Sagging Boobs, Ugly Nipples
Chapter 2: Crow for lunch, With a Side of Foot

Copyright© 2014 by qhml1

Norma spent a restless night. If she had her own transportation, she would have left first thing.

Sherrie was upbeat and supportive.

"I bet he's forgotten all about it. Just go come to work and do your best, it'll be fine, you'll see."

She didn't believe a word but had nothing to lose. As it turned out, she didn't even see Charlie again for two weeks. Seemed he like to spend most of his time at the factory or in his private shop, designing furniture.

After the divorce, he got away from traditional furniture and specialized in kitchens and children's rooms.

He was propelled into the mainstream when he did some furniture for a lawyer friend of his, who shared the pictures with his brother, also a lawyer on the West coast. He was an entertainment lawyer, and one of his clients was a popular singer. The singer was also a friend, and he showed the pictures to him.

One thing led to another, and Charley ended up doing the furniture for his new getaway cabin, if you can call a four thousand foot, multilevel house a cabin.

Architectural Digest did a story, and the photos and personal endorsements of his work propelled him into the mainstream. They did a back story with photos of Charley, Sherrie, and David, in the factory and her design studio.

The local TV station did a segment on them, and one of the cable networks did a half hour show on their home and garden channel.

Already busy, suddenly they were swamped. They added workers and expanded the production floor, and still turned away work. Charley refused to substitute quantity for quality.

A developer in Raleigh, N.C. was an old friend, and when he decided to do an upscale condo project, he called Charley. After meeting with Sherrie and David to get their input, they committed to the plan. Twenty seven luxury condos, all designed and furnished by Charley and company, to the specifications of the owners.

They had had contracts approved for half the units before ground was broken. Sherrie and Norma were in for long hours and a grueling schedule.

Out of the blue, Charley called and asked her to lunch the next day. Her behavior came rushing back to her, but you don't say no to your boss, and agreed to be picked up at noon.

He picked her up in his four door, four wheel drive truck, apologizing, he had been out in the field and hadn't had time to change clothes or vehicles. She had never ridden in something so large or sat so high off the ground.

He had on a faded denim shirt over a black t shirt and worn jeans. He took her to a small diner she had never noticed before, even though she went right by it everyday to and from work.

"I'll take you somewhere more upscale next time, I promise. The food here is quite good though. Shall we?"

He opened the door and helped her out, reminding her to watch her step down.

The place was homey, everybody was friendly, and they all seemed to know Charley. They gave her a menu and brought water and a sweetened tea for him.

"Ya'll know what you want yet?" said the middle aged waitress, holding her pad.

Charley started to order but she interrupted him.

"Hush, Charley, I know what you want. Fried chicken thigh, okra, and mashed potatoes. I was talking to your friend. The meatloaf is really good today, sugar, just saying."

She could smell it and her stomach rumbled. Making a promise to spend extra time on the Stair master, she took the meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and creamed corn.

She brought out the order and a platter of homemade biscuits.

They ate in silence, enjoying the meal.

The waitress bustled back out.

"Chocolate pie, carrot cake, or banana pudding?"

She groaned. He laughed.

"Go on, if you don't, I'm going to eat mine in front of you, smack my lips and talk about how good it is. You'll hate me before I'm done."

Two chocolate pies and coffee, and they weren't small pieces.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.