The Candidate - Cover

The Candidate

Copyright© 2014 by Eagleye

Chapter 4

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 4 - Evolving story of a rich man and a worthy candidate for US Senate. Event-driven, rather than character-driven. Sex will come in the sequel.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic   Fiction  

There were perhaps 100 people gathered around the deli shop, aka former train station, awaiting her 'speech.' Now, out of a town of perhaps 1,000, that wasn't a bad turnout. What was more interesting were the two television cameras I saw focused on the rear of the observation car. Brady had been doing his job, for once. I couldn't guess how many print reporters there might be in the crowd, but I hoped for at least a few. Barbara stepped up the microphone on the observation platform that was connected to four speakers mounted on the top of the passenger car. It really did feel like Truman, though I think he had eight speakers. Well, from humble beginnings.

For 0900 on a late October morning in this northern part of the country, the weather was quite balmy. 65 degrees, clear skies, and one couldn't hope for better weather for such an occasion.

'Friends and allies of our state, thank you for coming to hear me this morning. I very much appreciate it. I'm Barbara Roberts and I'm running for the US Senate and I would be most welcoming of your support. We're in an uphill battle against an aging, do-nothing incumbent who hasn't brought home the bacon in many years. Now I'm not saying I support pork barrel funding, but there have been numerous funding opportunities that our state hasn't had the advantage of because our current Senator was too busy with something else than the welfare of our state. I promise to pay much more attention to our needs.

'My opponents, including the incumbent, and my other opposition, have offered nothing to change the status quo. I am offering a platform of rural economic reform, strengthening communities such as yours for access to the latest in technology, to provide a firm platform of learning for our young people so they may have a substantial lift in their lives as they go forward to enter the job market. I am also deeply concerned about how to keep our young folk from leaving their home towns, separating families, and instead create ways for them to hang around here, help sustain our communities, grow families and find good paying jobs here at home. I think we can make that happen if we work together.

'I recently visited with a rural school superintendent who laid out a host of problems in providing good education to their students. His district is underfunded due to problems with how state revenue is distributed between rural and urban school districts. We had a heart-to-heart about what kinds of solutions would work to bring them more in line with state standards. We came away with agreements and consensus. That's what I will work for in the US Senate: consensus, not partisan bickering like we see now, and which is getting our state and our country nowhere. We see it on TV and in the newspapers every day. Gridlock. We can do better than this, and with your help, we can.

'I know the paper mills have been shutting down, sold by high finance companies in New York, but part of that is because of the loss of good transportation alternatives. My new friend, Frank Jacobs, president of this railroad, is a good solid Republican, has been all his life. But he has been frustrated with our good solid Republican House of Representatives and our good solid Republican governor, who have all seemed to turn their backs on our people for the sake of their own power and control. They have forgotten whom they are supposed to serve: their constituents. When is the last time our great Senator has been in Rupert Falls to listen to your concerns, and ask how he can help? Nadda. I have 'fact checked.' I know he spends most of his time in Washington DC and when he comes home to our state, he hides out in our major city. He doesn't show any care for you folk. I promise, I will be back here in town meetings frequently to talk directly with you. You are whom I wish to serve. We can do better than what we've suffered from before.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.