The Viscounts Daughter
Chapter 12: Andrea

Copyright© 2014 by Texrep

For some time I felt that we were dragged this way and that way with all that had happened. I was so happy to get into the car with Rich and drive down to the cottage. Christopher was now nine months old and I had started weaning him although he still needed my milk. We talked on the journey and I was so happy when Rich suggested that we should make the cottage our permanent residence. "I have nothing against Broughley, but I feel that with your dad getting married again we should allow him and Ashley their space."

"You're right, but for the wrong reason."

"Oh?"

"We are the ones needing our space and our space is the cottage. All the time we have been together we have usually been in company. I want some time for us. I am not saying no to some visitors, but I would like time when it is just you and I."

"Don't forget Mrs. Warren." Rich warned.

"I was not forgetting Mrs. Warren, but she seems to know when to be there and when to disappear."

"Yes. She does seem to have perfect timing." Rich laughed.

It was so good to get back to the cottage. The ambience agreed with me, mostly because the cottage was where I had been seduced and discovered that being a woman, a sensual woman, a well loved woman was the best thing in the world.

Mrs. Warren welcomed us back. "I thought you would be coming down here. The papers had quite a number of photos of Miss Marne's wedding. You, Lady Andrea looked wonderful and of course Mr. Leigh looks good in almost anything he wears. I'll let you get settled and then I'll serve lunch on the terrace."

I wanted to hug her, but I doubt that Mrs. Warren would see that as 'proper'. "Thank you, Mrs. Warren, that will be good. However I would love a coffee if there is any going."

"Of course, Madam. I'll bring it to your room."

I was in the middle of unpacking when she came in with the coffee. I was just putting away the last few of Rich's clothes. I had opened my suitcase but not touched my clothes, therefore Mrs. Warren started to unpack my stuff. She put aside some pieces saying "I run the iron over these, they seem to be a little creased."

"Thank you Mrs. Warren." I took a sip of the coffee. "How is Mr. Morgan?"

"He's well, Madam. Thank you for asking. I'll let him know that you and Mr. Leigh are here and that a couple of nice Lobsters would be very appreciated."

"Oysters would be good too. I will be expecting Rich to be very active for a few days."

Mrs. Warren laughed heartily. "His work doesn't bring in oysters, but he knows some of the dredgers in the estuary. I am sure he could get some from them. A dozen perhaps?"

"A couple of dozen if he can. I will be rather demanding."

"In that case I shall have to make sure he gets some for himself. Then I can make myself scarce for quite some time."

"Perfect." I grinned at Mrs. Warren and she returned a smile with a wink.

As usual there were scripts for Rich to read. I was surprised when after a cursory glance he casually put them to one side saying that he would look at them later. I was surprised. "Why aren't you bothering to read them?"

"We came down here to get away. I have been working for months on end without a real break and I need time with my beloved wife. I know that I will reject at least two of those scripts as both seem to be riding on the success of Grantham. I suspect poor imitations of Grantham as well. For the rest well a couple could be interesting; however," He waved an envelope. "This may be interesting." He ripped open the envelope and read the letter quickly. "I thought that something was in the wind." He offered the letter for me to read. It was from Gupta. The success of 'Scorn' suggested that another Anglo/Indian collaboration would work. He had a script for a drama in the time of the mutiny. Gupta wanted to know if Rich would be interested.

"Are you interested?" I asked.

"I think I would be interested. I'll phone Gupta and ask him to send me the script. There's lots of scope for drama around the time of the mutiny." He paused. "Would you like to go back to India?"

I thought about it and agreed. "Yes. I think I would. What about Christopher?"

"It would depend on the season but I would not want to go anywhere without my wife and my son. I can make it a condition of accepting the script."

"I like that idea." I smiled and went on. "By any chance are you hoping for something tonight?"

"I am always hoping for something any night."

"Hmm. Well we will have to see."

Rich had to address other correspondence so I made myself scarce. It was a warm day so I changed into my bikini and made certain that Rich saw me walking down to the beach. My lovely man came and found me twenty minutes later and I was pleased to see that he had changed as well and was wearing his swimming trunks. I smiled as he took my hand and we walked along the wet sand with the residue of the breakers washing our feet, just as we had seventeen years ago. When we arrived at the point where the sand gave way to rocks we continued, scrambling over the rocks and just as before peering into the pools looking for crabs. I was starting to hyperventilate in anticipation of what would happen, yet even as we scrambled over the rocks we could not find the place where I had climbed up. The rocks are immutable our memories not so.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.