Denmark
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

The Irish redhead ... excuse me ... the Short ... the Tiny ... ah ... if you'd quit hitting me ... the Vertical Quadrant Dimensionally Challenged ruby headed Irish beauty ... continued on a course connecting the dots. She putt-putted along picking the men out of the water as she went.

Austin, Lead.

Peterson, Ivanovich, Sniper / Spotter.

Smith, Black, Jones, Scout.

Carlyle, Costas, Demolition.

Donatello, Communications

Saṃdīp Barār, Knives.

Carmine and Johnson were missing.

The first question everyone asked as they came out of the water, was, "Who is she?"

The only thing I could say was, "Fortuitous coincidence."

When they found out where they were wet, the men radiated cold ... deadly cold.

Maveen had an actual washer / dryer in the cabin and the men brought their sopping wet gear to be dried. In exchange, she supplied "Togas," I was quite surprised to find they were well versed in "toga" and "party". What do these guys do between jobs that I don't know about?

Since my gear was first in, it was my gear that went tic-tic-tic in the dryer and tink on the cabin floor when she took the junk out and shook it.

"Tink"

A little green pill started rolling towards the crack between the middle floor and the last one. She caught it.

Sailboat floors are the last flat piece before the fiberglas hull. they're usually hollow and echo when things are dropped. Or maybe not. Whatever, she brought it to me ... my clothes ... my little pill.

While the toga party was discussing, who and why, Maveen deposited the pill in my hand.

"Yours, I think. It was in your clothes. It fell out when I shook the pants."

Naturally, I knew immediately what it was ... a Federal GPS Personnel Tracker. In our line of work, we had used them often. State of the art little buggers ... with a nickel cadmium battery they had a pretty good range and lasted as long as your quartz watch ... about three years. It was warm but that might have been the dryer.

Donatello dug in his pack and opened the waterproof carrier for the detector and ... Whada ye know ... the puppy was active.

My faith in my government ... never all that strong ... weakened even more. Donatello scanned all our clothes ... Yup ... every one beeped. Even after the trackers were removed Emile kept uncovering more. The Feds were serious ... there were over a million bucks worth of the damn things.

"Maveen, would you please retrace your course? We need these to go overboard in the places we were when you picked us up ... and we need some beer or soda bottles to put them in."

Beer and soda bottles sink slowly, it takes awhile for them to fill enough to go under ... some times they never do sink ... but that's the exception ... every rule has them.

The beautiful redhead ... with the brilliant green eyes turned the 114 foot ketch Iskoristidan and putt putted back over her wake. The bottles with trackers were dumped overboard slowly so as not to sink. Wave action would take care of filling the empty but bug laden bottles.

On the return trip the bodies of Carmine and Johnson were spotted but left. This would only work if everyone was 'dead' ... revenge is best if the target is unaware.

"Maveen?"

"Colonel?"

"This is an awfully big boat to be working without as crew."

"Iskoristidan is ... unusual ... there is a builders document in the office compartment," she said.

"How about you tell me?"

"In order for me to tell you I'll have to tell you about me.

"My Da was much older than my mother ... very rich ... very ... spoiled. Mum was ... exceptional ... even in a house of beauty, she was the star. Da walked into the house and spoke to the madam, You understand ... I have this story second hand ... According to the stories, there were four new girls. Not virgins but new to the trade. Mum was the only one who was there by ... circumstances ... the other three were in it for the money. In that house a girl could earn three of four hundred thousand pounds a year and only the best cliental made it through the doors. Da put it to them straight ... he said, "If you like the life walk out the door," and three of them did.

"I'm looking for a wife who will be with me and only me. I live in Kansas in the States ... it's flat, windswept, and desolate. If you're interested walk out the door and my driver will seat you."

"Mum turned and walked out the door ... I have been told money changed hands.

"Da sent Mum to school in Switzerland ... a "finishing" school ... a whore went in and a lady came out.

"She spoke five languages like a native, knew which fork to use and hold up her end of a conversation with Dukes, billionaires, English professors and Johnny Carson. She was poised, traveled and she knew Diana when the Princess was a teenager. Not necessarily friends but they spoke.

"She toured the states and 'met' Da in Yosemite, they married. I wasn't supposed to happen; Da was 'snipped.' Mum had one ovary ... against all odds I was conceived. Da was furious. Mum was adamant.

"In order for paternity testing, I had to be born ... Mum came to term and human leukocyte antigen testing proved to a 91% that I was my fathers daughter. DNA tests since proved that there was less than a one in 33 billion chance that Da wasn't my Da. When I was just 18 Mum and Da were killed when their Lear crashed on a flight from Wichita to Aspen. I was the sole heir.

"I would love to say I was loved ... I was raised by a succession of nurses, tutors and housekeepers. I saw Da once a year ... mum twice. Not twice a year ... twice. I wasn't convenient. When I turned 21, my inheritance was released. I decided I needed experience and went to Florida for Spring Break.

"This boat had been seized by the DEA ... It came up for auction ... I was the only bidder who met the minimum requirements; American citizen, no history and no contacts. Whatever that meant. She was cheap ... very cheap ... the interior was in splinters ... the masts were pulled, the tanks were sitting on the dock, the engine was disassembled ... but the hull was sound. I spent more on repairs than the cost of the boat. I had her rigged hydraulic singlehanded and here I am.

"She was built a year ago in France and was ported in Pula, Croatia. She's 114' 3'' length on deck with a beam of 22' 10''. She draws 11' 5'' and has a loaded displacement of 171 tons. Her MAN D 2866 engine will push her to 13 knots and she cruises at 9 with a decent breeze. The rebuilt interior is balsa cored walnut and oak so she is much lighter than before. I usually sail her with the mizzen and keep the main boom and awning up for the shade. The awning has screens to keep out the mosquitos when I'm near the coast. There can be room to sleep 20 so your bunch shouldn't be a problem. Anything else?"

"The name?" I asked.

"Iskoristidan? "Seize the Day" although I meant it to be S-e-a-z-e the Day ... but that was cheesy."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.