1928
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2016 by Rich Bottom

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 10 - Manhattan in the age of jazz.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Historical   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Slow  

During the first week of December of that year, President Coolidge went to an Army dispensary to check on his teeth by having his teeth X-rayed. The Presidential Physician James F. Coupal reported that the presidential teeth were in excellent condition.

During the second week of December a son was born to Irving Berlin and his wife the heiress Ellin Mackay. The boy was named Irving Berlin, Jr.

During the third week of December the Littlewoods of Park Avenue hired a new chauffeur.

"It's too long," Mrs. Littlewood said.

"What's too long?" Mr. Littlewood said.

"His name. His name is too long."

So the new chauffeur, Finnegan, had his name shortened to Finn by the Littlewood family.

In addition to large summer houses on Long Island and Cape Cod, the Littlewoods had twelve rooms on Park Avenue, two Swedish maids and an old French poodle. The two maids shared a room off the pantry. The poodle slept in the kitchen or sometimes behind one of the sofas in the living room. It was understood that Finn would sleep at his home somewhere in the Bronx and arrive at the Littlewood apartment at six o'clock each morning to begin his duties.

Arthur Littlewood was sixty-five years old and he was a native of Pittsburgh. He'd worked first in the railroad industry and then in banking in the state of Pennsylvania. At the age of twenty- five he'd inherited one hundred thousand dollars from his maternal grandfather and he invested the money in railroad stocks. At the age of thirty-seven, in the year 1900, he arrived on Wall Street with nearly one million dollars in cash in his account at the Chase National Bank. He bought himself a minor partnership in a small investment company specializing in munitions exports. At the age of forty he married twenty year old Grace Millar of Philadelphia. They had a daughter named Caroline three years later in the year 1906. By 1920 Littlewood's fortune had grown enough to allow him to purchase a serious piece of the large investment bank Dawson Petrie and Company. He stated at that time that he would not shift his capital again, and by 1928 he had not yet done so. Messrs. Dawson and Petrie were in fact considering adding the name Littlewood to the name of the firm.

Mr. Littlewood gave the new chauffeur, Finn, precise instructions concerning his job. He was to wear at all times the customary black chauffeur's uniform with a visored cap. He was to arrive at six o'clock each morning at the Park Avenue garage where the Littlewood car was kept and have the car standing in front of the Littlewood apartment house at 6:15. He would drive Mr. Littlewood to Wall Street and then return to Park Avenue to have the car and himself available to Mrs. Littlewood. In the evening Mr. Littlewood would be driven home in a company car and there was no need for Finn to return to Wall Street. When Mrs. Littlewood had no more need of the car, she would indicate this to Finn and he would return the car promptly to the garage and go where he wished. On special occasions he'd be asked to work in the evening and he'd be paid extra for it. He would have free days on the second and fourth Sunday of each month.

The car was a 1927 black and grey LaSalle limousine. The car had been chosen by Mrs. Littlewood and it was understood the car and the chauffeur were to be at the service of Mrs. Littlewood any time she needed them.

"She's an active lady," Mr. Littlewood said. "My wife is an active lady."

"Yes sir," Finn said. He enjoyed the idea of driving about town in an almost new LaSalle limousine. He did not yet know what else was involved.


Finn the chauffeur quickly learned the various routines of his job. He'd have the morning run down to Wall Street with Mr. Littlewood in the back of the LaSalle. Then he would drive the LaSalle back to the Park Avenue building in which the Littlewoods lived and either park it on the street nearby or in the garage around the corner. Mrs. Littlewood would usually not come down until late in the morning and that meant Finn had a few hours free every weekday. Of course if Mrs. Littlewood had an appointment somewhere and she wanted the car earlier, she could always telephone the garage and ask him to have the car ready. Finn passed the morning hours in the garage playing penny poker with several other chauffeurs. When there was no telephone call to Finn, his orders were to have the car waiting in front of the Littlewood building at 11:45.

The first few weeks that Mrs. Littlewood came down to the car were uneventful. She was always well dressed. She would nod and smile at Finn as he held the rear door of the car open. Each day he had a whiff of her perfume and a glance at her silk- covered legs as she climbed into the rear of the LaSalle. She was the richest lady he'd ever worked for and he guessed the mink coat that she wore cost more than he earned in two years.

Nearly every day Mrs. Littlewood had a luncheon date somewhere with a group of lady friends. Sometimes after lunch he would take her to a museum, either the Metropolitan on Fifth Avenue or one of the old historical museums downtown. Mrs. Littlewood would be inside for one or two hours while he waited outside in the limousine.

Finn ran errands on occasion. He'd be ordered to pick up a package at a shop and bring it to the Littlewood apartment. He sometimes walked the dog when the doorman of the building had no time for it. Mrs. Littlewood would give Finn a dollar when he returned with the poodle.

The Littlewood daughter was a high-strung defiant girl, but she was never any problem for Finn. She never used the car alone and when she was with her parents she paid no attention to him. Finn thought she was nothing but a spoiled rich girl and he was happy to avoid her.

One afternoon just before Christmas Mrs. Littlewood came down the steps of the Metropolitan and climbed into the car as usual. But this time before Finn closed the car door she spoke to him.

"Do you have a family?"

"Just my mother," Finn said as he continued to hold the door open.

"Then you're not married?"

"No ma'am."

He couldn't help looking at her legs. The way she sat on the deep seat had caused her skirt to be pulled back over her knees. Her right leg was closest to him and he had a glimpse of the dark band at the top of her flesh-colored stocking. If she noticed what he was looking at, there was no sign of it.

"I thought you were married," Mrs. Littlewood said.

"No ma'am," Finn said again.

"All right, take me home now."

Finn wondered why she'd asked about his family. He had some aunts and uncles and cousins, but his old mother was the one he lived with. He was thirty-six years old and he thought maybe he'd get married when he was forty. He thought forty was a good age for a man to get married.

Christmas came and passed and Finn received a twenty dollar bill and was thankful for it because he'd worked for the Littlewoods only a short time. He bought a new radio for his mother and a bottle of bootleg Irish whiskey for himself. He was happy.

During the week between Christmas and New Year's, the Littlewoods were busy with family relations and Finn had to drive for them nearly every day and sometimes in the evening too. He didn't mind it. He liked the work. He looked after the chains on the tires and when there was snow on the ground he had no problem with the big LaSalle. The front of the car was warm enough when he had his heavy coat on. It was certainly better than driving one of those old town-cars that had the chauffeur sitting out in the open to freeze.

One morning when Finn was waiting in the car in front of the Littlewood building, the doorman came out and said Mrs. Littlewood wanted Finn upstairs in the apartment. Finn went around to the service elevator and he rode up to the tenth floor.

One of the maids opened the kitchen door to the Littlewood apartment and said: "It's just to move one of the tables. She's waiting for you in the living room."

Mrs. Littlewood was dressed in a dark blue peignoir. "You can help the girls move that table from here to there."

"Yes ma'am."

Finn and the two Swedish maids moved the large table from one part of the room to another.

After that Mrs. Littlewood said she had some packages in her bedroom that she wanted Finn to bring down to the car. When Finn followed her into the bedroom he found himself in a large pink room, pink walls, pink curtains, pink upholstery on the chairs and on the large headboard behind the bed. He started gathering the packages on the bed while Mrs. Littlewood stood before her dressing table touching a comb to her hair. Then Finn glanced at Mrs. Littlewood and at her image in the mirror and he was suddenly paralyzed by what he saw.

The front of Mrs. Littlewood's peignoir was hanging open as she combed her hair, the two sides of the peignoir falling far enough apart from each other so that her breasts and belly and thighs were clearly visible in the mirror. She was naked except for stockings, sheer dark stockings rolled at mid-thigh and maybe held up by hidden garters. Finn could see only the inner slopes of her large breasts, but he clearly saw the patch of brown hair at the joining of her full thighs.

Finn couldn't move. He stood there with the packages in his arms and his eyes on the mirror.

Then Mrs. Littlewood shifted her body slightly. She lifted her head and their eyes met in the mirror.

For a moment neither of them moved. Mrs. Littlewood still had her right hand raised to the side of her head, the comb in her fingers. She continued to look at Finn in the mirror, and then finally she dropped her right hand, put the comb down on the dressing table and used both hands to close the peignoir.

Finn cradled the packages in his arms and he hurried out of the room.


The daily routine continued as before and Mrs. Littlewood made no mention of what had happened. But soon after that Finn was told that on weekday mornings after he returned from Wall Street he might come up to the kitchen to wait for Mrs. Littlewood. Finn gave up the penny poker game at the garage and he began passing his mornings in the Littlewood kitchen. He would chat with the Swedish maids awhile, and then when Mrs. Littlewood was ready to go out he'd ride down the elevator with her.

It wasn't long before Finn was aware that Mrs. Littlewood was looking at him more carefully these days. She looked at him as though she were inspecting his uniform, her eyes travelling up and down from his black shoes to his black peaked cap. But Finn made a point of dusting his uniform each morning before he put it on and he was confident she could find no fault with it.

What had happened in Mrs. Littlewood's bedroom was never far from Finn's thoughts. Now when he looked at her legs as she entered the car, he would think of what he'd seen in the dressing table mirror, her belly, her white thighs, the tuft of brown hair.

One day Finn drove Mrs. Littlewood and two other ladies to a luncheon on Central Park West. The two ladies seemed to be old friends of Mrs. Littlewood. They chatted about people they knew as the big car moved along the winding road through the park. Finn drove them to a building on 65th Street and then he sat in the car waiting for them. He'd brought a wrapped sandwich with him, and now he ate the sandwich as he watched the traffic on Central Park West.

When the ladies came out of the building again, it was obvious to both Finn and the doorman that they were all drunk. The doorman rolled his eyes at Finn as the two men helped the ladies enter the rear of the LaSalle.

Finn took the two lady friends of Mrs. Littlewood to their apartment buildings on Park Avenue, and then he drove Mrs. Littlewood home.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.