08 Together
Chapter 59

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Present – Jens, Thom and Inga – Thom's room

Inga approaches me after the meeting and attempts to give me some comfort, "Jennifer, I just wanted to tell you that you made an honest mistake with Ben. Any woman presented with identical information would have done the same thing."

I frown at her and reply, "Inga, thanks for trying to make me feel better, but it wasn't an honest mistake - it was a fricken-fracken stupid mistake. When Ben swore it wasn't his baby, I had a chance to make our relationship better by believing him. Instead I let jealousy rule me and called him a liar. Ben's gone again and now I'm paying the price."

Inga continues, "Jennifer, I disagree with you. I know I would have done the exact same thing..."

I interrupt her, " ... Inga we're wasting time beating a dead horse. Let's go and see if Thom will get the TSIFFTS helping."

We head toward Thom's room and I ask, "So, what's going on with you and Thom?"

Inga pouts and exclaims, "Nothing!"

I continue this line of questioning, "Why not?"

Inga continues with the pout and proclaims, "Jennifer, he is the most frustrating man I have ever known. I have done everything short of tying him up and attacking him but he still isn't interested in me."

I relay to Inga how long that I pursued Ben until we finally got married. Inga surprised me when she says, "Jennifer, I don't think I want to marry Thom, I just want to have sex with him."

That shocks me a little and unfortunately I ask, "Seeing that Thom has a friend with benefits in most truck stops that the TSIFFTS uses, I wouldn't think he would have a problem with that."

Inga confuses me when she begins to cry, "Jennifer that's the big problem, he wants them and not me."

We duck into one of the side rooms. I hug her and it's my turn to try to give comfort (even though I lie), "Inga I'm sure that sooner or later if you keep after him, you will get your way."

Thank God she stops crying, hugs me tighter and disgusts me when she says, "I hope your right because it's been forever since I've had sex and I'm horny as hell!"

I don't know what to say so I change the subject, "Well, let's go talk to Thom."

We reach his room, knock on the door and he yells, "Who the fuck is there and what in the hell do you want?"

I throw the door open, barge in, get ready to complain when I quickly cover my eyes and Inga cries...

Hells Bells, can't a guy get any privacy around here? I was bumping nasties with Susan (a female security guard) when Jennifer and Inga burst into the room and interrupt us.

Susan quickly rolls off the side of the bed away from the door to hide and I complain, "I didn't say you could enter my room."

Jennifer replies, "Thom, you should have locked your door."

Inga swears, "Thom, I ... I ... I don't believe you." Then she runs out of the room.

Susan somehow slips into her clothes, stands up and says, "Sorry Ms. Blaine this won't happen again." She glares at me and also leaves the room.

Jennifer also glares at me then complains, "Thom, how could you be so cold hearted? You have a wonderful woman that practically worships the ground you walk on, and you do this to her."

I question the obvious, "Do you mean Inga?"

Jennifer insults me, "Of course I mean Inga you hard headed idiot! Why in the fricken-fracken heck do you continue to torture her?"

As I begin to get out of bed to get into my clothes, Jennifer turns away and I say, "Hell, Inga's the one that's torturing me with her constant flirting. I am sorry about Susan and I hope you don't hold this against her. But a man can only take so much teasing then he has to release it somehow. Now, what did you want?"

Jennifer says, "I was hoping you could get the TSIFFTS to start looking for Ben's truck."

I complain, "Hell, if that's all you wanted..."

Jennifer interrupts, " ... Yes it is and it's very important to me so get it done quickly."

She leaves my room and I figure I had better find Inga and smooth things over with her...

Present – Liz and Bernie – good and bad news

I'm cuddling with Bernie in our room and remark, "I'm glad that we went to the gynecologist with Jens today."

Bernie affirms, "Yeah Liz, I agree. It was good to hear that everything looks fine for our baby. However, it's going to be hard to not have sex with you until after the baby is born."

Yeah, that was the bad news. The gynecologist said it wouldn't be wise to continue having sex. I hated it because Bernie and I were so good at having sex.

I smile at Bernie and suggest, "Honey, there are things we can do other than having sex that are just as fulfilling."

Bernie complains...

It upset me when the gynecologist said we should stop having sex until after the baby was born. He was concerned that with Liz's age and previous inability to become pregnant, sex might cause her to go into labor.

I reply, "Yeah, there are and I'm sure we will do all those things. However, I'm going to miss the closeness I feel with you when we're making love."

Liz begins to kiss me and then she ... Well, I don't kiss and tell!!!

Present – Samantha and Stacy – coming home from NYC

I can't believe the nice clothes that we bought and how much money Stacy spent. I'm beginning to feel really bad about all the money that she's spending on me. I have of course questioned her motives, but so far she's had no ulterior motives. We're back on her jet headed toward Leadville and Stacy asks, "Sam, why are you still wearing your old clothes?"

I tug at my sleeve and reply, "Stacy these are comfortable for me, besides I might get my new clothes dirty."

Stacy laughs, "Sam, I bought you new clothes because you really needed to update your image on the Truth Network. I was surprised that Liz let you get away wearing those old clothes for so long."

I reflect some on her comment and reply, "Liz never suggested I wear anything other than..."

Stacy interrupts, " ... Sam, that's because Liz is threatened by you. You have to remember she's also a reporter."

I frown at Stacy and say, "Stacy, I'm not really sure about your analysis of Liz's motives. Why would she not care what I wore?"

Stacy leans close and says...

I love Samantha like a little sister and even though she's a reporter, she hasn't had much experience dealing with the competitive side of other women. It's extremely obvious to me that Liz wanted Samantha to appear less professional than she, so she didn't make the suggestions for Sam to improve her wardrobe. I lean close to Sam and answer, "Sam, Liz let you wear your old wardrobe so that you would appear less professional than her. It was her way of making sure she was the 'top dog' reporter."

Sam slightly retaliates, "Stacy, I can't believe that Liz would do that to me."

I challenge, "Okay Sam, I will prove it to you. Watch what happens to your ratings after the first report you do in your new wardrobe. I will bet you they will shoot through the roof."

Sam doubts me, "Yeah right! If they do that I will ... well, I don't know what I will do."

I smile at Sam and suggest, "I tell you what: If I'm right then you draw up the plans for my new offices at the top of the hill."

Sam returns my smile and says, "Hell Stacy, with all you've done for me, that's the least I can do for you. What do you say we begin on them now - just give me your ideas."

Sam pulls out another yellow legal pad, a ruler, a new number two pencil and we get to work.

Present – Bill – taking care of business

John finishes all he can do in Ms. Steven's 'castle' so I ask, "John, how would you feel about starting on cleaning up the building at the top of the hill."

John thinks and responds, "You mean the old smelter building?"

I affirm, "That's the one. Since we're reopening the brewery, we're moving our offices to that building."

John looks at the floor, kicks at something imaginary and refuses, "Bill, you know we love the work from you however I'm going to turn this down because of the building - it's a toxic mess and I won't expose my men to that."

I didn't figure he would so I quickly fix the situation, "John don't worry about it - I understand. We will use government funds to get a hazmat crew in to remove the toxic waste..."

John smiles at me and interrupts, " ... Bill, if they can certify the building free of toxic waste, we will be happy to clean up the rest of it."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.