Rogue Magus - Cover

Rogue Magus

Copyright© 2014 by TechnicDragon

Chapter 34

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 34 - Nominated Best Erotic Science Fiction Story 2016 -- Jordan has gone missing and Seth is determined to find her. A number of issues block his path however: Deputy Lawson wants to arrest him, the Syndicate wants him dead, and other Magi are bent on taking his power for their own. Can Seth find Jordan and finally end the Lockdown?

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Tit-Fucking   Size   Big Breasts   Public Sex   Slow   Violence  

I awoke to the sounds of urgent discussions and then everyone stopped talking.

“I think he’s awake,” someone said.

I blinked open my eyes and looked around. Dana, Michael, Greta, Chloe, Ella, Katrina, and Cassandra were all gathered in my bedroom. Cassandra and Chloe looked at one another, throwing each other contemptuous glances.

I rolled to my side and then sat up. I was still naked. It appeared that Greta woke up first, got dressed and then went and said something that turned into this gathering. I looked from one person to the next. Finally, I grabbed a pillow, covered myself with it, and then looked at them again. “Now that I am awake, would anyone care to explain what’s going on?”

There were glances all around. Everyone was looking for someone else to explain.

“Greta,” I said. “You said something about my mark before we passed out. What was that?”

She sighed and said, “You’re mark is Amber. Normally, a new Magus who is not bound to the hierarchy would have a gray mark.”

“Okay, well, everyone pretty much agrees that there’s nothing conventional about me,” I said. “I don’t see this as any different.”

She shook her head. “You do not understand. The Council hunts down anyone with an amber mark. They see it as a threat to the Hierarchy.”

I frowned and looked around. No one else was attempting to explain so I looked at Greta again. “Why? What kind of threat?”

She shook her head. “Nobody knows.” She glanced at Michael. “When we were in training to be tactical backup for the Sheriffs, we were told to simply arrest anyone who has an amber mark and bring them back to Austin.”

I looked at each of my Stirpi. All of their marks were amber. “Wouldn’t that mean all of you would be arrested too?”

There were nods, shrugs, and a resounding “No,” from Michael. Everyone looked at him.

“I’m sorry, Seth, but you’re the one born with amber. You would be the only one arrested. The council would simply sever the bonds between you and the rest of us.”

Then it really hit me. “Wait, you’re saying that even though I’m a House Lord now, a Padrone, I would still be arrested for this?”

He nodded once.

I studied Michael. “You?”

He shook his head. “We are only to report you to House Pavonis. They would send someone else to bring you in.”

I looked up and down the line. “And has anyone reported me to House Pavonis?”

Every head shook, no.

A conflict of information was hammering away at my head. “Wait a minute,” I said, realizing it. “Sheriff Dalton knows that my mark is amber, but she didn’t say anything to me or try to report me for it.”

Michael and Greta glanced at one another.

“It’s possible she doesn’t believe you’re a real threat, given that you’re a Child Magus,” Michael said.

“Or, she may have been holding off on saying or doing anything until the Lockdown is resolved,” Greta added.

“What do you two think?” I asked.

Greta gritted her jaw and straightened her back. “You are my House Lord. My loyalty is with you.”

I nodded and looked at Michael.

He thought about it for a moment, and then said, “I’ve helped to track down some of the most dangerous Magi you’d never want to meet. I’ve helped with cases that though they were difficult or the reasons behind the incidents were unclear, there was always someone who was guilty of doing something wrong.” Then he met my eyes. “We were never given a clear reason why you or anyone like you is considered a threat to the Council. Being born with that color doesn’t mean anything more than being born with brown eyes or dark hair. That is not your fault. That is NOT a reason to be chased down and arrested.”

“And if they had given you a reason?” I asked. “What would you do?”

“That would depend on the reason,” he said almost instantly. “Didn’t you say that Sheriff Dalton arrested you the moment she met you?”

I nodded. “She did, but then she listened to what I had to say and checked on my alibi. I can understand her immediate actions. She couldn’t take a chance that I was as dangerous as she might believe. She had to ... disable me. Then she could stop and think. I wasn’t dead. She hadn’t done anything permanent. So, there’s no malice.”

Michael nodded. “Which would have been my procedure as well.”

I nodded again. “What are your recommendations?”

“Wait,” Chloe said. “That’s it? You’re not worried about the Council sending more goons after you?”

“What am I supposed to do, panic?” I asked. “How would that help anything?”

“Of course not panic,” she said, “but shouldn’t you take precautions?”

“Right now, I’m more worried about local events and trying to end the Lockdown,” I said. “Since these two have all but thrown in their allegiance with me, then for the time being, I don’t have anything to worry about.”

“What about Sheriff Dalton?” she asked. “Aren’t you worried that she may have already reported you and convinced whatever authority that she needs your help to end the Lockdown?”

“If she has reported me, then there’s nothing I can do about that,” I said. “If she hasn’t reported me, then I would like to know why.” I looked at Dana and Ella. “You two have been quiet. What are your thoughts?”

Dana shook her head. “I don’t believe the Council knows about your mark. If they did, I’m sure they would have responded by now. Everything up to this point seems to indicate their ignorance.”

I nodded and looked at Ella.

She seemed to shrink in on herself and say nothing.

“Ella?” I said. “What is it?”

“I’ve heard rumors ... legends ... I don’t know what you’d call it,” she said.

“What kind of rumors?” I asked.

She swallowed hard. “I was once told that the one born with amber would bring the end to our kind.”

Everyone started asking questions at the same time. It wasn’t until they all noticed that I wasn’t asking questions that they stopped talking and turned to me.

I looked at Ella again, and calmly asked, “The person who told you this, did they give any specific details as to how or why that would be?”

She shook her head. “Like I said, it’s more like legend that rumor. Maybe like a story to scare young magi.”

Chloe shook her head. “More like a fairy tale,” she said. “It’s just something to frighten everyone else against you.”

I nodded and waved at Ella. “And it seems to have worked.” Then I nodded at Michael and Greta. “Unfortunately, these two have only confirmed what she thought was the monster under the bed, and vice versa.”

“That does not mean that we’re reporting you,” Greta said and Michael nodded.

I nodded back. “Thank you.” Then I looked around. “In the meantime, Ella, do you remember who told you this?”

She nodded, hesitantly. “My Mama. She lives in San Antonio.”

“Could you contact her?” I asked. “See if you can find out more details about this?”

She nodded and her eyes brightened a bit. “I can do that.”

I nodded too. “In fact, I’ll make this your first official act for House Ursae. I need you to find out everything you can, rumor or fact. I don’t care if two bits of information directly conflict, I want to know.”

She nodded and left via the bathroom door since everyone else impeded her way to the living room door.

I looked at Dana. “I need you to continue helping with anyone who wishes to join House Ursae. Obviously, we don’t want to mention the House Color, it may spark fear or bring the Council a calling. If anyone asks specifically, I’ll leave it to your discretion as to how to handle it because frankly, I’m not sure what I would say or do.”

She nodded and followed Ella out.

I looked at Chloe. “Are you continuing to act as my personal guard?”

She almost looked affronted. “Well, someone has to.”

“Well, please try to get along better with the House Guardians,” I said with a wave at Michael and Greta.

“Greta, I don’t have a problem with,” she said. “But Michael hasn’t even taken an oath of loyalty.”

“Well, between my passing out and then the sudden issue of my mark color, I think a delay was inevitable,” I said.

She nodded.

“And you should know that Milena will be bringing two women in at some point. Both are Magi I recruited from House Cerenkov. I would like to make both of them Lieutenants. However, seeing as I only have a fundamental understanding what Lieutenants do for a House, I’ll leave it to you to interview both of them and then let me know of their suitability.”

“Am I to grant them the authority if I find them suitable?” she asked.

“Yes,” I said. “Just tell me about the interviews when I’m available.”

“I will,” she said and also left.

Then I looked at Cassandra and Katrina. “I take it the issue regarding my mark is something you’re going to be reporting to everyone?”

Katrina looked fearful of how to answer. Cassandra, however, said, “They should know how the Council views the issue.”

I nodded. “True, but,” I added quickly, “do not say anything for now. If the council sends someone to arrest me for this, then you can, but only so they’ll understand what is going on.”

“What about Linda?” Cassandra asked. “She is your lawyer.”

“I’ll talk to her about it personally,” I said. “Now, if you don’t mind, Cassandra, would it be okay for Katrina to stay the night with you? I have a lot to do and I believe it will make the rest of my Stirpi feel more comfortable if my Fonti aren’t just hanging around listening in to every little thing.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.