Endings and Beginnings - Cover

Endings and Beginnings

Copyright© 2014 by DormDad

Chapter 4: Four Strands of Yarn

The trial was over and I could care less they were only worried about saving their collective asses from whatever fallout would come from the situation. I tried to tell them several times during the proceedings what I had done and why. The only thing they wanted to know was I in league with anyone? Did I make the Bio-weapons to target the Middle Eastern Community on my own or were there others? These questions were the only ones to which the tribunal wanted to investigate.

Was I guilty? This was finally asked by the head of the Tribunal. My lawyer threw a hissy-fit when I asked to speak directly to them. My speech was fairly short and I had to keep it as non-technical as possible. I had two parts but once they heard the first they were not interested in the second.

What did I say? Here is what I remember as the court records are undoubtedly sealed:

I am guilty of removing those who you could or would not. I did the deed and expect to pay for that with my life. I could not think of a worse fate to become those people than to take away everything that they are and were. No more strife because of them. No economic slowdowns or wars began by them. The only way to do this was to put our Nations military on a killing spree and have remove them all with extreme prejudice. Men, women and children.

The question came from the bench "why children?"

To b e blunt nits make lice and children grow up and you would have reverse of my situation. You choose what you now make of this world.

My last view was to be of a big wooden chair. I was turned and was sit upon it and then electricity would be coursing through me in high voltage with the result being I would die.

On February 29, 2-- at 12 midnight the good/not so good doctor rode the lightning passing away without further comment or sound. The world did not know how to react ... Was it supposed to cheer the death of a global killer or applaud the man who removed a deadly menace from our midst?

Chapter?

We are left his legacy. The doctor gave us peace, but at a price many of us would have been unwilling to pay. Our DNA/RNA has changed. He predicted that nearly all illness and even death would be reduced and it has. The problem now is how do we house those who are here that would have died from old age, war? We hope to fling ourselves into space. Colonize other planets and hope that our compassion keeps us from making such terrible mistakes.

There are those of us who salute the doctor though. He provided a better tomorrow. Some say price was too high. You be the judge.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.