Virgil - Cover

Virgil

Copyright© 2014 by Levi Charon

Chapter 4

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 4 - Young Derek takes on the job of looking after his neighbor's cat while she's away. As it turns out, the cat has a special talent that leads the young man to some amazing adventures.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Consensual  

I sure as heck couldn't confide in my folks about what went on with Kristen, but Millie was ready to listen. I wasn't heartbroken about her walking out, but I was pretty upset about it. I was sitting at Millie's kitchen table a couple of hours after the big blow-up, and we were drinking iced tea.

She listened to the whole story, then reached across the table and held my hand. "Derek, you know you did exactly the right thing. I completely understand your wanting to help your friend, but it turned out to be a mine field, didn't it?"

"Jeez, Millie, it's hard for me to believe she could even say anything that stupid. There has to be a better way to deal with bad parents than messing up your own life. Why would she do that?"

"Look, Derek, you don't know what she's been through, so you really can't judge the state of her mind. Of course, there are better ways, but maybe she's in a place right now where she can't see them. Maybe she's really that desperate. You were smart not to get sucked into becoming part of the problem, but that doesn't mean you can't be supportive if she comes back to you for help. If she doesn't, then that's that. You did what you knew to be the right thing."

Then she laughed and said, "And you were right about that other thing. I would have told you to go buy your own damn condoms. The present I gave you was just a starter kit, and good on you for remembering to use them!"

"Yeah, well, I'm sure glad I ran into you before I ran into her. It could have been a disaster."

"Yes, it could have, but it wasn't, at least not for you. Now! I suggest you go back to Mrs. Wilson's house and make damn sure it's as clean and neat as she left it. People know their own little worlds, and she'll know immediately if things are out of place. If it had been my house you used like that without my permission, I'd have plenty to say about it."

I heaved a big sigh, "Yeah, you're right. I'll make sure everything's put back in order before she gets home. I'll have to replace some of the food Kristen ate. I guess I better tell Mrs. Wilson all about it when she gets home, anyway, huh? I mean, except for the sex stuff."

Millie cautioned, "I wonder if that would be wise. She's been good to you, and you don't want to chance losing her trust. Plus, if you spill it all, there's a good chance it's going to get back to you parents. I'd recommend that you take this as a lesson learned and move on."


I went back to my daily routine; feeding Virgil, scooping his litter box and mowing the lawn. I stopped feeding Virgil at night because he just wouldn't eat it. I'd swear he lost at least five pounds in the last four weeks. He seemed healthy and acted like he had a lot more energy, but I wasn't sure what Mrs. Wilson was going to think about it when she saw him.

I kept expecting her to show up back home any day, but then Mom got a call from her saying her sister was still real sick and that she was gonna stay for at least a couple more weeks. I didn't mind because that was another hundred bucks for me. Hiding Kristen wound up costing me a lot of cash, so I needed it.

Virgil was practically living outside during the daytime. He'd shoot out the door as soon as I opened it in the morning. Usually, he'd just find a sunny spot somewhere and do exactly what he did in the front room window; nothing.

It was the week after Kristen took off that he was back to his old tricks again. I'd just let him out and put his food and water on the back step, when he let out a loud yowl. For a moment, I thought he'd hurt himself, but when I looked up, he was just sitting by the gate, waiting to be let out. I guess the 'yowl' was to get my attention.

I thought about ignoring him, but I knew if I did that, he'd just jump the fence like he did before. He had me trained and he knew it. When I opened the gate, he strolled out into the alley and looked back at me. I watched to see where he was headed. He wandered down the alley toward Millie's and stopped about half way to look over his shoulder. I guess he was waiting for me to follow him because, when he saw me still standing by the gate, he sat down and waited.

OK, this is gonna sound real weird, but it started to soak into my brain that Virgil was taking me places that were special, if you get my meaning. Just think about it; the only two times he left the yard was when he led me to Millie's back yard and when he led me to Kristen's back yard.

Now, there's no way in hell I can prove it, but I think Virgil was looking after my love life. He seemed to have a sense of where the good stuff was.

"Why would he do that?" you might ask.

To which I'd answer, "What? I'm suppose to be an expert in cat logic?"

Well, you can believe it or not, but guess what happened next! I followed him down the alley, right past Millie's to the end of the block. He looked both ways and sprinted into the next alley. So did I. About half way down that block, he stopped, looked to the left and shot through some tall hedges.

As I neared where he went in, I heard something like squeaking or whimpering. When I stood on my tiptoes to look over the hedge, there was a little spaniel pup that looked like he was strangling on a rope tied around his neck. It was attached to a clothes line pole and I guess he'd circled it enough that he'd run out of slack. Now, he was all tangled up in it and lying on his side, his head drooping and his tongue hanging out of his mouth. He looked like he was dang near dead!

Virgil couldn't have heard the puppy struggling from a block away, could he? Well, whether he did or not, now wasn't the time to waste precious seconds thinking about it! I pushed through the hedge and rushed over to get him untangled. I managed to get the rope untied and was holding his limp body and rubbing his back to try to stimulate him when his owner came out the back door.

"Hey!" she shouted, "What the hell are you doing to my dog?"

I looked up and shouted back, "I'm trying to save his life, that's what! He was strangling on this rope!"

"He was?" She rushed over and knelt beside me. "Oh god! Is he all right?"

It looked like he was breathing better and his eyes were open and looking around. "I think maybe he's starting to come around, but he looked about half dead when I found him."

I started to hand the pup to her when he suddenly woke up and went crazy, wiggling and scratching at my hands. Then he took a chomp and sunk his little needle-teeth into my thumb. Damn, it hurt!

"Ouch! Shit, he bit me!"

"Oh, dear! I'm so sorry!" She took him from me and cuddled him to her breast, scratching his ears. That seemed to settle him right down. I guess he must have got scared when he woke up and snapped at the first thing he could get his teeth into.

"That's OK. He's just a pup, so how much damage can he do?"

"Enough that you're bleeding!" she said, nodding at my thumb.

Blood was running down my hand and wrist. He must have bit deeper than I thought. "Dang! I better get it washed off."

She stood and said, "Yes, you better. Come on inside and I'll help you get it cleaned up, then I'll put a bandage on it. Thank goodness, he's had all his shots."

I looked around and spotted Virgil sitting a few feet away. "Uh, no, that's OK. I can do it after I get my cat back home. That's what I was doing when I saw your dog; chasing my cat."

She looked over at him and said, "Gosh! He's a big one, isn't he?" Then she looked back at me and insisted, "No, you come on in the house and let me take care of that bite. It's the least I can do!"

It was obvious she wasn't going to take 'no' for an answer. "Well, OK, but there's no need to put yourself out."

"Nonsense! First of all, I'm a nurse and I know how to do these things, and besides, this puppy belongs to my little girl, so I'm responsible. And you did save his life."

Inside, she put the puppy in a cardboard box, and stood me at the kitchen sink and made me wash my hands for a good two or three minutes with soap and real hot water before pouring some antiseptic on the punctures and putting a bandage over them.

"There," she said, "that should do it. Now, you keep that clean and watch for any signs of infection. If it swells up and gets warm to the touch, you go right to a doctor and get it looked at, OK? If there are any medical expenses, you bring them to me."

"Thanks, but I'm sure it'll be all right."

I heard little footsteps running into the kitchen and turned to see a little girl about three years old come to a stop by the table. "Mommy, who's that man?" she demanded.

The woman knelt down and hugged her daughter. "That's the man who just saved your new puppy from getting hurt really bad. Can you tell him 'thank you'?"

"Thank you." She grinned at me as she edged over to hide behind her mommy's leg.

"You're welcome. Can you tell me your name?"

"Molly."

"Molly! Gee, that's a pretty name. And you're a pretty girl, Molly."

She giggled. "What's your name?"

"I'm Derek. I live in the next block."

She giggled again and said, "Derek is a funny name."

I agreed, "Yeah, it is kinda funny, isn't it?"

Her mommy joined the conversation, "Well, I think it's a very nice name." She stuck out her hand and introduce herself, "My name's Annie."

We shook hands.

Molly looked up and asked, "Mommy, is Derek gonna be my new daddy?"

Annie brought her hands up to her face and blushed. Then she and I looked at each other and busted out laughing. She knelt down and hugged her little girl. "No, honey! I'm sure Derek would make a very good daddy, but we just met, and we don't even know each other. How about if we say that Derek can be our friend? Is that OK?"

I had to assume from Molly's remarks that Annie was recently divorced or widowed. I didn't think it would be polite to ask, though.

Molly reached up and took one of my fingers and asked, "Do you want to play with me? I have a new doll house!"

I knelt down to eye level and said, "I'd love to play with you, Molly, but I have to take my cat home."

She didn't give up easily. "Then, could you play?"

I stood and looked at Annie, wanting her to get me out of this. She smiled and said, "She seems to have taken a shine to you, Derek."

I laughed and kidded, "Well, I do have that affect on women. What can I say?"

"Yeah," she agreed, looking me up and down, "I can see that. Um, I don't suppose you ever do any babysitting, do you?"

"Babysitting? Well, I never have, but then, nobody ever asked me. I guess I wouldn't mind, I mean if you needed a baby sitter some time."

"I know this is out of the blue, Derek, but I was invited to a friends house for a late dinner this evening and I was about to call and beg off because my regular babysitter canceled on me. I know it's short notice, but I'd sure appreciated it if you could help me out. I think I'm a pretty good judge of character, and you seem like the kind of young man who can be trusted. Especially since you've already played the hero and come to our puppy's rescue. What do you say?"

"You mean tonight?"

"Yes. About seven, if you could manage it. I'd only be gone until around eleven or so."

"Well, I suppose I could, but I need to check with my mom, first. Can I use your phone?"

She took her cell out of her jeans pocket and handed it over. I called home and asked if it would be OK if I babysat until around midnight. Mom asked to speak to Annie, so I handed over the phone. They talked for a while and Annie explained what happened with the puppy and how her little girl took to me right off and wanted me to come over and play. Annie handed back the phone and Mom asked if I felt comfortable taking care of child Molly's age.

"Sure, Mom! I think it'd be fun. Is it OK?" She agreed.

I handed Annie back her phone and said, "So, is a quarter to seven early enough?"

"That'll do just fine, Derek. I can't tell you how much I appreciate this. I'll give Molly her bath and get her into her PJ's before you get here. She'll probably crash at around eight or so, so you can spend most of the evening watching TV or whatever. Is five dollars an hour OK with you?"

"I don't know anything about babysitter wages, but it sounds fair to me. I knelt and spoke to Molly, "How about if I come back later and we can play with your doll house. Would you like that?"

She stole my heart when she hugged my neck and yelled, "Yes! And you can read me a story, too!"

"I'd love to read you a story! We'll decide which one when I come back, OK?"

I checked on the puppy, then headed for the back door. "Guess I better collect my cat and get him home. See you two tonight."

I headed down the alley with Virgil following close behind. I tried to carry him, but he just jumped out of my hands. "Well, this isn't exactly what I was expecting, Virgil. Here I was thinking your were leading me to a new adventure in sex, and you show me a strangling dog. And a babysitting job."


When I knocked on her front door at 6:45, Annie answered. She was all dressed up in a super hot-looking, form-fitting dress and high heels. Her hair was done up in some kind of arrangement on top of her head that defied gravity. I thought she looked kinda pretty when I saw her that morning in jeans and an old shirt, but all dressed up, she looked amazing!

"Hi, Derek! Come on in. Molly's been driving me nuts, asking when you were going to be here about every two minutes."

I stepped inside and laid on the compliments, "Wow! You really look beautiful, Annie! I'll bet you're gonna be the center of attention at the party."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.