Silas - Cover

Silas

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 4

I resumed my seat. Sharon said, "More coffee?" I nodded and she took our cups into the kitchen and returned with them. To my surprise, she didn't go for her chair but curled up next to me on the couch! I wasn't sure what to do. Sharon said, "It only takes one hand to drink coffee. You could put your arm around me if that's interesting to you."

I wasted no time in gently putting my arm around her and even gave her a little squeeze. She snuggled in. "Si, this is comfortable but I like looking at you when we talk. It's a tough decision. I want to talk a moment."

"Sure. I'm listening."

"I've noticed that about you. You really do listen.

"Silas, I like you. I don't know where, if anywhere, we may go. Just don't rush it though I don't think you would. When you volunteered to go to both services and Sunday school, I suddenly had the worst case of stage fright that I could ever remember. I want you to like me and be pleased to be around me."

"I am, Sharon."

"Thank you. I'm too old to be eye candy though I'm still reasonably attractive."

"Sharon, you are very attractive, for any age. Ask Jim if you don't believe me.

"What time should I pick you up in the morning?"

"How do you know I'm going to let you leave?" Her eyes sparkled and she grinned.

"There might come that day or night but..."

"But not yet." She interrupted.

"That's correct. The question still remains. When do I pick you up?"

"Would seven thirty be too early?"

"Not at all. I'm usually at work by then. I'm one of those dreadful early risers."

"That's not all bad. I'm going to make an exception to my rule. I'm going to wear a dress tomorrow."

"You have great legs. I look forward to seeing you then. Why don't you wear dresses?"

"It started in my master's program when I was propositioned by a professor. Back then, you couldn't really be successful in reporting that. It puts a mark that condemns you for the future. For a number of years, I wore baggy. After I earned my doctorate, I started to sharpen my wardrobe. Now, I'm comfortable in pants. I believe some of my colleagues think I might be gay since I never have anyone with me and wear pants suits all the time."

"I hadn't noticed it and probably wouldn't except that you mentioned it. I just don't think of those things. In my company and, particularly, my division, the shape of a person's skin and the fabric covering that skin are irrelevant. Most good companies are that way. I would have thought colleges would be in the forefront of doing right."

"It's more a do what I say not what I do. It's better but has a long way to go. The corporate world is well ahead though no college professor would admit to it." She grinned. "I'll wear shorts later tomorrow."

"I look forward to that vision eagerly, too." She snuggled into my side a bit. She felt really good there.

We were quiet for a while. The silence was good and felt warm.

I said, "I would like for you to come visit me in Tifton for a weekend. We can pick a weekend when at least one of my kids is home. There is an extra bedroom in the house or I can get you a room at a hotel. The company has accounts with a couple of them. It will be your call when or even if."

She put her coffee cup on the table in front of us. Mine was on the end table. She squirmed around to face me half in my lap. She said, "I think that day will come and probably fairly soon. Si, when I agreed to have supper, I never imagined that I would be sitting here with you this evening or even considering keeping you here for the night. I won't tonight but, if you continue to be so genuinely honest and kind, that time will come. I feel very comfortable with you and I say that in a good way. I'm glad Chan and Jim talked me into last night. I hope you haven't regretted it."

"The only regret I have had this weekend was when you turned me down at the airport. However, it worked out and worked out very well." I took a chance and kissed her gently. That didn't last! She put her arms around my neck, plastering her upper body against mine and making our kiss extremely intense.

We finally came up for air. Both of us were a little breathless. Sharon said, "I didn't expect that but I liked it. We will do that again!"

"I hope so." I continued to hold her in my arms. She rested her head on my shoulder. She felt really good there.

After a long time, she lifted her head and said, "Silas, you need to head out or I will keep you here. Short term, I think we would both like it but, long term, it probably wouldn't be a good idea." I nodded and slowly started to stand up. We didn't want to let go of the other. We did finally make it to the door. We kissed long and intensely again. I did get out to the car. I waved a final time and she closed the door. I went to my hotel.

Sunday morning came early but I usually rose early. I made coffee in the room, cleaned up, and packed. I checked out as I left for Sharon's condo. I arrived two minutes early and rang. She came to the door and let me in. I was in awe. She was wearing a dress. She had great legs and, at top, it showed a reasonable amount of cleavage. I said, "Wow! This is extraordinary! I knew you were gorgeous but more of you shows now and it's all good!" She smiled and stepped into my arms. Our kiss went on for a long time.

We came up for air. She said, "If I didn't have to sing, we would spend some more time doing that." She pulled her arms from my neck and grabbed her purse and her Bible. We left. She gave me directions to her church, which is one of the big first churches in the area. We arrived in time and got out. We walked to the chapel holding hands.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.