08 Together
Chapter 46

Copyright© 2015 by Banzai Ben

Flashback – Jack and Ben – The trip to hell ... at the hospital.

We were hauling ass to the roof after Banzai practically ruined everything by letting the Captain overhear his comment about my back, opened the roof access door and all hell broke loose. I swore, "Shit! We should have known that the Captain hadn't cleared the roof."

Banzai slammed the door and said, "Grenade."

We both dove to the floor as the roof access door was shredded. I yelled, "Grenade my ass - that was too big for a grenade!"

Banzai looked at me and shocked me when he said...

Jack was right it was more than a grenade, it was one of our fucking claymores the bastards threw at us and then detonated.

I looked at Jack and said, "Jack, you're bleeding!"

Jack said, "Where? I don't feel a fucking thing."

Banzai pointed to my back and complained, "Damn Jack, how many of those pain pills did you take? You have a fucking piece of metal from the door sticking out of your ass."

Jack began to squirm around and I ordered, "Jack, stay on your belly and lie still. You don't want to pull that out."

Gunfire masked Jack's reply as the fucking towelheads had moved to the now missing roof access door. I was pissed and decided to end this firefight in the biggest hurry I could manage. I pulled two grenades off my tactical vest, pulled the pins, popped the handles and tossed them through the opening in the roof. The roof erupted in screams and burning flesh. Jack swore, "Damn Banzai, what are you doing using incendiary grenades? Now the whole place smells like..."

I laughed and interrupted, " ... It smells like toasted camel jockeys."

The Captain and other Marines finally showed up and the Captain asked, "What the hell is going on? It smells like shit up here."

I stood up and answered, "You forgot to clear the roof and we about bought the farm..."

Jack interrupted, "It smells like shit because Banzai cooked up some lunch with his incendiary grenades."

The Captain complained, "Hell, now we have to live with this smell. Okay you two get your asses on the roof."

I pointed to Jack and said, "Sir, what are you going to do about the piece of metal sticking out of Jack's ass?"

I couldn't believe what the Captain said next...

Flashback – Masha – A rude introduction to America the next day

The alarm seemed to come extremely early this morning, perhaps because I did not sleep adequately last night. I knew Louise and Linda were coming today, so I forced myself out of bed and did my morning exercises while drinking a cup of very strong tea (I probably could have used some coffee, but I had never developed a taste for it - to me it tasted like dirty water). I took a shower and prepared myself for the day. I was apprehensive over telling Louise about last night, but I knew it was my duty.

Louise arrived at 5:45 so I opened the door and went out to help her with Linda. Louise started the conversation, "Did you watch the news this morning? Apparently some woman helped the police capture the gang which had been terrorizing the city buses. I didn't think there was anyone that could stop them, let alone a woman."

Thank God Louise couldn't see me blush! I was now even more apprehensive concerning telling Louise. I did not lie when I answered, "No, I did not have time today to listen to the news."

Louise continued with her praise, "Well, if you ask me this woman must be some sort of super hero, you know like Super Girl."

We walked into the house and I tried to downplay it, "I am sure she was terrified..."

Louise interrupted, "Nah, I don't think so because she kicked ass and took names..."

I began to cry and confessed, "Louise, I know that she was terrified, because I am the woman on the news."

Linda saw me crying so she began to cry. Louise rushed over to me (with Linda in her arms) hugged me and said, "Masha! Stop crying, I am so proud of you. Some of my friends on a different bus were attacked by those teenagers..."

I interrupted, " ... Louise, we need to discuss this because my foolishness could put Linda in danger. The police said the teenagers might come after me and if Linda was here..."

Louise put her finger over my lips to silence me and said, "Masha, if what the news report said is even half true, I feel even safer now with you taking care of Linda. By the way, do you think you could teach me how to do some of what you did?"

I am more than amazed! I am shocked and ask, "Are you sure you still want Linda to stay here?"

Louise hands Linda to me and confirms, "Hell yes! If you fought like that on a bus full of people you didn't even know, you'd kill anyone that threatened our Linda in your house."

I remarked on Louise's choice of words, "Our Linda? Louise what do you mean?"

Louis matter-of-factly said as she walked out the door, "Masha, you're sort of like the older sister I've always wanted so in my mind, you're Linda's Aunt. It's great to know my older sister is also a super hero. Oh by the way, don't bring Linda to the store today because we have a meeting over lunch. I can't wait to tell all the other girls at work that you are the super hero from the bus - they will be so jealous!"

With that Louise was gone. Linda smiled at me, made goo noises and pulled at my hair. I began to play with Linda and thought all day about what Louise had said. It was foreign to me to consider being an older sister to someone I had just met, let alone an aunt. However, I could not deny the warm feeling building in my chest.

We were in the middle of playing when the phone rang and scared both of us. I was concerned when I answered it and heard...

Flashback – Jennifer and Glen – the next day

There's a knock on the door which wakes me out of a great dream (of course it was about Ben and me!) I yawn and Daniela announced, "Ms. Jennifer it is time for breakfast, if you do not come down soon I will feed it to the dog."

I yelled my reply, "We don't have a dog!"

Daniela really motivated me when she laughed and said, "You are correct so I will have to feed it to your father."

I replied in a panic, "Don't you dare give Daddy my food. I will be right down after I take care of some necessary things."

Daniela added, "Ms. Jennifer, you have cinco minutos then your father gets your food."

If I could bring myself to really swear, I would have sworn at that! Instead I decided I needed to start setting my alarm. Yeah, this wasn't like when mother was here and I could sleep as late as I wanted, wake up, eat a bowl of cereal and then even go back to bed if I felt like it. I rushed into the bathroom, hurriedly took care of my business, splashed a little water on my face and ran downstairs right as Daniela was starting to put my food on Daddy's plate. I ordered, "Oh no you don't! I'm here and Daddy sure as heck doesn't need moooorrrreeee food."

Daniela and Daddy both laughed and Daddy said, "Gotcha my perfect Princess!

I stamped my foot and complained, "Dadddddyyyyyyy! I am neither perfect nor a princess!"

Daniela said, "I beg to differ Ms. Jennifer, to your father you are both perfecto and a princesa!"

I came up with an evil idea and ordered, "Welllll, if I am a princess then I want to be treated like one! I want my fricken breakfast in bed."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.