I was completely on top of her. She reached down to guide my prick into her; as I slid into her, she pulled on my hips to force me right inside.

We started moving in sync; Lori thrusting her hips up to match me pushing inside her; and quickly settled into a steady rhythm. Lori came a second time, just as I was spurting inside her. I lowered myself so that I was hugging her; after a minute I pulled out of her, and rolled over next to her.

“I love it when we manage to come at the same time,” she said. “It doesn’t always happen, but when it does, it feels so good.”

“Quite often, I can feel it when you come, and that’s all it takes to get me over the edge,” I replied.

“Or when I feel you starting to spurt...” she added.

We got into the bathroom, had a shower together, and then got dressed to go down for breakfast. I decided to wrap a warm scarf around my neck; Lori was also wearing a long, warm coat. At least the dining room was warm; we helped ourselves to a generous breakfast from the breakfast buffet; Gary and Pauline stopped by our table.

“Once the fog clears, and the day warms up, would you two like to join us for a game of croquet?” Gary asked. “I’ll put our names down on the reservation list, if you would like.”

“That might be fun,” Lori said. “As long as someone can explain the rules.”

“I guess it’s more than just whacking the balls with the wooden mallet?” I said.

“There is someone around to explain the rules,” Pauline said. “What if we aim for eleven?”

We all agreed on the time; they went off to get their own breakfast, and we finished our meal. On the way back to our room, we noticed the fog appeared to be lifting slightly, so we decided to take a walk in the grounds. We found a trail leading through the trees; the signpost said “Valley Lookout”. Even though we had put our overcoats on, it was still rather cool; the frost on the grass crunched under our feet.

“At least there’s no snow,” Lori said, as she took my hand in hers.

We found the lookout; had there been no fog filling the valley I’m sure the view would have been rather spectacular; but all we could see were the tops of some of the trees, maybe fifty metres from us. Across in the far distance, we could see the other side of the valley; but as far as looking down into Megalong Valley, that would have to wait until the fog lifted. We decided to head back to the main building, taking a slightly different path; we had only gone a short distance back when we saw off to the side of the track a wooden bench. Lori looked at me, there was a wicked grin on her face and she pulled me towards the bench.

“I have an idea for some fun,” she said. “Why don’t you undo your trousers, pull them down a bit as you sit there?”

As I sat down on the bench, she hitched her dress up around her waist. I noticed that she wasn’t wearing any underwear; clearly, she had gone out this morning with something like this in mind. The cold weather had affected my erection, but after some encouragement from her lips and tongue, I was hard enough for her to straddle my waist and lower herself onto my pole.

She was lovely and warm inside, and very wet, too. She slowly rose up and down, squeezing and relaxing her muscles, slowly milking my cock. I wondered if we would be able to hear anyone approaching in time to make ourselves decent; I decided that there was no point worrying about that; if we got caught, so be it.

The only downside to being fully clothed was that I wasn’t able to suck on her breasts; as she rose up and down, they were only inches from my eyes, but concealed underneath her coat and dress. The excitement of being out in the open added to the excitement; it didn’t take too long for both of us to come.

“That was fun,” she said. “I was pretty sure we could finish before anyone else came along.”

She stood up and straightened her dress, and buttoned her coat up again. I stood up, and did up my trousers, tucking in my shirt. We continued back to the main building, and once inside our room, we quickly freshened up in the bathroom; a quick wash removed any evidence of our quickie on the path. As we were about to head back to the main terrace, she turned to me, with a strange look in her face.

“Will, there’s something I really have to tell you,” she said.

Those words were a premonition that something bad was about to happen. The last time a girl said them to me was almost three years ago, when Cathy broke up with me after her holiday to Brisbane. I automatically feared the worst.

“I know this probably isn’t the best time or place to tell you this, what with us being up here for our anniversary, and having just made love outdoors, but ... You know how the others, Garry and Jill, David and Claire, Stephen, Greg are moving into the place next door?”

I nodded my head, afraid to say anything, in case I said the wrong thing.

“Well, for a while now, there’s been the physical attraction between Stephen and me; and well ... once he’s there next door, I would like on occasions to spend a night with him; to have sex with him. There’s nothing more than that; I want to keep being with you, and Megan, but...”

She paused, and looked down at the ground. A huge sense of relief washed over me; it wasn’t the end of our relationship, just Lori feeling the need to expand her circle of lovers.

“Before I do anything though, I know what our rules are. I’m not asking for permission from you, but I want to make sure you are happy, or at least comfortable with me sleeping, having sex with Stephen. If you’re not happy with it, then I can forget about it...”

“Lori, if that’s what you and Stephen want to do, then that’s fine with me,” I said. “I mean, that’s along the lines of what we said a relationship is all about, at least with us; there’s no ‘exclusivity’ or ownership involved. I mean, I would be a huge hypocrite if I said ‘No, I don’t want you having sex with him”, considering that I sleep with other women. Anyway, you sleep with others; Megan, Janelle, Jillian, Ros and Wendy on occasions, so what’s the big difference with Stephen?”

“Well, he’s a guy, and we will be having actual sex; intercourse ... fucking,” she replied. “That makes a difference.”

“And you’re not having sex with any of the others? Maybe not hetero sex, but still ... As I said, if both of you are happy with that arrangement, I’m not going to stand in your way. I don’t think you’re actually looking for my approval, but I don’t have a problem with you spending some nights with him. How about Megan; have you talked about it with her?”

“Oh yes, she’s quite comfortable with it. Now, don’t let her know that I told you, but she will also ask you about her spending the odd night with Greg, too. It’s not that either of us are trying to replace you in our lives, but ... maybe a little bit of variety, something different.”

“Anyway, when Megan asks me about it; I’ll say pretty much the same to her; without letting her know that you’ve warned me. But that’s how our relationship is meant to work; we can do whatever we want, provided we don’t hurt anyone.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.