08 Together
Chapter 71

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Present – Bernie and Liz – Later that night after Sam’s report

Wow, I never realized that Liz felt so threatened by Samantha. Hell, I always thought that she was sort of like the kid sister Liz never had. Now I feel like I am in the middle of a mine field with very little chance of escape. I try my best to put a good spin on things when I say, “Come on Liz, if Sam has updated her look then it’s even better for the station.”

Liz looks at me and replies, “Bernie we need to go to Denver tomorrow and go shopping because I need some maternity clothes that won’t make me look like a cow.”

I know better to say anything else so I reply, “Liz, that’s a great idea.”

Present – Ben – Solving the problem

The one thing about Colfax Ave. in Denver is that there is no shortage of places to stay, even if most of them catered to prostitutes. I pulled into one of the many ‘no tell motels’ and ordered, “Everyone stay in the fucking truck. I’m going to check the rooms to make sure they aren’t infested with bed bugs.”

I head into the front desk, notice the desk clerk ogling room cameras, turn around and immediately march back to the truck. I climb inside, start her up and Yasmeen asks, “What was wrong with this place?”

I shook my head and said, “The fuckers had hidden cameras in the rooms.”

We drive a short way further when Mira points and asks, “Ben my love, how about there?”

I bark at her, “Mira, I’m sure as hell not your love so get that through your hormone addled brain.” I continue, “However I do think this one might work. Again, stay in the truck and I will check it out.”

We had lucked into what was probably the only chain hotel on all of Colfax Ave. I walk into the lobby, the concierge smiles at me and asks, “How may we help you today?”

I return the smile and request, “I was hoping to rent some rooms.” I did some quick math and continued, “Do you have four rooms available?”

She replies, “You’re lucky because we have a large group checking out this afternoon.”

I answer, “That’s great. Let me pay you for the rooms now. What time will they be available?”

She begins to get my particulars, and says, “Come back about three and they will be ready for you.”

I ask, “Is there a Ross or similar clothing store around here?”

She gives me excellent directions for the store then I return to the truck and tell them, “Our rooms will be ready at three, so until then we need to get some clothes for you to wear.”

Mira, Ira and Yasmeen all complain, “Ben, we can’t go into a store dressed like this.”

Shit! I hadn’t thought of that but they were right - not only did they look like refugees, they smelled even worse. I thought for a moment and decided, “You’re right, I will go into the store and get clothes for you.”

Yasmeen reminds me, “Ben, if we change into our new clothes before we shower, we will get them dirty.”

I say, “Okay, change of plans. I will get the clothes and you can wait to change until after we’re back at the hotel.”

Yasmeen continues pestering me, “Ben, I also need some feminine products.” Ira interjects, “Yes Ben, I also need some products to remove the filth left inside my orifices.”

I put my foot down, “There’s no fucking way I’m buying that shit for you. Once you’re cleaned up, I will take you to a store and you can buy it yourself.”

I drive to the clothing store, stop the truck and again order, “Don’t fucking leave the truck!”

I grab whatever I can that I figure will fit them, pay what seems to be an exorbitant sum of money, grab one more thing that I know will help, head back to the truck and thank God everyone is still there.

I check my watch and see that it’s close enough to three that I can head back to the hotel...

Present – Thom – At the warehouse

So far my plan is working great! With Maria tied up with their brat and Linus busy with helping her, I figure I might be able to come up with a sweet arrangement of working for Jennifer. My fight with Stacy ‘The Bitch’ Summers went a long way in establishing me in Jennifer’s good stead. Now all I needed to do is come up with a way for us to hunt for Ben. I ponder the idea and come up with a hell of a solution.

I walk over to Jennifer but since she’s on the phone, I wait until she’s finished and announce, “I’ve solved our transportation problems.”

Jennifer gives me a questioning look and asks, “How did you do that?”

I smile at her and reply, “Well, one of the choppers out there is a TSIFFTS chopper, so we simply reallocate it to finding Ben.”

Jennifer jumps up and down for joy and says, “That’s great because Gretchen finally found a potential location for Ben. Let’s go!”

Linus calms her down by saying, “Jens, we can’t be leaving until we check with Sheriff Jim.”

Jennifer orders, “Linus, you go take care of that. Thom, please go talk with the chopper crew.”

Present – Jens – At the warehouse

I can’t believe our incredible luck! Gretchen got the general location of Ben’s truck from the traffic light cameras then Thom (the old fart) figured out we could use the TSIFFTS chopper and Linus is going to clear leaving with the Sheriff. When I do find Ben again, I have a plan that he won’t be able to refuse...

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.