08 Together
Chapter 99

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Present – Jens, Ben and others – The trip

The twins no sooner finish talking with Alexi when Gretchen says, “Jens, Liz wants to talk to you.”

I ask Liz, “How are you feeling mother-to-be?”

Liz frantically replies, “Jens I’m ... I’m ... I’m going a little crazy because Bernie has our wedding setup for three days from now.”

I congratulate her, “Liz, that’s great news, I’m impressed that Bernie did everything himself.”

Liz confesses, “Well, he did hire a wedding planner but there’s a huge problem.”

I reply, “It doesn’t sound like there’s any problem to me.”

Liz blurts out, “Jens, I want you for my maid of honor.”

Ben hears Liz’s request, walks closer and says, “Liz, that’s not a problem and we will both be at your wedding.”

I look at Ben like he’s crazy and ask, “Ben, are you sure about this?”

Ben affirms, “Hell yes, I’ve made up my mind! I’m tired of running and hiding from these fucking terrorists as if we’re afraid of them. We’re going to take the fight to them.”

Then he cautions, “Liz, this means that both Jens and I will be carrying at the wedding.”

Liz yells, “Yippee! Thanks Jens, I knew I could count on you.”

Liz disconnects then Mira and Ira come over and Ira states her dismay, “Mr. Blaine, I expected more logical thought from you.”

Ben holds up his hands, which silences the twins and declares, “I don’t want any arguments from either of you. I’m embarrassed as hell that we ran in the first place and I’m done with it. If you don’t want to continue to be our body guards, I will understand.”

Mira starts, “Mr. Blaine, we have no desire...”

Ira continues, “ ... to terminate our position as your body guards. In fact, you will need us more than ever now.”

Mira continues, “We will however provide security at Ms. Morgan’s wedding.”

Ben says, “Great, I was hoping you wouldn’t change your minds.”

Ben grabs the mic for the cab and orders, “Turn this rig around - we’re headed back to our land in Leadville.”

Johnny asks, “Are you sure about this?”

Ben states, “Damn sure! I’m tired of running from the terrorists so I’m going to take the fight to them.”

We get another call on the communications system - this time it’s Bernie.

Bernie says, “Well, I’m not sure how to ask this.”

I tell him, “Well, just spit it out.”

Bernie asks, “If Ben’s still there I was wondering if he would consider being my best man.”

Ben replies, “No problem Bernie as long as I can wear my dress blues like I did at my wedding.”

Bernie says, “Thanks Ben and your Marine uniform will be fine.”

Present – Thom – Heading back to the tunnels

I feel that my meeting with Inga went well but it ended a little more physically than I anticipated. The kiss she gave me still lingered on my lips. I was thinking about it when my phone rang, I looked at it and asked, “Is something wrong?”

Johnny replied, “I’m giving you notice that we’re headed back to Leadville.”

I yell into the phone, “What the hell is going on?”

Johnny replies, “Ben said he’s tired of running from the terrorists and is going to take the fight to them.”

I swear, “Son of a bitch! All our plans just went to hell! Let me get to the tunnels, contact them and try to talk them out of this foolishness. Until then continue in the direction your traveling.”

I floor it and my Crown Victoria leaps like it remembers its days as a State Patrol car.

I make it to the cabin in record time, pull into the garage. I storm into the tunnels, march into the control room and order, “I want to talk to the trailer immediately.”

Gretchen says, “No problem Thom, but you could ask nicer.”

I apologize, “Sorry, I heard a rumor that Ben and Jennifer are headed back to Leadville.”

Gretchen smiles and says, “Yes it’s true, isn’t that great news?”

I frown and reply, “Well, they might have signed their death certificates.”

Gretchen says, “Here you go Thom, the connection is established.”

I ask, “Is it true that I hear you guys are heading back to Leadville?”

Ben replies, “That’s right Thom. It’s not that we don’t appreciate all you’ve done for us, hell this trailer is better than living in the tunnels and we might continue to use it at the cabin if you don’t mind. Thom, I killed these fucking terrorists in more than two countries so it doesn’t make sense for me to run from them in my own country. I’d rather die with my guns on than run from these worthless fuckers like a coward. We’re coming back and that’s settled.”

I ask, “Is Jennifer more sensible about this?”

Jennifer answers, “Thom, I totally support my husband on this decision.”

I can’t believe what I am hearing! I am flabbergasted and ask, “What about your body guards?”

Ira states, “Thom, we realize this upsets your plan, however we assess that the elimination of the terrorists is a superior plan to that of running from them.”

Mira concurs, “Yes Thom, while it will greatly increase the difficulty of our jobs, we relish the opportunity to totally terminate all the terrorists so life might assume normality.”

Ben then says, “Thom, I ordered our drivers to turn around but they have yet to execute that order. If you try to keep me from coming back, we will vacate the trailer, buy a car and drive back ourselves.”

I confess, “Yes Ben I did block your order. I will call the drivers and tell them to return. However I’m not taking responsibility for this foolish act.”

Ben counters, “Thom don’t get your panties in a bunch...”

Jennifer interrupts, “ ... Yeah Thom, that’s my job.”

The twins even comment, “And of course our jobs.”

Ben swears, “Son of a bitch, let me finish you three. Of course this isn’t your responsibility, it’s a joint decision from the four of us and whatever happens, happens.”

I leave them with one final caution, “I hope that what happens isn’t the case where shit happens.”

The fucking four of them laugh and I worry like hell!

Present – Jens, Ben and others – The trip home

I look at Ben, bite my lip and say, “I think we really got Thom angry.”

Ira supports me, “Yes Mr. Blaine, I would say that he is extremely agitated at us.”

Ben smiles at the three of us and says, “The only time I ran from these fuckers, was when I got this.” He held up his arm so we could see the incisions in it as he continues, “I don’t give a flying fuck at a rolling donut if Thom is pissed at us. This is my decision and this is what we’re doing. Again if any of you want out of this you’re free to go.”

I hug my man and affirm, “Ben, I’m sure as heck not going anywhere.”

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.