08 Together - Cover

08 Together

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 116

Flashback – Masha and Louise – Furniture shopping

With Louise wanting to know all the details of what I did to the долбо еб and the bartender, we talked far beyond our normal bedtime. We also had a bit too much celebratory wine and now I was awakened by someone ringing the doorbell. I looked at our bedside clock and swore, “Tвою мать, Louise wake up! Michael is here to take us furniture shopping.”

Louise swore, “Son of a bitch, we overslept!”

I took control and said, “Louise, you get up and get Linda ready. I will let Michael in the living room and apologize to him.”

Louise went with Linda for the bathroom while I threw on my robe, went to the front door, verified it was Michael, opened the door and apologized, “Sorry Michael, we were up late last night and overslept. Please come in and wait in the living room. We will only be a few minutes.”

Michael gave me a funny look and replied, “No problem, we’ve got the truck all day.”

He came in, took a seat on the couch and I further apologized, “Sorry we don’t even have any hot water so I can’t make you any coffee.”

He smiled and said, “Again no problem, take your time.”

I dashed back to the bedroom and found Louise was out of the bathroom. I ran in, took a look at myself in the mirror and knew why Michael gave me a funny look. My hair and face were a terrible mess, I had huge bags under my eyes, and I won’t even discuss my hair. That was what I got for going to bed with wet hair after my shower last night (there was no way I was going to bed smelling of that terrible bar).

I quickly fixed my hair, put a little makeup on my face and of course added lipstick. I came out of the bathroom and Louise remarked, “Masha I still don’t know how you do it: You’re a wreck when you go into the bathroom and look great when you come out.”

I replied, “I may look great but my stomach bothers me and we don’t have time to make breakfast.”

Louise suggested, “Masha, there are a few fast food breakfasts that aren’t too bad.”

I sighed, “I guess I will just have to brave it and try one.” Then I continue, “But only this one time.”

Louise smiled at me and said, “Who knows, you might even like it.”

We were finally ready, walked into the living room and Louise asked, “Michael, can we stop somewhere for some breakfast?”

Michael gave us a shocked look and said, “I didn’t think you ate anywhere but home.”

I confessed, “Today I don’t have the time to cook breakfast and Louise has assured me that there are some meals at some few places which are edible.”

Michael laughed, “Masha they are all edible, the question is do they meet your very high standards.”

Louise saved me, “Michael, it wouldn’t hurt you to watch what you eat a little more. After seeing how totally terrible Tina was, it made a believer of me about trying to cut out most if not all of the sugar from our diets.”

I reinforced, “What was even worse were her diapers, they were toxic.”

Michael grimaced, “Those are the last things I want to talk about while planning breakfast. Let’s get going.”

We all climbed into the truck. It was one of those with a backseat so Louise put Linda’s baby seat in the back, made sure it was secure and I climbed in beside Linda. Louise sat in the front and bragged, “My badassed Auntie Masha kicked some serious rear last night.”

I had hoped that Louise wasn’t going to say anything about it but Michael said, “Yeah, I know all about it.”

Louise asked, “How do you know?”

Michael said, “It was front page in this morning’s paper. Their main story was about how the person they are calling the ‘mysterious female avenger’ assisted the police with the capture of a rapist and accomplice and implied it was the same woman that who took down the bus gang. I recognized Masha from the picture.”

I swore, “Tвою мать, I hope they didn’t show my outfit.”

Michael said, “Don’t worry, it was a picture of your face in the patrol car.”

I felt better because I didn’t want anyone to see me in those terrible clothes.

Michael continued, “I guess you really roughed up those rapists since they are still in the hospital for their injuries. They both had broken noses, one guy had a broken arm and the other had a broken leg.”

Louise cheered, “That’s my badassed Auntie Masha that did that!”

I stated, “They had it coming because they tried to drug me and rape me in the back room.”

Michael said, “Yeah that’s exactly what the newspaper said. Not only that, they apparently told the police about many of the other rapists who worked with them and the police already have them in custody. I guess it was a whole ring of perverts who got off on drugging and raping women.”

We pulled into the parking lot of a fast food place and Louise said, “Masha, I know some items which are especially good here so let me order.”

She ordered for us and Michael ordered for himself.

We drove up to the window on the side of the building. The young girl handed the bags of food to Michael but then she looked in the back, saw me and said, “Hey everyone, the ‘mysterious female avenger’ is in the back seat of this truck.”

I was shocked when the fast food restaurant door flew open and many women ran outside to the side of the truck that Linda’s car seat was on. They scared Linda and she began to cry. Michael rolled down the window and said, “Please move and let me park the truck.”

They moved away from the truck and Michael drove the truck to a parking place. Louise said, “Masha, you need to get out and talk with these women.”

I said, with exasperation, “Louise, can’t you please talk with them for me.”

Louise simply said, “Masha, you’re the hero, not me.”

I reluctantly got out of the back of the truck while the women began to clap. Some approached me and said, “Those men raped me! I want to thank you for helping the police to capture them.” I was shocked when they hugged me and cried.

I said, “I’m sorry but I need to eat my breakfast and we need to be going.”

I got back into the truck and asked, “Michael can you please leave?”

Michael answered, “No problem.” We left the fast food restaurant and I thought the ordeal was over. I should have known better...

Flashback – Ben and Jack – At the hospital

With my rifle clean, and half of the sniper squad’s rifles cleaned and inspected I ordered, “Okay the rest of you clean your rifles.”

I watched to make sure they were doing it correctly, looked at Jack and said, “Well, it’s time for me to get on the horn to Colonel Maggie and tell her about the mission I’m planning.”

Jack cautioned, “Banzai, don’t push her too hard, you know how she gets.”

I laughed and said, “Jack we both know that I’m holding all the cards here so I can do whatever I want and she really can’t do shit.”

Jack followed me into the com room where George was getting his ass chewed again by Colonel Maggie about my reenlistment papers.

I loudly laughed, “Now that’s music to my ears.”

George turned and motioned for me to shut up. I yelled, “If that’s Colonel Maggie, I want to talk to her.”

George handed the mic to me and Colonel Maggie said, “Good to talk to you soon to be former Sgt. Blaine...”

I stopped her before she got going, “ ... Sir, I plan on signing my reenlistment papers but there is one additional agreement I want from you.”

Colonel Maggie knew better than to give me too much shit, but she reminded me, “Sgt. Blaine, we met all your requests and now you want something else?”

I replied, “Yes Sir I do. It’s come to my attention that the Taliban captured a large group of Christians and they actively rape them on a daily basis. I would like permission to go on a mission to rescue as many of them as possible.”

The radio was silent for a short time and Colonel Maggie asked, “Don’t tell me Lieutenant George provided this information to you?”

I replied, “Yes Sir it was the Lieutenant who informed me and I have since told all the men.”

George began to swear, “Son of a bitch! I ordered you not to tell anyone.”

I continued, “Sir, it was tearing the men up having to shoot the children. In my opinion, keeping this information from the troops was doing more damage than good.”

Colonel Maggie asked, “Sgt. Blaine what if you get caught?”

I chuckled and replied, “Jack already asked me that question but we both know the likelihood of that happening is very slim. If it does happen or if I get killed, my will is in order. I know Sir that you don’t like the sound of this mission. However, I’m going to do it whether you agree to it or not, so I’m giving you the chance to help me save some lives.”

Once again the radio was quiet for a period of time. Finally Colonel Maggie said, “Sgt. I don’t like being forced to do anything and I’m tempted to let your enlistment expire...”

I took a chance and interrupted her, “ ... Sir, it won’t matter to me. I’m going to do this mission with the support of the Marines or without it.”

Things got quiet again and I waited until finally Colonel Maggie said, “Well hell! We sure don’t want you to do this without the Marines. Sgt. Blaine, I think this is one of the more harebrained missions I’ve ever heard of but if anyone can pull it off, you can. I suppose you want this in writing.”

I replied, “No Sir, you’re word is good enough for me.”

Colonel Maggie said, “Sgt. Blaine you have my word, but if you get killed, I’m going to send your carcass to Thule.”

We all laughed and Colonel Maggie ordered, “Sgt. Blaine, let me talk to the Lieutenant again.”

I handed the mic to Lieutenant George, looked at Jack and said, “I’m going to catch some shuteye.”

Jack said...

I needed to get the papers signed so I said, “Banzai, do me a favor and sign the papers first.”

He smiled and said, “Sure, where are they.”

I took a folder out of my pack, handed it to Banzai along with a pen, he signed the papers and I said, “Damn Banzai, I hope like hell you come back from this mission.”

He smiled at me and said, “If I don’t come back, I left it all to you and Masha. Now don’t do something stupid with it.”

I swore, “Hell Banzai why would you do that?”

Banzai said, “Shit Jack, you and Masha are more family to me than I’ve ever had so of course it’s going to you. Now listen, if I don’t come back, get Colonel Maggie to give you a hardship discharge, get back to Masha and remember me occasionally when you have a bourbon.”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.