Seasonal Daughters, Book 2
Chapter 4

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Jeanette said, "Laura, may we come in, please." I reached Laura who looked at me. I nodded.

Laura said, "Yes, Jeanette. Please come in. I take it that you are aware of the telephone calls today." Laura waved them to the couch.

They sat on the couch and we sat in my easy chair and another chair close to it. Jeanette said, "We are very aware of it. Robert is home dealing with the other end of the problem. We decided this needed a direct approach and the parents should be present to whatever extent any of us felt needful and appropriate."

Laura said, "I will go get April." She left and I said nothing as we waited. Tommy looked miserable. He had obviously been crying. It looked like it wouldn't take much to get him started again. I knew April would look much the same when she came out if she did. I would not force her confront him and didn't think Laura would either. I did suspect that she would argue a bit to get her to see him with us with her. Laura later told me that I was right. She and April came into the living room. Laura retook her seat. April sat down as far from Tommy as she could without leaving the room.

Tommy started to get up and I shook my head which stopped him. I said, "We understand there was an unfortunate situation today over the phone." I looked at Jeanette and Tommy. "You're here. Perhaps you would like to comment about this."

Tommy took a deep breath and looked at April. "April, I'm sorry. It's my fault. I was taunted and egged on but it was my doing and my mistake. I'm sorry. I really like you but, if my terrible screw-up means we can't ever be like we were, I will be very sad but will understand."

He took another deep breath. "What I said was insulting to you and may well be unforgivable. No matter what, it will haunt my nightmares for a long, long time. I betrayed you and your feelings. At least as bad, I betrayed me. What I suggested is not how I want me to be or how I think a man should be.

"I could blame my sister but I listened and I called you. It was my mistake. I was the wrong-doer. I'm sorry." Tears were running down his cheeks. Tears were running down April's cheeks, too.

The doorbell rang and May answered it. It was our meal. She and the delivery guy carried it into the kitchen. They quickly came out and I had pulled tip money from my wallet and handed it to him. He said, "Thank you," and left.

I could tell April was hurting. She stood and moved to stand between Laura and me. She said, "Tommy, I forgive you. However, you have betrayed my trust. If we see each other, one or both of my parents will be present. I do not trust you now. It hurts me to know that you had any thought that those statements and the activities they suggested might ever be considered in any kind of positive light. I am scared to be around you without my parents for protection. That will be true for some long period of time.

"If you come here when my parents aren't home, I will call them and lock the doors. That would be the last time I would talk to you. Do you understand?" Tommy looked at her and nodded slowly. His tears were still flowing. I could tell from April's voice that she was on the edge of sobbing. "If you talk to me that way again, we can no longer be friends. I want to like you but it will be a while before our relationship is repaired."

She took a ragged breath. "If you want to talk to me tomorrow around ten, I will talk then. Good night." She walked into the kitchen and I could hear her cry. Laura went to her.

I waited a long moment. "I think it's stated pretty clearly, Tommy. It's up to you to rebuild her trust in you." I stood. "Thank you both for coming. We'll just have to give the situation time to determine if it will be repaired."

Tommy said, "Mister Sanderson, I apologize to you and Missus Laura, too. I understand April's position. I will call her tomorrow and talk. There is no one as wonderful as April and I said some very foolish things. I will abide by her requirements and understand her reasoning. I thank you and Missus Laura for not refusing me permission to see her and call her under her conditions. Good night." He stood and came to me. He shook my hand.

Jeanette gave me a subdued hug. She whispered, "Thank you." They left. I went into the kitchen.

Laura was with April who was getting her emotions back under control. April looked at me. "Dad, I just don't understand boys."

"Sometimes they don't understand themselves, Showers. I think Tommy is fundamentally a good guy. Time will tell. Listen to God's urging and pray. If it is meant to work out, it will in time."

I rubbed my hands together. "Now and not to be too crass, I'm hungry. Let's eat." I asked the blessing and specifically asked God to comfort my older daughter and give her peace and to trust in her abilities as she followed God's will. We all said, "Amen."

Laura, May, and I ate. April picked at her food but did manage to eat about half what she would usually have eaten. We finally finished and went into the living room. I sat on the couch with Laura beside me. We pulled April into my lap. May sat beside Laura. We just all held each other for a long time letting our emotions rest. It wasn't late but I felt rung out and suggested bed. Everyone was ready. We went into our bedroom and Laura and I changed. I opened the door and, a moment later, April was in bed with us. She still had tears in her eyes. Laura and I held her. After a minute, May came in and lay with us. We lay together saying nothing just drawing comfort from our closeness.

It was late when our daughters, first May and then April, went to their beds. Laura whispered to me, "Are you going to close the door?"

"Only if you can't be quiet, Laura."

She chuckled. "I'll try to be it's hard." We both chuckled. We made love very gently and quietly. In the morning, I woke to see two heads in front of me. One was my wife and the other was my older daughter. I glanced at the time and got up very gently trying not to disturb either one. I went downstairs and started coffee. I waited for it to brew enough to give me two cups that wouldn't be too bitter. I fixed them for Laura and myself and carried them upstairs. Laura and April were both awake. Laura said, "You know it is love when he makes the coffee and then brings you a cup in bed fixed the way you like it." April giggled. "Your dad makes good coffee, too." April left our bedroom after giving each of us a hug. She closed the door behind her.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.