Forever M'lady - Cover

Forever M'lady

Copyright© 2015 by JenQuail

Chapter 16: Murder most foul

BDSM Sex Story: Chapter 16: Murder most foul - From the humble beginnings of mucking out the pigs through to the top echelons of Late Victorian England, Jane Fairfax relates the ups and downs of her life.

Caution: This BDSM Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   BDSM   Spanking   Rough   Sadistic   Group Sex   First   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Fisting   Water Sports   Cream Pie   Slow  

"Please Mistress Jane, Mistress Black is here to see you."

"Show her in, Annie, but don't go too far away in case I need you."

"Very good, Mistress."

I wondered what was the problem as Roberta seldom came to my rooms without a summons.

The Housekeeper entered, pushing one of her workers before me. The poor girl seemed very distressed as she bobbed a nervous curtsy. "Tell Mistress Jane what you just told me, Sarah."

With much bobbing and stumbling over her words she blurted out, "Please Mistress Jane, this morning, afore ... afore Keith..." she seemed to lose her tongue until Mistress Black prompted her to speak up.

"Sarah and Keith have been seeing each other, Mistress Jane," the Housekeeper informed me.

"What happened, Sarah?"

"I sees Dick Thatcher come in the kitchen. I sees 'im take sommat from the butcher's waste bin and a bit later I sees 'im put worrever 'e 'ad picked up on the steps just before Keith fell and was..." Sarah was now sobbing uncontrollably. Mistress Black was about to reprimand the girl but I shook my head.

"Sit here for a minute, Sarah. Dry you eyes and try to compose yourself. Annie, attend me. Good girl. Find Master Johnstone and say I need him urgently."

"Yes, Mistress." She left in a hurry. Sarah was now more composed.

"Please, Mistress Jane, Dick 'as bin botherin' me since I started seein' Keith. 'E's very jealous and someone told me 'e 'eard 'e was going to get Keith." Her sobs again convulsed her and she was still sniffing when Johnstone arrived.

"Master Johnstone, Sarah, here, tells me that she saw Dick Thatcher place something on the steps just before the men fell. This may be more than a simple accident so I think we need to recall the Constable."

"What was Thatcher doing in the Kitchen? He is a stable hand."

"He has come to the Kitchen several times recently, I have had to send him packing more than once. My apologies, Master Johnstone, perhaps I should have informed you earlier. It seems that Keith has been courting Sarah and Thatcher is very jealous. Apparently he has been heard uttering death threats against Keith."

"Can't be helped now, Mistress Black. Mistress Jane, I shall send for the Constable then take four big men to detain Thatcher. I will lock him up securely until the Constable arrives. If I may leave now?"

"Carry on Johnstone. Perhaps the Constable will arrive quicker if you send the coach, and let me know when you have Thatcher secured, I shall be in the Dining Room with Lord and Lady Barton and our guests. Mistress Black, Sarah should return to her quarters and remain there until the Constable can speak to her. Put two of your biggest men to guard her door until Thatcher is detained, should he try to silence her. I must inform Lord Barton of this development. Take her away. Would you also ask if any more of your people saw Thatcher this morning. The Constable may need to discover what they know."

"Very good, Mistress Jane. Come Sarah."

With a sigh, I checked the time. Everybody would be in the Dining Room soon, I had best go there myself. With a heavy heart, I entered to find our guests all looking a little puzzled. A small group, including Diana, were sitting at one end of the table sipping tea, the rest were standing around, fidgeting a little. Reginald seemed about to call the room to order when he saw me. I went to him and told him briefly of the recent turn of events.

"Ladies and gentlemen," he announced, "we have had a very unfortunate incident with the household staff this morning. This is still developing. Miss Fairfax has been helping us in this matter and is the best informed. Jane, would you share with us what you have ascertained?"

I was just about to speak when Johnstone appeared at the door with a large bruise starting to develop around his eye and he was not his usual immaculate self. He came straight to me and Reginald. "M'lord, Mistress Jane, Thatcher is safely locked in a small windowless room with two of my biggest men guarding the door."

"Well done, Johnstone," I replied. "That is a relief for us all. Has the Constable arrived yet?"

"He has just arrived, Mistress. I left him with the Housekeeper."

"Excellent. Please give him any assistance he requires. I will join Mistress Black as soon as I am finished here."

I turned to face the gathered guests. "The situation is thus: this morning we were called to the Kitchen where there had been a terrible accident. Two men were carrying a large kettle of boiling water. They had a set of steps to negotiate and one of them slipped. The kettle of water fell upon him and he was very severely scalded. He died as the Doctor was attending him. The other man cracked his skull on the steps and died instantly. This seemed like a horrible accident, which is what the Constable concluded. However a witness later reported that a man with a grudge against one of the deceased was acting suspiciously just before the accident. Therefore, it may be a case of murder. The Constable returned to Barton Court just a few minutes ago. The suspect has been detained by Lord Barton's staff and is safely under lock and key. Now, if you will all excuse me, I must return to the Kitchen."

"Thank you Jane. Please keep me informed of any developments." I left as he turned to his guests to speak. Returning to Roberta's office, I knocked before entering.

"Mistress Jane." "M'Lady," from the Housekeeper and Constable, rising from their seats.

I gestured for them to be seated. "Mistress Black, Constable, may I sit here while you conduct you're your interviews?"

Poor Sarah was sitting opposite from the Constable obviously in a state of distress. The Constable answered, "Yes, M'Lady, do please take a seat." Mistress Black went to the door, gave a quick instruction then returned to her seat.

"So you saw Thatcher pick something from the butcher's scrap bin?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Could you make out what he picked up?"

"Sir, it were white and pink, mebbe a slice o' pigskin but I couldn't swear to that."

"And what did he do next."

"I didn't see him for a bit, Sir. I was tryin' ter 'ide from 'im y'see, because 'e ... because 'e upsets me. I fears 'im bad, Sir." Another set of tears welled up in her eyes, prompting Mistress Black to extract a handkerchief from a drawer and pass it to Sarah.

"Take your time, Sarah," I assured her, "You have nothing to fear from him now, he is safely locked away."

Just then there was a knock on the door. Mistress Black opened the door to admit a still room maid bearing a pot of tea on a tray. The Housekeeper poured four cups and passed them around. Sarah took a minute or two to compose herself and blow her nose. "Sorry, M'Lady."

"That is quite all right, Sarah. Do you feel you can finish your answer for the Constable?"

"Yes, M'Lady. Well, next I see 'im, 'e was over near the steps 'n I sees 'im look all around then 'e puts sommat, what 'e 'ad picked up it looked like, 'e puts it as 'igh as 'e could on the step. Then 'e rushes to the small door, you know the one I means, Mistress Black, along that little passage by the 'otplates. Well 'e stands there until 'e sees the accident then runs away."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.