Rogue Magus
Chapter 30

Copyright© 2014 by TechnicDragon

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 30 - Nominated Best Erotic Science Fiction Story 2016 -- Jordan has gone missing and Seth is determined to find her. A number of issues block his path however: Deputy Lawson wants to arrest him, the Syndicate wants him dead, and other Magi are bent on taking his power for their own. Can Seth find Jordan and finally end the Lockdown?

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Tit-Fucking   Size   Big Breasts   Public Sex   Slow   Violence  

For a moment, all of us stared at the open door. I could see Lawson’s feet. He wasn’t moving. I started toward the door. Dana hadn’t left that long ago. Did she even make it to her car?

“No!” Michael barked. “Stay away from the door.” He jumped the couch and came down to his knee a few feet from the open door. He craned his neck, trying to see out the door.

Greta followed him to the door with her hand gun drawn. “Do you see anything?” she asked.

“No,” Michael said. “And that worries me.”

I stared out the door at Lawson. He wasn’t moving. Then I saw the blood. There was a lot of it.

“Seth, get behind some cover,” Michael said.

I moved back behind the island counter, but I couldn’t take my eyes off of Lawson’s feet. What could I do?

“I can’t see anything and I don’t dare get closer to the door,” Michael said. Then he looked back at me. “Seth, can you put a shield on the doorway?”

I nodded and focused. I wanted to the shield to be smooth, flat, and completely invisible. I put my will behind it, and let the power flow. “That should do it,” I said.

Michael nodded and moved up. He studied Lawson for a moment and then turned and looked out toward the north side of the apartment complex.

Chloe and Ella moved around the counter to stand next to me. “I didn’t even hear anything,” Chloe said.

“More than likely,” Michael said, still trying to spot whomever attacked Lawson, “the sniper used a silencer. That way we wouldn’t even know which way he attacked from.”

Michael all but had his head sticking out of the doorway when the shield was struck and sparks flew. Chloe and Ella jumped, and Michael pulled back from the doorway. He looked at me. “Is this shield one way?”

I nodded.

He nodded too and said, “Greta.”

He and Greta changed places. She held out her hand gun, taking aim. Could she really hit whomever was shooting at us?

I looked at the big man. “Michael, what about Dana?”

He looked up. “Her car is gone.” Then he looked at me. “She’s your Stirpe. You should be able to tell if she’s okay.”

I nodded and closed my eyes. I thought about Dana and knew instantly that she was in her car, driving safely along South Cooper. I opened my eyes. “She’s okay,” I said, feeling relieved. Then my emotions shifted and my anger boiled up. Who had attacked my apartment again? I started to move closer, to offer magical suggestions, but Michael held up his hand, wanting me to hold still. I froze.

Greta poked her head out and pulled back in, just a glance. Another spark lit up my shield.

“I can bubble the shield, allow you some room outside of the doorway and still have protection,” I said.

Greta never took her eyes off her target, she only nodded once.

I focused on the shield. It was there, as solid as steel and just as flat as the wall. I forced it to bow out of the apartment, to act like a bubble being made by one of those sticks you get with a bottle of bubble soap. The doorway acted as the ring to form the bubble, and I blew at it as hard as I could. Everyone could see the shield shimmer as it stretched. Once it was where I wanted it, I stopped blowing. The shimmer disappeared and Greta was able to lean out of the doorway.

Another spark hit the shield. The bullet would have taken Greta’s head, but my shield held.

“Got ‘em,” Greta said under her breath and squeezed off a single round.

Michael moved up next to her and looked out too. There were no more sparks on my shield, but I didn’t drop it just yet.

“Could he be working alone?” I asked.

“Maybe,” Michael said. “More than likely, there’s a spotter working with him.”

“Will the spotter try to shoot?” I asked.

He shook his head. “No. He’ll probably collect their things and run.”

I stepped closer to them. “What about Lawson?”

Michael looked down at him. “It was a head shot.”

“I don’t understand,” I said. “I thought your vests protected you from things like that?”

He looked at me and there was rage in his eyes. His voice was calm though. “They do. I don’t know what happened any more than you do.”

“Is it clear to leave the apartment?” I asked.

Greta had been studying the location of the sniper the whole time. “I believe so. There’s no more activity.”

I stepped closer to the doorway and Michael stopped me with a hand planted against my chest. He looked down at me. “Be very careful,” he said.

I nodded and gave myself a shield-bubble that I could walk in like a giant hamster ball. Then I stepped outside and looked the direction Greta was looking. “Where was he?” I asked.

She pointed. “On top of those apartments.”

“On the roof?” I asked.

She nodded.

I didn’t see anything that broke the line of the roofs. I focused on my sight and willed myself to see things more clearly, as if looking through a scope or binoculars. The roofline became clear and I could see in much better detail.

I followed the line and spotted the rifle. “I see the rifle.” Then I spotted a hand holding the apex of the roof. “I don’t think he’s dead. Hurt maybe, but he’s holding onto the roof.”

Michael and Greta left the apartment and ran over to the building.

I watched their approach and climb up the stairs. I didn’t know how they’d get up onto the roof, until Michael hoisted Greta up. She moved along the roof, kicked the rifle so it slid down and fell to the ground, and then approached the man. I could tell she was talking to him without lowering her weapon. Either he had another weapon or he was acting like it. He probably didn’t want to be taken alive.

The hand let go of the roof, and Greta seemed to dive for the man. Her foot caught the apex, but they were on the other side. I couldn’t see what was going on.

Michael appeared. He eased down on the far side of the roof and then reappeared holding the man. The sniper looked dead. I focused on the sniper’s face. I could see foam at the corner of his mouth.

I shook my head and ended the spell on my vision. I looked down at Lawson. He was about my height. I stepped up to the sidewalk where his feet were. I looked at the roof where the sniper had been, and then the opposite way, along the ground. I moved around Lawson’s body and went to the area I was pretty sure the bullet would have hit the ground. I found freshly dug dirt and in it was the bullet. I picked it up and went back in the apartment.

Chloe and Ella watched me as I went to the sink and washed off the bullet.

“What are you doing?” Ella asked.

“I want to know how this bullet hit Lawson in the head rather than the vest,” I said. “Sheriff Dalton told me any ammo that might hit you in any location other than the chest area, would be drawn to your chest by the vest, thus allowing the vest to protect you.”

“So, the enchantment on his vest failed,” Ella said. “So what?”

I shook my head. “I have a theory. I need to know if it’s true or not.” Then I held up my hand, using the Magic detection spell Dalton had taught me. The bullet lit up.

“Dammit,” I said. “The bullet has Magic cast on it.”

“What?” both women asked.

I looked at Ella. “Ella, I needed your help to decipher spells. I need to know what’s on this bullet.”

She nodded and held out her hand. “Give it here.”

I gave her the bullet and watched as she set it on the counter. She waved with her hands in small intricate patterns, and then blew on the bullet, as if blowing away dust. The bullet glowed for a moment and then was still again.

Ella looked up. “The bullet was enchanted specifically to bypass the protective spells of the Deputy’s equipment.”

Michael and Greta came in then. Greta set the rifle on the counter next to the bullet and then went back outside. Michael had the sniper in a fireman’s carry. He dropped the man on my carpeted floor and then went back out to retrieve Lawson’s body. He laid Lawson down next to the sniper.

All at once, I felt bad for all the crap I gave Lawson. No, I didn’t like the guy, but I didn’t want him dead either.

Michael turned to me. “We heard Ella as we came in. That would explain why his rounds could kill Lawson but not bypass your shield.”

I shook my head and looked at him. “What?”

“Your shield was a magical construct,” he said. “It wasn’t a protective spell built into our equipment. If they had been a bit more relaxed about how the spell was constructed, then your shield wouldn’t have helped at all.”

I shook my head. “Are you missing the glaring fact that the Syndicate has bullets laced with Magic?”

He shook his head. “No. I want to know how they came into possession of such things.”

“The Guild?” Chloe offered.

He shook his head. “The Syndicate wants all of us dead, no matter our affiliations or leadership structure. They wouldn’t willingly work with any of us.”

“Then how do you explain this?” I asked, nodding at the bullet still sitting on the counter.

“I can’t,” he said. “Not yet.”

I looked from him to Greta. “Shouldn’t one of you call this in or something so the police don’t show up on my doorstep again?”

Michael nodded at the open door. “Greta is doing that now.”

For a moment the four of us stood around the island counter of my kitchen staring at the sniper rifle and bullet. Ella looked up first. “So, shouldn’t you be going to House Cerenkov now?” she asked, looking at me.

I shook my head. “I’m not sure I’m going anywhere tonight.”

In the short silence that followed, we heard the crackle of static and then a voice. “Hanson, come in. Report, Hanson, report.”

All of us turned and looked at the sniper’s body. Michael walked over and patted him down. He pulled out a small radio. He clicked the button once for the mic, but only long enough to denote it was active.

“What’s happening, Hanson?” the voice asked.

Michael looked at the rest of us. “If we could mimic Hanson’s voice, we could get more information.”

I shook my head. “I think Greta was the only one who heard his voice.”

Michael went outside. He came back in, followed by Greta. She was shaking her head. “He never said anything to me. He only glared at me and then bit down on a cyanide tooth.”

“How Cold War,” Chloe grumbled.

“It’s still effective,” Michael said. “Even today, we don’t check prisoner’s teeth.”

The radio buzzed once more, but the voice didn’t come through. Michael held it up. “More than likely, they broke the other radio so we couldn’t trace the signal.”

An idea occurred to me. I looked at Chloe. “Lord Fanelli shot himself in the head. I was convinced it was so I couldn’t glean any information from him about Valory.”

She shrugged. “So, what does that have to do with this?”

I looked over at Hanson’s body. “Cyanide eats away at human tissue sort of like acid, but it’s not that destructive.” I walked around the counter and stood over him. “What if I can pull his most recent memories?”

“That would depend on how much you can get and what they are,” Michael said.

I looked at Greta. “What do you think?”

“It’s certainly worth a try,” she said.

“Is that even possible?” Ella asked. “He’s dead. How can he have any memories?”

I studied Hanson’s face. “Memories are stored in the brain as chains of proteins. They’re some of the first things in the body to break down when the person dies, but he only died minutes ago. They should still be intact.”

“What are you waiting for then?” Chloe asked.

I nodded. “Right.” Then I knelt on the floor beside Hanson’s body. I put my hand on his forehead like I was checking him for his temperature. He was still warm, but I could tell there was no life to him. I closed my eyes and focused on gathering all of his most recent memories. If possible, everything from the last few days. I put my Will behind it, and let it flow.


Chapter 30

Gary Hanson flew into DFW International Airport Saturday night. He wasn’t here on business, at least not the kind that paid. He had already shipped himself his gear and was ready to meet with Colonel Isenberg about this Succubus problem. He caught a taxi to a warehouse in Irving.

Gary was surprised at the number of Syndicate members assembled. There had to be way more than any gathering he had ever seen. Something was definitely up. Gary went straight to the office on the upper floor. The Colonel was talking to two other men. Gary waited until they were finished and then went inside.

“We have an opportunity,” Isenberg said. “It seems these so-called Magi are defenseless in the primary hubs of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Some kind of spell is hindering all of them, keeping them from accessing their power. If they leave the area they’re back to their dangerous, depraved norms. We have to take out as many as we can before this changes.”

Gary was given a list of names. “These are some of the targets we know about,” Isenberg said. “When you clear the list, we’ll have another waiting for you.”

Gary didn’t have any issues with following his orders. He coordinated his efforts along with the other groups that were sent out to take out other targets. Other than those synchronized attacks, Gary quietly dispatched the rest of his list using various methods, just so the police wouldn’t assume they were all killed by the same person. It wouldn’t help if they were tracking him in that way.

When he finished his list, he went back to the Colonel. “I have another assignment for you,” the Colonel said. “One of our road teams has run into this boy twice. The first time, he arrived with reinforcements when the team tried to take out targets they had been assigned. The targets turned out to be heavily armed policemen of some sort. Though the boy wasn’t dressed like the others, he was armed and he stopped a flanking maneuver that should have taken all of them out.”

“The second time the team were sent after him specifically. The boy was with a woman. The men followed them off the interstate and the targets used their car to disable both trucks. The men who returned reported that both of them had access to their power. The boy seemed to exhibit the ability to either hear or read another person’s thoughts. He did this while questioning the team’s leader. Fortunately, the leader silenced himself before the boy could learn anything valuable.”

“We need this boy iced. He is far too dangerous to our efforts. It seems he isn’t affected by the spell that’s inhibiting all the others. Consider him as dangerous as any other I have sent you after before.” Then he handed Gary a folder. Gary opened it and inside was a copy of my driver’s license photo.

Gary studied the collected information. It contained my home address, information about my school attendance, the make, model, color, and license plate number of my car, and a number of other details Gary didn’t think he would need. He looked through the photos in the file. There were pictures of a number of different women as well as newer photos of men dressed in tactical gear. They weren’t police officers, but they were dangerous. Gary had run into a group like them before. He had been lucky to get away. Now, they were under this spell, whatever it was that kept them from using their power. They would be much easier to take out, as necessary.

Gary asked the Colonel about the different people. The Colonel only offered one piece of advice. “From what we’ve learned, the boy is straight, so the women are probably his victims. Consider those in the tactical gear enemy combatants.” Then the Colonel tossed Gary a box. “Oh, and to bypass their protection, try these. I’m having more made, but this first box was made specifically for you.”

Gary asked about the woman who had been with the boy, the one who had seemed to be free of the spell too.

“We’re not sure if she’s still with him. We have people looking for her.”

Gary nodded and left the office.

He left the warehouse and went to the truck one of the other members had loaned him. Just as he was about to climb inside, one of the other members caught up with him. He handed Gary a note and then left.

Gary looked at the note. All it said was, “Shoot the first person who leaves after the blonde.”

Gary thought it was strange, but didn’t dismiss it. He’d had strange notes like that before and they had turned out to be true. Then he pulled out a lighter and burned the note.

Gary drove to Arlington, found the boy’s apartment, noted all the cars in front of it, and then chose his nest. He climbed up onto the roof of an apartment north of the boy’s. Lying low, over the apex of the roof, Gary had a clear shot at the entire front yard of the boy’s apartment. All he had to do was wait. While he waited, he loaded up on the ammo the Colonel gave him.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.