08 Together - Cover

08 Together

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 53

Present – Liz and Jens – Jens arrival

We had a great team meeting last night (if you didn't include everyone congratulating me and then of course asking where Bernie was). Finally I had my fill of it and yelled at everyone to mind their own fucking business! They looked shocked so of course then I had to apologize.

I told everyone about the nasty trick Mira played on Glen and how Glen called Jens and Jens threw Ben out. Glen, who was at the meeting, apologized profusely and promised to make things right. The general consensus was that Mira planned this during her time at the cabin which pissed everyone off and we decided to do something about it.

Glen then told us about the crime scene at the abandoned building and how he was sure that Mira, Ira, Alexi and Safia had been abducted. He started to get a bit too graphic and we asked him to keep the rest of the information to himself. Glen mentioned that the CBI had contacted the FBI and there was going to be a nationwide hunt for them.

Gretchen told us the computers were acting a little strange so she was shutting them down today to run diagnostics. Of course, this meant access to the tunnels would be controlled by the security team.

I looked at my watch and knew Jens should be arriving any time. I was nervous as hell and wasn't sure what to say to her. I decided it would be better to meet her outside, so I exited the tunnels and paced as I waited for her.

A vehicle I hadn't seen before drove up and, Oh Hell No! It's my estranged fiancé, Bernie and this is the worst possible time for him to arrive. He stops the SUV, gets out of it holding a huge bouquet of roses, walks over to me and says, "Liz, I'm sorry as hell about the fight. Please forgive me!"

For a moment I consider throwing the roses on the ground and stomping on them. But I do love Bernie, even though he is sometimes an idiot and makes mistakes. But then most men suffer from those problems.

I recognize the hope in his eyes so I smile at him and reply, "Thanks for the roses, this will go part of the way of fixing the problems. But do you know what will completely fix the problem?"

Bernie returns my smile and offers, "Yes Liz I know. I brought my luggage in our new Jeep and I will be staying in the tunnels with you on one condition."

I frown and threaten, "Bernie, I don't think you're in any position to set the conditions." Then I remember what he said and ask, "Did you say our Jeep?"

Bernie says, "Liz, please listen to my condition before you get upset. All I want to do is make sure we get out of the tunnels for at least an hour walk each day. And yes I did say our Jeep - I went to Denver and bought it yesterday. Then I packed up all the things from the hotel, including your new wedding dress and came here."

I run to Bernie and hug him. He hugs me so hard it hurts. In the midst of our embrace, we don't hear another car drive up.

We are interrupted when we heard, "Geez you two, get a fricken hotel room!"

I pull away, look over and Jens is here. I drag Bernie by the hand to meet her, hug her and ask, "How are you doing?"

I see her fight back tears as she says, "Liz I'm really sick, all I want to do is eat something and go to sleep."

Bernie says, "Liz go with Jens, I will take care of everything else."

Jens looks at the cabin and says, "Those fricking girls are going to pay for this."

I try to comfort her, "Jens they're gone and you need to concentrate on more important things..."

Jens interrupts, " ... Yeah like finding and killing Miranda. Liz how could you have those two working for you?"

I take Jens' hand, we walk toward the garage and I tell her, "Jens, according to your father, someone might have beaten you to that. It looks like they were abducted."

Jens spits, "Good I hope they get what they deserve ... Wait, Daddy is here?"

I answer, "Yes, he showed up last night with the information about the twins."

We reach the garage, Jens sees the security guards and asks, "What's going on? Is something wrong with the computer system?"

I tell her, "Don't worry about it, Gretchen is taking care of it."

We head to the dining hall, Mabel comes out, hugs Jens and says, "Sit down and let me get you some food."

We sit down, Mabel brings out two big plates of food, sets one in front of Jens, the other in front of me and orders, "Liz, you need to eat better now that you're eating for two."

Jens drops her fork, looks at me and remarks, "Liz why didn't you tell me you're preggers? Geez, I guess when I fixed you I really fixed you! This is great news!"

I smile at Jens and say, "I was going to tell you, but I didn't want you to be upset."

Jens swears, "Liz, what in the fricken-fracken heck were you thinking! This is more important than anything other than finding Ben. So how far along are you?"

I smile and answer, "Jens we don't know, we just found out the other day and I haven't been to a gynecologist yet."

Jens orders, "Well that's the first thing we need to do tomorrow. But right now I'm tired and need to try to sleep."

We thank Mabel for the food and I walk with her toward her room. We get to her room, open her door, walk in and Jens complains as I almost lose the breakfast Mabel gave me, "What in the heck is that terrible smell?"

I step outside the room to catch my breath and hear Jens swear, "Those beotchs! One of them took a dump on my pillow and not only that, they stole my picture of Ben! Now I'm really pissed off! I will terminate then with the most extreme prejudice."

I look back into the room and sure enough, there's a huge turd on Jens pillow. I suggest, "Jens there's lots of extra rooms, why don't you take one of them for the night until we get your room cleaned."

Jens breaks down begins to cry. I bravely hold my breath, head back into her room and lead her to a different empty room.

I tuck her in and say, "Jens try to get some sleep, it will all be better when you wake up."

Jens asks, "Liz, do you have one of your sleeping pills?"

I hadn't taken any for a long time other than ... Shit! I forgot about being preggers and took one last night when Bernie wasn't here. One more fucking thing I need to talk to a gynecologist about. I say, "Jens, let me go and get one of them for you."

I head to my room, which is adjacent to Jens', see that Bernie has already brought his suitcase and the fucking mannequin with the wedding dress into our room and I decide I deserve it. I practically laugh when I see the mannequin faced towards the wall. Bernie us such a kidder.

I get a sleeping pill for Jens, go back to her room, carefully open the door and see that she's already sleeping. It's good because the pills can leave you groggy as hell.

I leave to go find Bernie to see how 'sorry' he is...

Present – Bernie – at the cabin

I could have been a real ass about Liz' ultimatum to me, just like she was to me. But I decide to 'take one' for the relationship because I know Liz and in the long run, it will pay off. So I swallowed my pride and came to live in the tunnels, even though I hated them. I was talking to Mabel when Liz comes up and says, "Bernie, I wondered where you were. I hope you know I'm the only one here eating for two."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.