Looking for a Dry Spot, a Day of Destruction Aftermath Story
Chapter 8

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

We rose in the morning, ate a quick breakfast, and met the Williams on the highway at eight in the morning. They followed us into Knoxville and we pulled up at the same store where I found my water wheel.

No one had been there since my prior visit. We quickly found all the parts and supplies to build a water wheel generator along with spares for their model. Actually, it would have a little more available power than the one I installed. I figured that was good since it would have to power two houses. We loaded everything in David's truck. As we worked, I asked about lumber they had available. We went to a big box store close by and loaded Mark's truck with pressure treated lumber, Sacrete, and other smaller items they would need. We took wire to connect both of their houses to the electric supply.

We finished loading everything and headed to our homes. I told them that Wendy and I would walk over after lunch and a few chores.

We walked over after lunch with a couple of the books that I had taken in my first trip to use as reference. They were very helpful. All six of us joined in the effort and most of the frame was quickly built. Before we could put a load on the generator, we would give the Sacrete a day to fully cure. I told them that, while the instructions on the sacks didn't suggest it would take that long, I had watched my entire structure groan because I hadn't wanted to wait. I said that it's quite a load if put on all at once.

Mark nodded. We were invited for supper and went inside their home to wash up and eat supper. Both couples asked us how we met and I let Wendy field that. She told the story in a simple manner. I felt that I came out better than I felt I had done in rescuing her. After that, as she explained it, my kind heart won her over and she was eager to become my wife when I asked.

We enjoyed our meal and agreed to return in the morning to help finish getting the generator installed and working. We went home and made love like the newly weds we still were.

We rose in the morning to shower and eat together. We dressed and walked over to the Williams' compound as they were all coming outside to work. All we had to do was make the connections and engage the generator since the wheel spun freely in the water. Like my system, there was a simple belt-driven system to engage the generator. We ran the wires and turned everything off except for one light in each house.

The moment of truth came as David engaged the generator and it took load. It went more smoothly than my effort because I hadn't thought to cut power to the appliances and air conditioning. We went to David's house and started things working. The system didn't even blink when the air conditioning started. We repeated the program at Mark's house and it went smoothly again. The ladies were happy and I was gratified that it worked.

I told everyone that I wanted to see how they had downed a tree to block the road. We went to the closer one. Mark explained that they had pushed this one over with their tractor to make it look like it toppled in a storm. I liked that. He said, "Tim, if you use a tall, spindly tree that looks top heavy, it isn't hard to push it down. Once it's down, you plan your way around it. You can do the same at some point further down the road to keep people from coming to you from that direction, too.

We had an enjoyable time. Wendy invited both couples to our pond for swimming. She did warn them with a smile that we might not be wearing suits some times since we were still newly weds! I think that Sheila was a little shocked. Heather just grinned.

We walked home the dark using a battery powered lantern. We didn't hurry as we had our arms around each other. When we got close, I doused the lantern. We walked the rest of the way to the house with just the light of the moon. That was sufficient since we knew where we were going.

We went into the house and prepared for bed. I said, "You know that we might have guests while we're skinny dipping?"

"That's a possibility. Perhaps I want to show off my husband's body!" We laughed, kissed, and loved into the night.

After breakfast, we walked up the road to pick out a tree to fell and figure out how we could get around it. There was no good way that wouldn't leave us exposed in my mind. Wendy agreed. She said, "We need to consider closing off this road permanently and going another way. Where does this road go after going by our house?"

"You will find it hard to believe but I don't know."

"Let's get the tractor and block this end. We'll find a way on the other end somehow."

I thought that, if she had faith we could find a way, I wouldn't argue. We went back and rode the tractor together with a pail of dark axle grease and an old broom. We picked a tree and I pushed it over blocking the road. The top of the tree extended into the tree line enough to make it impossible to pass on that side. Wendy took the grease and the broom and brushed at the spot on the downed tree where the tractor rubbed on the bark. We looked and felled another tree to block any chance of going around behind the base of our original felled tree. She used the broom to grease it also making it look quite natural. We rode back to the house and I parked the tractor.

"Tim, let's go for a ride." I nodded and grinned. We got in the truck and started out. We had gone less than a mile when we came to a fallen tree blocking the road. Looking at it, we could tell it was natural. I turned off the truck motor and we walked around trying to figure out a way around it. It didn't take long. If we pulled down the fence at two points, we could get through to the other side of the road on a dirt path leading to a pasture and the road. We drove back for the tractor. This time, Wendy led off in the truck and I followed in the tractor.

We found a pair of smaller trees to push down that flattened the fence just like we wanted it. We rode on the tractor through the pasture on a dirt trail to the gate. It was locked with a chain. We went back to the house and storage barn. I found the key to the lock. We would keep the key in the truck though I told Wendy I wanted to change the keyed lock to a combination lock. She nodded. I got out and unlocked and opened the gate. She went through and I closed and locked the gate. We went down the road to find another paved road. I got out my map of the county and we figured out where we were. We took a left and went up to the main road. I said, "We may have added a little time to our route but I like the solution."

Wendy nodded and said, "It's all good. Let's go home." We rode back, opening and closing the gate, and I drove the tractor back home. We parked both and went inside for a late lunch.

After we cleaned up from lunch, Wendy said, "Let's go swimming. We grabbed suits, towels, blankets, bottled water, and our pistols. We didn't make a production of it but always wore our pistols outside. Frequently, I would carry a rifle. It was just part of our habits. We went to the pond and laid the blankets out to lie on later. We went out and walked into the pond hand in hand. The water was fairly clear and cool. We played around in the water and Wendy actually swam around. I could swim but never competed but I enjoyed our time in the water.

We got out and embraced. After toweling dry, we lay on the blanket holding hands and looking up at the sky. After a few moments, Wendy sat up and removed her top. She lay back down on her back and I admired her small breasts. We were soon kissing and fondling each other as we became aroused. We made love outside for the first time. It was glorious. We lay back resting now both of us naked.

We heard a hello from David and scrambled into our suits. We were adequately covered by the time David and Heather were close enough to be able to see us. They had brought towels and blankets. They laid everything out and removed their outer clothes revealing their suits underneath. The four of us went into the water.

David and I wore standard suits. Our wives were both in bikinis. Wendy's being smaller than Heather's. That was a necessity since Heather, though quite attractive, was built more lushly. I think each of them was jealous of the other to some extent.

Wendy later told me that she was because she had wanted larger breasts all her life. My response was to kiss her lips and then to suck on her nipples until we were both so excited that we made love. As we were lying together later, I said, "I want you to be just the way you are. Don't gain weight. Don't lose weight. You are just right for me."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.