Mind the Time
Chapter 48

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

Like I said, it all started on Labor Day. Midnight 0:00.01, September 7th, 2210. That's the Day the world stopped. A planet is a planet unless there's intelligence living on it.

With intelligence it's a world. By the time the eighth of September started the world was a planet.

Not one single living thing survived. Nothing that flew, walked, crawled, swam ... if it used oxygen ... it was gone. The stench was unimaginable. The only reasonable thing that could be said about it? Nobody was left to smell it.

The Jihadists released their poison into the air and they were the first to find out that humans all share DNA and they were the first to die. The Imam had issued a fatwa that the Arab races didn't share DNA with the Great Satan ... and the Jihadists believed.

Like a rolling fog spilling over the mountains the death inundated the valleys, infected the seas, flung aloft and followed the jet streams ... the seas boiled with dying. Every bacteria, every virus succumbed. The very earth died. Everything.

September, 7th, 2210.

It has been suggested that the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs ended life for a blink of a geologic eye. It took five thousand years before the fumaroles, the volcanic vents, sucked seawater through the ocean subfloor microbe laden rock and created new life with the elements that exist at great depths.

This time ... that didn't happen.

When the Powers that Be showed up in the approximately twenty two thousand years since the event of the Seventh, the planet had recovered enough to support life ... if life could be found. The poison killed everything and replicated itself until there was nothing alive to restart. The poison committed suicide ... there was nothing left to kill except itself.

This was truly ... THE END.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.