Starting Back When - Cover

Starting Back When

Copyright© 2014 by LittleSully

Chapter 15

The next morning, I pulled Selma aside before we left the hut.

"Selma, I need your help, "I said.

"Whatever you need my mate," she said.

"You know of the child augurs?" I asked.

"Of course I do," she said, "Did they tell you something?

"They told me I needed two more bonded mates before winter and that you would help me find them."

"Ah, I see," she said. "The little buggers hung explaining things on me didn't they?" she asked smiling. "Let's get the other ladies and we'll all go meet the last two of your mates together."

We left the village by the back gate and traveled northeast for about 20 minutes on a well-worn path. We came to a clear open area with two huts and a spring fed pond. It was a nice area.

When we stopped in front of the huts, an old woman came out and shouted, "You are finally here!"

Two twin women of about 18 or 19 years old stepped forward and took turns locking eyes with me and blushing. They had a striking resemblance to Selma but were a little younger. Their almost black hair and doe brown eyes were almost hypnotic. Mira and Adak walked past all of us and into the hut on the left.

The old woman stepped forward and said, "I am called Helga the Old. Once, long ago, great and fearsome warriors walked this world. They had power over the beasts and elements and warred with each other constantly. The builders in their wrath removed these warriors from our world and created an era of relative peace on this world. That golden era has come to an end with your arrival."

"Why is that?" I asked.

"Have you noticed that people and beasts keep trying to kill you?" the old woman asked me.

"I have been wondering about it to be sure. I have tried to live peacefully but people keep attacking me and trying to kill me over what I consider small things," I said.

"It's because you have been touched by the builders. It's in our nature to destroy the touched ones. Men and mated women hate you and unmated or widowed women will throw themselves at you. It's part of the curse. I have been waiting for a long time to meet you and help you fulfill your purpose on this world," she said.

"I was told my purpose was to help repopulate the planet," I said with conviction.

"That is only part of it. The rest was to remain hidden from you until certain stipulations were met. Once these stipulations are met, I can finish my life's work and things will change drastically for you. I wish you had been at that point before meeting my great grandson Karrak but there was nothing I could do at that time to assist you."

"For what it's worth, I never intended to kill him or anyone else for that matter. I never picked a fight but so far, I haven't lost one either. I'm glad to be alive to fulfill my blood oath to my mates."

"You have heard an augur's words about a legendary warrior have you not?" she asked.

"I have heard it twice," I stated. "I have no interest in being a chief though."

Helga the Old laughed and said, "You have heard only part of the true prophesy but not all of it. The complete prophesy is: "When the world is renewed and old ways give way to the new, a warrior like none other will come from another place. He will be touched by the builders and have to fight to survive. The warrior will tame beasts, live with wolves and be invincible in battle. He will gather to himself ten widows as his mates and teach them about love. You will know him by his shining weapons, his mating staff and his strength. He will be lover, father and protector of the people and a great chief. He be the master of ancient powers and use them for the good of all."

"Aww Fuck Me! I've been had," I complained. "They held back a hell of a lot of information from me!"

All of the women around me giggled and laughed at my words as I continued to rant. I called Andso everything but a nice guy.

When I ran out of steam, Helga gestured to the twins and they stepped over to stand beside her. Both of them held a wooden figurine in their hand. Helga nodded to them and they knelt on the ground.

"These are my great, great, great granddaughters. Their names are Thelma and Velma. Their mother was Nelda the same as Selma. They are her younger sisters and are obviously twins. They are widows and have been living here with me and waiting for the real prophesy to be fulfilled. Their fate is to be the last of your ten mates. They are good women and deserve to be mated to a man who understands love."

She began the blood oath ritual, "In the earth mother's presence and under father sky, I Helga, daughter of Griselda give what remains of my family as my blood oath requires into Frank's care and by this action uphold my oath to the builders to prepare the way for him. May they live together in love and honor forever." Helga used a small flint knife to cut into the skin just below Thelma and Velma's belly buttons, to draw out some blood and wiped it on the carved images each of them held. Then she held them out toward me.

Cutting into my hand, I gave my oath: "I, Frank, give my blood oath to Thelma and Velma. I also honor grandmother Helga the Old. Before the earth mother and under father sky I promise I will care for Thelma and Velma and protect them for as long as blood flows through my veins. I hold them in high regard and promise to always help them and be a good provider so that we have many children to love. I hope that we can live together in love, peace and happiness."

I reached for the carved figurines to accept them from Helga and she shook her head at me.

"All of the figurines must be gathered together at once before I release these to you," she said.

"I have Selma's but the other seven are at our camp," I told her.

"You must bring them here. My time grows short now that I have fulfilled my purpose. There isn't enough time for you to run there and get them. You must call them to you across the distance right now or the magic will be undone," she said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.