Rogue Magus
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2014 by TechnicDragon

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Nominated Best Erotic Science Fiction Story 2016 -- Jordan has gone missing and Seth is determined to find her. A number of issues block his path however: Deputy Lawson wants to arrest him, the Syndicate wants him dead, and other Magi are bent on taking his power for their own. Can Seth find Jordan and finally end the Lockdown?

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Magic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Tit-Fucking   Size   Big Breasts   Public Sex   Slow   Violence  

Finding the hospital wasn’t an issue. Google Maps helped with that. However, finding the hospital where Dalton had been taken for her specific injuries was a different matter. Oddly, I knew which one she would have gone to. I also knew the layout and where to find her inside. I could only guess that the rumor about a Padrone gaining the experience of a Stirpe was true, and it seemed to go beyond Magical knowledge and experience.

I had one Stirpe, Emma Barrett, and she was a Cardiologist. I could easily recite any number of medical terms, not to mention a number of heart related issues that she handled for patients. Knowing the location and layout of the hospital was a small part of what I had gained. The real question was, how to convince the nursing staff to let me in to see Dalton.

It was very late when Cassandra and I arrived at Medical Center Arlington. Everything was locked to everyone but those who had a security card, which I did not. The only open doors led to the Emergency Room. I parked near there and said, “I’m going to need a badge to get in.”

“Where are you going to get that?” Cassandra asked, watching a very large man being helped inside by two other men.

“I’m going to fake one,” I said. I pulled out my wallet and chose my medical insurance card. It was very close to the same size as the security cards used by the hospital. I thought about the spell I used to change my appearance earlier in the day, only this time I wanted to change the appearance of my card. Thanks to Emma’s knowledge, I knew what the card should look like and what it should say. It also included my photo with a soft green background. Keeping those details in my mind’s eye, I held the card between my hands, sandwiched between my palms. My Intent was there, my Magic was ready, and with the push of my Will everything came together to produce the effect I wanted.

I held up the card. In the dim light from the overhead parking lights, it looked correct. It even had the hole at the top for a lanyard. I showed it to Cassandra.

She blinked at it and then compared the photo to me. “It’s you, but not you.”

“What do you mean?”

She shook her head. “I can’t explain it.”

I took the card and pulled down the visor to look at myself in the mirror. At first, I didn’t see anything wrong. Then I understood the problem. “It’s me as I look in the mirror.”

“Can you fix it?”

“I’m not going to worry about it. As long as the nurses recognize me.”

“The nurses are required to watch for missing or wrong details. If they think your ID is fake, they’ll likely call the police. It’s a felony, impersonating a doctor.”

I sighed and held the card the same way again. Another pass of energy, intent, and will and the photo was correct.

Once Cassandra was satisfied, we went inside.

There were about a dozen people waiting in the ER, but there were no nurses at the station. The doors leading further into the hospital were locked. There was a swipe pad on the wall next to them, but I knew my card wouldn’t work. Making my card look like a security badge was one thing, but turning it into a key was something else altogether.

“Can I help you?” asked a female voice.

I turned to find a heavy-set, dark skinned woman who looked both formidable and unhappy. I approached her and said, “I need to see a patient but my security card isn’t working.”

She held out a hand and flicked her fingers in a ‘gimme’ gesture.

I handed it over, expecting her to only look it over, but she turned to a computer and started typing.

I glanced at Cassandra, expecting the nurse to make a phone call next.

“I’m sorry,” the nurse said, “but you’re not in the system.” She turned and held out the card to me.

I took it and jumped at the opening she left me. “I guess security hasn’t put me in yet. I’m not supposed to start for another couple of days.”

She looked me over and then looked at Cassandra. “So, why are you here in the dead of night to see a patient?”

I shrugged. “I got a call.”

“Which patient?” she asked.

“Dallas Sheriff Stephanie Dalton,” I said, glad I didn’t have to lie about that.

The nurses’ whole attitude changed with my answer. “Oh!” she said, relief wiping away her surly expression. She nodded at the locked doors and hit a button under the counter. “Go on in. She’s been yelling for a doctor all night.”

I nodded and headed for the doors.

“I’ll be right here,” Cassandra said and gave me a quick kiss.

I made my way back to the inpatient rooms and heard Dalton before I saw her. She was in a room, yelling at someone. A second later, a nurse came out and ducked to the side just as a bed pan hit the doorway.

The nurse looked up and spotted me. Her expression told me the choice she had made, to deal with me rather than go back in the room with Dalton. I didn’t blame her. “Who are you?”

I showed her my ‘security badge’ and asked, “Is that Sheriff Dalton?”

Similar to the ER nurse, this one wasn’t afraid to let me see the relief on her face. “I’m glad you’re here. She’s been complaining about pain, but she was given a dose of morphine about an hour ago. She should be sleeping like a rock.”

I nodded. “I’ll look at her chart and see what can be done.”

“If I thought I’d get away with it, I’d give her a sedative.”

I didn’t say anything, but I gave her a look that made her shy away and go back to her other duties.

I went to Dalton’s room and looked inside. She was sitting up in bed with her legs crossed, her arms crossed over her belly like she was holding herself together, and shaking with silent sobs. The hospital was quiet, so I didn’t have to speak very loudly to be heard. “Are you always this pleasant or is it because you’re in a hospital?”

She looked up with a seething retort ready, but then she saw me and confusion overrode her anger. At least, it did briefly. “What the hell are you doing here?”

“What?” I asked, stepping into the room and pushing the door closed. “I’m not allowed to visit?”

“It’s the middle of the night, Seth. Visiting hours ended hours ago.” Then she paused and her voice softened a touch. “What happened?”

Her room wasn’t anything like those you see on TV. She didn’t have a glass wall with a sliding glass door. It was a solid wall with a normal, very heavy door that was meant to keep noise out of the room so the patient could rest. It also meant no one standing right outside was likely to hear anything we said as long as we kept our voices down. I hadn’t given the nurse any reason to come back any time soon, so I felt comfortable talking. However, should she come in, I wanted to at least look like I was doing what I said I would.

I walked over to the foot of Dalton’s bed and picked up the clipboard.

“What are you doing?” Dalton asked.

I tossed my ‘security card’ on the bed near her and said, “I’m checking your chart to see if I can help.”

She looked at my card and then tossed it back at me. “You’re going to get caught,” she said.

I shook my head. “Emma is a doctor,” I said and gave Dalton a meaningful look.

She frowned at me and then her eyes widened. “You shouldn’t be telling me that.”

I shrugged. “I trust you not to say anything.”

“Like I could anyway,” she said. “Now why are you really here?”

I was only playing at looking at her chart, but I saw the exact information the nurse had already told me. “It says here you were given a dose of morphine an hour ago.”

Dalton’s face was inscrutable. “That’s news to me.”

“Well, I don’t blame you for being angry.”

“I’m not angry, I’m in pain.”

I nodded and thumbed at the door. “How long has that nurse been here?”

“That’s the first time I’ve seen her. Why?”

“Well, if you were supposed to get that shot an hour ago, either someone dropped the ball or they stole it.”

“It’s not like you can do anything about it either way,” she said.

I pulled out the attached pen and added the new dose. Then I signed it as illegibly as possible. “I can at least make sure you get the meds you were supposed to get.”

“That’s not your job,” she said with a growl.

“You know, after telling me you’re in pain rather than angry, growling doesn’t have the same affect.”

She pointed at the door. “Get out.”

I went to the door with her chart in hand. “Okay, but I’ll be back.”

“No. Wait!” she called after me.

I found the nurse doing her rounds. I instructed her to get Dalton another dose of Morphine. She left to get it and I checked the charts on her clipboard for the name of the nurse she relieved. I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with the name yet, but I didn’t believe this was the first time this had happened. Call me cynical, but it was too much of a coincidence that Dalton came in after being shot by a member of the Syndicate and then the nurse that was supposed to administer morphine, didn’t give her any meds at all. I went back to Dalton’s room with my theory.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.