Rogue Magus
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2014 by TechnicDragon

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 6 - Nominated Best Erotic Science Fiction Story 2016 -- Jordan has gone missing and Seth is determined to find her. A number of issues block his path however: Deputy Lawson wants to arrest him, the Syndicate wants him dead, and other Magi are bent on taking his power for their own. Can Seth find Jordan and finally end the Lockdown?

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Tit-Fucking   Size   Big Breasts   Public Sex   Slow   Violence  

I no more than closed my bedroom door and heard Lawson say, “Good, you’re dressed. Now, maybe we can get something done.”

“Like ending the Lockdown and finding the missing women?” I said, sticking to my plan to turn all of Lawson’s asinine comments back on him. I looked around at the rest of the team. Michael and Greta stood in my living room, waiting silently. Carlos and Wilson were in the Kitchen, drinking what looked to be my tea. I didn’t mind them helping themselves, but it seemed inappropriate since they hadn’t asked and I hadn’t offered.

I faced off with Lawson.

He nodded. “Ending the Lockdown is important. So, why don’t you tell me how to do that?”

“If I knew how, don’t you think Sheriff Dalton would have done so by now?”

His smile shifted to a sneer. “She’s not in charge now.”

“And neither are you,” I said, interrupting him. I had to take the chance that he was holding out on more information than just my alibi. “Is there anything else you failed to mention to the team?”

He studied my face, but otherwise didn’t respond. The rest of the team looked from me to him.

Lawson smiled. “I haven’t kept anything from them that was pertinent to the investigation.”

“So, my alibi wasn’t pertinent?” I asked.

“No,” He said. “It was a lie I have yet to disprove.”

“And the fact that Dalton deputized me isn’t pertinent either?” I asked.

His smile dropped. “You don’t have the training for this job.”

“That’s not a ‘no’,” I said. “Which means you knew and didn’t say anything to them.”

“As I said,” he said, sitting up straight on the stool. “I only told them what was pertinent.”

“Your lack of candor with your team notwithstanding,” I started even without full confidence in my authority, “I am running this investigation. I’m the one with the power, I am a House Lord with a personal interest to see it through, and I have the authority as a Deputy to make sure the guilty party is brought to justice.”

Lawson stared at me but didn’t say anything.

I looked around at the rest of the team. “Now, the first thing we need to do is get to the model at the school. It’s the core of the Lockdown spell. I can then determine what’s needed to shut down the Lockdown and we’ll go from there.”

“What about this other caster?” Carlos asked. “Shouldn’t we look for him?”

“Her, actually. Her name is Valory Rosenbaum. She’s a lecturer at the school and it’s very possible she’s there to help safeguard the model. In all likelihood, we’ll find her there too.”

Carlos nodded and the team went for the door. Lawson hung back and pulled me to the side.

“I don’t know what game you’re playing at you little punk, but...”

“But nothing,” I said, jerking my arm from his grip. “I had nothing to do with casting the Lockdown and I’m not about to let you mess this up for everyone else living in the area. Arresting me would only put you and that team at a disadvantage. So, suck it up and do what I tell you.”

He frowned. “You’ll mess up. You’ll mess up and I’ll be right there to make sure you go down for it.”

“If I mess up,” I said, “you won’t have to worry about. Because if I mess up, we’ll all be dead.”


We took both SUVs to the school. Michael drove Dalton’s Suburban, and Greta and I rode with him. Lawson, Carlos, and Wilson took the other one.

I knew something was wrong before we even got to the Architecture building. Police, fire, and emergency units were all over the place. There were students and faculty watching the building from marked off distances. Then I spotted a large truck marked APD Bomb Squad.

“Bomb squad?” asked Greta. “What are they doing here?”

I shook my head. “I don’t know and I don’t like it.”

“It wouldn’t be a coincidence,” Michael said.

“Valory wouldn’t let a real bomb threaten her plans,” I said. “However, she may have called in a bomb threat to help keep me from the model.”

Greta looked at me. “She knows you’re trying to stop her?”

I nodded. “Just as I know she cast the Lockdown.” I met Greta’s eyes. “We shared memories. That’s how I know. That’s how she knows.”

We pulled into the faculty parking area across West Nedderman from the Architecture building. The police were using it as their staging area and had cleared out about a third of the parked cars there. Michael didn’t bother with proper parking. He pulled up next to the entrance for the Maverick Activities Center and killed the engine. Lawson pulled up beside us.

Michael, Greta, and I got out. I didn’t see the others, so I went to talk to Lawson. He rolled down his window and said, “There’s no point in this. We won’t get past the police dressed like we are.”

I nodded. “Fortunately, I know a disguise spell that will help.”

Lawson shook his head. “I’m not going in. If you get caught, you’ll be arrested.”

I remembered how I eased my way past the nurses in the hospital the night before, acting as a doctor. If Cassandra had tried to tag along, worried about getting caught, then we would have been. I nodded at Lawson. “Okay, stay here. Talk to the police and see if you can find out when this started.”

He shook his head again. “Find out yourself. Carlos, Wilson, and I are going to find Valory Rosenbaum’s home and check that out. She might be there or even have left clues that’ll help.”

I didn’t like the idea of Lawson going off on his own. He might try to bring in someone else to try to arrest me.

Michael interrupted my thought process. “Lawson could be on to something. If we shut down the Lockdown and they find Valory at the same time, they would have the element of surprise. It would work in everyone’s favor.”

I sighed and nodded. “Fine. Go to her house, but if she’s there, hold off on trying to arrest her until you get the go ahead from us. We’ll only call when the Lockdown had been cleared.”

“And if we find her but you can’t clear the Lockdown?”

I looked at him. “Just keep tabs on her. Don’t do anything until you get the all-clear.”

“Whatever you say, boss,” he said, rolled up the window and drove away.

I shook my head. “Why does he have to be such an ass?”

“It’s the way he handles stress,” Greta said.

I looked at her. “You’ve worked with him before?”

She nodded. “He’s not really that bad. I’ve worked with worse.” Then she looked at me. “Now, about your spell...”

I nodded and looked around. I spotted officers keeping the crowds back. I took in details of their uniforms and then closed my eyes. Unlike the day before, when I allowed my magic to choose the texture and colors randomly, I focused on the details of the uniform, keeping the details the same as those of the officers.

I opened my eyes and looked. The only thing I was missing was the hat. Greta looked suitably impressed and pulled out three ball caps for us to wear. Once I changed the ball caps to look like the officers’ hats and changed Michael’s and Greta’s clothes to match the uniforms, we headed to the Architecture building.

The other officers didn’t give us any problems when we crossed the line and no one stopped us when we went inside the building, which surprised me.

Other officers were heading for the exits. One of them stopped and said, “We’ve finished checking all of the rooms. The building is clear. Why are you here?”

I drew a blank, but Michael had an answer ready. “We were told about a couple of teacher’s aides who don’t work in their offices. We’re going to check to make sure they’re out too.”

The officer nodded. “Hurry. Bomb squad is still looking for the device. We have no idea when it’ll go off.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.