Protection and Preservation, Book 09 - Cover

Protection and Preservation, Book 09

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 3

[Charlie writes from Italy]

As we walked away from talking to Mom Mel, I wondered about Andrea becoming pregnant within a year. She said, "Charles, what do you think about fatherhood?"

"Andrea, I'm ready when you are. By now, most couples we know are parents or the wife is pregnant. You remember Bess announced that she was pregnant just before we left. That's why they didn't come this time."

"Should we have waited or should I go off birth control now, Charles?"

"Andrea, we march to our own drummer. We have a long life before us. We still have twelve months before we have to wonder about Mom's prediction."

"Yes, but I wouldn't bet against it. I think when we return, I will go off control and then we'll just have to see what happens and when."

She hesitated. "Charles, what about Bobbi? I'm concerned. I thought she and Jacob had the majority of the bond involved with the Trio"

"I did, too, though I hadn't thought about it much. It just that they were the beginning. Perhaps many of us had it wrong. Mom Mel was clear that SJ and Jacob would stay together while Bobbi would take a different path. Though she said Bobbi would be fine, I can't help but wonder what shape that path will take."

I watched Mel walk up to Janice and they went off by themselves to talk. Andrea's parents came up and we talked a while. Andrea's father said, "This looks like a happier, less stressful community than when we were here before. Last time, I felt concern to have Mindy walking around by herself. She still gets looks just like you do, Andrea, but they aren't as lustful. There truly seems to be a different attitude."

Andrea nodded. "I feel it. Last time, I felt like a piece of meat. This time, they still look but the attitude is different."

Mindy nodded and then said, "I wonder when Bobbi is going to formalize the break up with Jacob and SJ."

Three heads snapped. I got in first. "You see it, too?"

"I've seen it coming since before the last trip. More and more, Bobbi was taking a secondary role to SJ in the relationship and with Jacob. I have felt it would come to a head sooner or later. It looks like it may be now.

"Charlie, it's like your mother, Janice. If some other of her spouses was a 'front man' type, there would have been problems. Melissa doesn't want to be and Pam made a decision before Janice and Bennie joined them not to be. Neither of your dads likes to speak in public so it worked out.

"In the Trio, you have three outgoing personalities involved. I am surprised that they haven't torn their relationship apart before now. However, SJ and Bobbi are at odds. If one of them exits and I think it will be Bobbi, then the other two might stay together."

Andrea said, "That's what Mom Mel said would happen. I haven't thought of the dynamic quite that way or made the comparison with Charles's parents. What about us then?"

Herb said, "You two resolved that issue just before you married. Andrea, you are a kinder, happier, and gentler person now. Charles gives your abilities focus and keeps you in bounds and you don't think you have to rely upon your beauty for people to like you."

Mindy said, "Don't make her sound like a bimbo, Herb. She's a beautiful, intelligent woman. Charles keeps her focused on that inner beauty that almost got lost once before."

Andrea leaned on my shoulder. "Charles, mom's right. My love for you and your love for me reminds me to care about and for those around us. It does keep me focused. That's why I use the term, 'freed for joyful obedience, ' when we were talking to Grandpop and others."

Herb said, "I like that term. It explains your relationship better than any other words I've heard. You actually seem freer than before you and Charles had your resolution a year ago."

She said, "Charles invigorates me in a way no one else in the world does. I am constantly challenged but am just as constantly supported. I know that's contradictory but it's the way I feel. With Charles beside me, I feel I can do anything and speak before anyone because he has me in his heart and in his arms. I can be loving to others because I am possessed by the finest love I could ever have."

Mindy laughed. "That must keep your ego built up, Charles."

"No, ma'am. I have this beautiful, intelligent woman by my side. To have her love and her trust is enough to power me in life."

Bobbi had come up behind us and listened. She chuckled. "That's cool! I'm going to find someone who makes me feel that way some day."

Andrea turned quickly. "Bobbi! What do you mean? You have Jacob and SJ!"

She grimaced a little. "No. There was never magic for me even before SJ came into the picture. She and Jacob will be fine but I will no longer be part of marriage plans with them. The world has many men and I will find the right one. Then, and only then, will I marry."

I was her brother. I couldn't resist it. "When you find this superman, how do you know he will have you?"

"I may not be in Andy's league with looks but the right one will have me and we will be happy with the choice!" She huffed it at me.

Andy laughed. "She told you, Charles."

I smiled, "You're right, Roberta. The right one will be happy with you and will see you like I see Andrea." I pulled her into a hug in which Andrea joined. Bobbi kissed both of us. We were all smiling when we let go.

Mindy spoke softly. "Do Jacob and SJ know?"

"Yes, we've known that we wouldn't go on and have even discussed it. There are no hard feelings and I like them. I'm just not in love with them."

An extraordinarily handsome Italian about our age came up to us. "Signorina Bobbi," he started and launched into Italian.

Bobbi listened and then said to us. "I must go. They say they need me." She grinned. "See you later." She left with the Italian.

Andrea said to all but looking at her mother. "That was a pretty man!" She and her mother giggled. "You guys aren't bad though." She giggled some more. We parted with her parents and walked around some more. Andrea said, "Do you think Bobbi is happy?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.