08 Together - Cover

08 Together

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Chapter 48

Flashback – Ben and Jack – The trip to hell ... at the hospital.

I informed the Captain of the piece of metal stuck in Jack's ass. The Captain glanced at it and ordered, "Hell, pull it out, slap a Band-Aid on his ass and get both your asses to the roof."

I glared at the Captain and complained, "Sir! That is not the recommended treatment for this type of injury."

The Captain challenged my statement, "Sgt. Blaine, since when did you become a medic?"

I should have known better (and I DID know better), but I couldn't resist so I said, "Sir! I'm the closest person to a medic you have here. I even have a UOP1 to prove it." I should have stopped digging myself in but I added, "And it was you that didn't deem a medic was necessary on this mission."

1UOP – Unit One Pack – a basic medic's kit defined earlier

The Captain glared at me while I waited for the rebuff but Jack interrupted, "Shit Banzai, don't have a fucking cow."

The old fart reached back, ignored my previous warning about pulling out the shrapnel, yanked it out of his ass and – hells bells – fucking blood began to spray out of the wound!

I jumped to Jack's side and scolded him, "Jack, that piece of shrapnel nicked an artery!" I began to put pressure on the wound, glared at the Captain and swore, "I hope you're fucking happy! We're not going anywhere until I take care of this bleeder! And if you don't fucking like it then I suggest you take it up with Colonel Maggie."

The Captain ordered the remainder of his team to the roof. The Butterbar came over beside me and asked, "Sgt. Blaine, can I help?"

I looked at him and couldn't quite believe that a Butterbar was actually asking so I decided to test it and said, "Yes Sir! If you could keep pressure on Jack's wound, I will prepare for the field surgery he needs."

The Butterbar wisely asked, "Sgt. Blaine are you certain..."

I interrupted, "Sorry Sir! But yes I am certain that Jack needs the bleeder fixed and we can't afford to wait and see if the Captain requests a corpsman."

The Butterbar said, "I understand Sgt. Let me assist you."

The Captain came over and complained, "Lieutenant, what are you doing? Get your ass on the roof to help with the over watch."

I was again impressed because the Lieutenant held his ground and answered, "Sir! I am providing support to Sgt. Blaine and Sgt. Reynolds as ordered by your commanding officer Colonel Maggie. If you have an issue with this order I suggest you take it up with her when you get back."

The Captain wisely backed down and ordered, "Lieutenant, that won't be necessary, continue with your current actions."

The Captain left, I grinned at the Lieutenant and said, "Thanks, I can use the help since I haven't done this procedure before."

Jack complained like hell...

Flashback – Masha – A rude introduction to America the next day

I answered the phone (which always frightened me when it rang) and heard, "Is this Ms. Reynolds?"

I responded, "That would depend on who is calling."

The policeman identified himself, "I am the police officer from last night. I am calling to let you know the girls who attacked you on the bus last night have been released on bail."

I requested clarification, "Sir! I do not understand, 'released on bail'."

He replied, "Ms. Reynolds, it means that someone provided the money for them to get out of jail. In exchange for the bail the teens promise they will show up when a hearing is scheduled. If they fail to attend the hearing the bond will be revoked, the money will be forfeited, and a warrant for the girls arrest will be issued. I am telling you in case you need to – well prepare for protective matters."

I hoped for a negative response and asked, "Sir, would the girls know where I live?"

I received additional bad new when he answered, "Sorry Ms. Reynolds, but the lawyer who secured their release had that information and I am certain he gave it to them."

He paused and offered, "I could send a car to your house."

I said, "Sir! That will not be necessary. I could not trust them to protect me therefore I will protect myself."

The policeman cautioned, "Ms. Reynolds just remember they have to present imminent danger. I do not want you to get into trouble."

I asked for clarification, "Would imminent danger be any attempt to forcefully enter my domicile?"

The policeman concurred, "Yes Ms. Reynolds that is correct. But do make sure they are trying to enter your house."

I thanked him, "Officer, I appreciate your call. Should I call you to retrieve the corpses in the aftermath of their attempt to invade my domicile?"

The officer said, "No Ma'am, if they show up, call 911 first."

He hung up the phone then I went to Jack's gun safe and prepared for my own war...

Flashback – Jennifer and Glen – the next day

I couldn't fricken believe it, this entire morning was terrible! First I was rousted out of a great dream (naturally about Ben) then almost forced downstairs by Daniela before I could comfortably take care of my normal morning duties. Then Daddy once again called me a perfect fricken-fracken princess and Daniela even came to Daddy's defense. Now I had to go with Daddy to see the fracken shrink and only had ten minutes to shower and dress.

I made a decision: If I was going to be called a perfect fracken princess, then I was going to act like a perfect fracken princess. Daddy and everyone else could just wait for me.

I was enjoying a long hot shower until Daddy banged on the door to my bathroom and ordered, "Jennifer, we need to leave or we will be late."

I sarcastically yelled back, "Sorry Daddy, but we're going to be late. This perfect princess isn't close to being ready to leave yet. I need at least another thirty minutes."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.