Autumn Duet - Cover

Autumn Duet

Copyright© 2014 by Kaffir

Chapter 5

Again they woke virtually simultaneously. Ralph was lying on his back with an arm round Nell's shoulder. Her head was on his chest and her left hand was grasping his morning erection. Ralph tightened his hold slightly. Nell did the same.

"I think I made a good choice," she murmured. "You don't snore when you're lying on your back and you're ready to pleasure me as soon as you wake up."

"After I've had a pee."

"Meany!"

"Needs must."

He disentangled himself and went to the bathroom. He cleaned his teeth while he was there. Nell followed him when she heard the flush.

"Meany again," she said as she crawled back onto the bed.

"Why?"

"You've gone all limp on me."

She gave him no chance to reply as her lips met his and her hand moved to his manhood. She was successful and it was not until an hour later that they made it to the kitchen and breakfast, just boiled eggs, toast and butter.

Nell smiled at him. "There's life in the old dog yet," she said quietly.

Ralph smiled back.

"You know what you're doing too."

"I hope so, Nell darling. You deserve the best."

Her hand reached across the table and he took it. She squeezed gently. "I got it too, my loving man."

Ralph worked himself into a slight stew on the way into Pitsbury. He had no idea what sort of ring would suit Nell's dark red hair and blue eyes. She had never, as far as he was aware, worn the engagement ring that Rupert had given her but he was sure she would not want a duplicate. Nell noticed the worried look on his face but said nothing. She had a fair idea of what was troubling him. As they left the car his face cleared. He would leave the choice to her. He felt sure that she would not choose something hideously expensive.

They were lucky. Mr Tredegar himself served them.

"With your colouring, Mrs Kemble, rubies or sapphires would be perfect."

Nell nodded and smiled. "Thank you, Mr Tredegar, but it's not as though this is my first and hopefully only engagement ring. All I want is something to show that I'm taken again and that I am loved."

"I can see that just by looking at the two of you."

Nell's smile grew broader but there was an impish sparkle in her eye. "So?" she asked.

"A solitaire diamond and, if Mr Pennicott really loves you, some small rubies and sapphires surrounding it."

"That's blackmail, Mr Tredegar," grinned Ralph.

Mr Tredegar smiled back unrepentantly but said nothing.

"Let's not bother about the garnish," said Nell.

"Foiled!" said Mr Tredegar softly but loudly enough to be heard.

Nell and Ralph laughed happily.

"Huge love," went on Mr Tredegar, "so a huge diamond."

"No," said Nell. "It might get tangled in the washing and take too much gin to keep it clean."

Both men laughed and Mr Tredegar produced a tray of solitaires.

Nell and Ralph looked at them. The latter held his tongue despite spotting one. Nell had spotted it too and tried it on. It was not huge but it was bright.

"What do you think, Ralph darling?"

"Perfect!"

Mr Tredegar slid a price tag towards him. It was within the maximum Ralph had hoped for.

"Yes, please," he said. "Promise you like it, Nell?"

"Promise I love it."

They smiled lovingly at each other.

"How does it feel?" asked Mr Tredegar. "May I?"

He twisted the ring on Nell's finger. "Perfect, I'd have said."

"So would I," replied Nell.

Mr Tredegar went off to collect a jewel box and the card machine. Ralph and Nell without a word rose from their chairs and embraced. Neither said a thing. Neither had to. They left hand in hand.

"Where now, my darling?" asked Ralph.

"Provisions."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Where's the 'darling' gone?"

"Orders is orders."

"Idiot!"

"Ma'am!"

Nell stopped and turned him to face her. "My idiot, my best beloved idiot. Even when I'm bossy I will never order you to do anything ... even though it may sound like it."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Idiot! You don't listen to a word I say."

"Oh, I do. I really, really do but I'm not sure I can always believe them."

"Colonel Pennicott!" she said sharply and then got the giggles flinging her arms round him totally disregarding anyone else. "I love you, you awful man, and you're causing me to make a public exhibition of myself."

Ralph hugged her equally tightly but then releasing her said softly, "For which you need to be punished but I would never do that in public."

"Ooh! What are you going to do to me?"

"Withhold any sign of love and affection for half an hour."

"So why can't you do that in public?"

"Because of your probable behaviour in public when the time is up."

Nell pealed with laughter. "You wait, my boy," she said finally. "You're still encouraging me to behave badly now."

"Pax?"

Nell released him. "OK. Pax!"

Her mischievous grin was too much for him and he had to give her a final hug and a peck on the lips before releasing her.

She sucked her cheeks in and crossed her eyes. Hand in hand they went to do their provisioning.

They arrived home and put all the shopping away. Nell took Ralph's hands and looked up at him.

"I'm sorry for behaving like a teenager," she said softly, "but you, you wonderful loving man, have rejuvenated me. I feel like a teenager: young, emotionally out of control and giddy with happiness. Ralph, my darling, thank you and God. How I love you!"

"That makes two of us. All I want to do is pick you up, whirl you round and round in sheer happiness, kiss the living daylights out of you, bore you stiff with telling you how much I love you and then make love to you gently, passionately, verbally, silently and just by holding you."

Nell's eyes shone. "So what are you going to do about it now?"

"Pour you a drink while you organise some bread and cheese with possibly a tomato and some lettuce after all the provisioning and then I'm going to take you up to bed and make love to you."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.