Jokes and Giggles
Chapter 162

Copyright© 2015 by Jack Spratt

A couple of swigs is all you need to make your day go better.

Why Our Great Grandparents Were So Happy...

Have you ever wondered why our great grandparents all had such fond memories of their youth?

Well ... I'm surprised they remembered anything at all!!!

Forget Tums & Tylenol ... Forget Aleve & Benedryl.

Look at the cool stuff they had back then!

A bottle of Bayer's 'Heroin'.

Between 1890 and 1910 heroin was sold as a non-addictive substitute for morphine.

It was also used to treat children suffering with a strong cough.

Coca Wine, anyone?

Metcalf's Coca Wine was one of a huge variety of wines with cocaine on the market.

Everybody used to say that it would make you happy and it would also work as a medicinal treatment.

Mariani Wine.

Mariani wine (1875) was the most famous

Coca wine of it's time. Pope Leo XIII used to carry one bottle with him all the time.

He awarded Angelo Mariani (the producer) with a Vatican gold medal.

Maltine


Produced by the Maltine Manufacturing Company of New York.

It was suggested that you should take a full glass with or after every meal. Children should only take half a glass.

A paperweight:

A paperweight promoting C.F. Boehringer & Soehne

( Mannheim, Germany ). They were proud of being the biggest producers in the world of products containing

Quinine and Cocaine.

Opium for Asthma:

At 40% alcohol plus 3 grams of opium per tablet. It didn't cure you ... but you didn't care!

Cocaine Tablets (1900).

All stage actors, singers, teachers and preachers had to have them for a maximum performance.

Great to 'smooth' the voice.

Cocaine drops for toothache.

Very popular for children in 1885. Not only did they relieve the pain, they made the children very happy!

Opium for newborns.

I'm sure this would make them sleep well.

(Not only the Opium, but also the 46% alcohol)

It's no wonder they were called, "The Good Old Days".

From cradle to grave ... everyone was STONED!

These are compliments of chuck ... with our thanks

A lady goes to the bar on a cruise ship and orders a Scotch with two drops of water. As the bartender gives her the drink she says,

'I'm on this cruise to celebrate my 80th birthday and it's today... '

The bartender says, 'Well, since it's your birthday, I'll buy you a drink. In fact, this one is on me.'

As the woman finishes her drink, the woman to her right says, 'I would like to buy you a drink, too.'

The old woman says, 'Thank you. Bartender, I want a Scotch with two drops of water.'

'Coming up, ' says the bartender

As she finishes that drink, the man to her left says, 'I would like to buy you one, too.'

The old woman says, 'Thank you. Bartender, I want another Scotch with two drops of water.'

'Coming right up, ' the bartender says.

As he gives her the drink, he says, 'Ma'am, I'm dying of curiosity. Why the Scotch with only two drops of water?'

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.