Looking for a Dry Spot, a Day of Destruction Aftermath Story - Cover

Looking for a Dry Spot, a Day of Destruction Aftermath Story

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 11

After all these years, there has been little change, Alice Rebecca was born in the spring of 2014. In 2018, we decided to have more children. We had Sheila Ann in late 2018 and Robert Timothy in 2020. Wendy was now forty-four and we decided that more pregnancies were not safe. I couldn't lose her for a child. We six were happy. One other couple had moved into the area on the Williams' road. Emerson Broderick and his wife, Tamara, had three children. Em and Tammy's children were Emerson, Junior, Michelle, and Nancy. All were born after the Day. Em and Tammy were younger being about Heather and David's age. Heather and David had one more child, Angela, in 2015.

It's 2035. There is big news. First, I will bring this journal up to date in a general way.

Our children are grown and we cover the farms all around the area. Sheila and Mark are still with us though both are in their late seventies. Of course, Wendy and I are in our sixties.

Our oldest son, Rich, married Angela and David, Junior, married Alice. They both have children on the way.

Emerson, Junior, married our Sheila and Robert married Nancy though she was a little older than he is. It didn't matter to them. The Broderick's middle child, Michelle is unmarried but seems to have no desire for anyone. I would like us to meet more people and now that suddenly seems likely.

We have had flyovers for over a month by huge four-engine propeller planes. They seem to be heading on round courses going up to Knoxville and then back south where they come from. The families gathered together to talk about it but came to no conclusion about what to do. It's been so many years that we found we are shy when thinking of contacting others.

It was a few months later when we heard horses coming down our road. Our old trees were a block to a wagon or a truck but horses could get through easily. Wendy and I went out to meet them with rifles in our arms and pistols on our hips.

They were about fifty feet away when I held up my hand. They reined in. Two people dismounted and came forward with their hands empty. One was a tall, muscular young man and the other was a young woman. I don't think either was as old as twenty!

The young man said, "Good afternoon. My name is Charles Cook-Thomas-Sullivan and this is my wife. We come in peace from Protection to your west on an exploring mission."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.