Mind the Time - Cover

Mind the Time

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 36

Geese! "I'm coming, I'm coming! You don't need to break it down?" Vee swung the door wide open. "What?"

When the Island was bombed and destroyed the family and home, Junior was turning sixteen and late for her birthday party. She arrived to a smoking hole still filling with Great Lakes water.

For about two years, Junior went three miles past wild. She was pregnant at 18 without a clue as to the male who produced the sperm and really didn't give a fuck ... she probably should have started that attitude earlier ... not giving a fuck. A daughter was born. As is the family tradition, the time travel watch was passed from mother to daughter on the daughter's twelfth birthday.

Junior is the third Wendolyn Wanzor Austin ... no one with brains ever called her Trey or Third or anything except Junior ... those without brains weren't missed.

Wendolyn Wanzor Austin the fourth ... or IV as was written on her birth certificate ... was an unadventuresome soul, a parsimonious homebody. As different as her progenitors as night is to day.

At twelve, now that she had the watch, Ivy continued with her education ... never excelling but never failing. Ivy was average. She took great pains to BE average. Average clothes ... better than Wallyworld but not Neiman Marcus ... Sears, JC Penny, or Wards and from the racks. She suffered from chrometophobia. Chrometophobia is the fear of money. Not that she had any problem handling the finances of the

Princessapality ... she just couldn't spend the necessary to promote her position: The Ruler of a Vast Empire.

After graduating from high school, her grades weren't good enough for a University. She went to the local Community College and took an Associates Degree in a useless field ... she was exactly in the middle of her class. She tried sex ... didn't like it but realized that she must produce an heir.

The Princesses married Austins ... a family tradition ... and cheaper than changing the names on all that paperwork. When her biological clock decided that NOW was the time she was already 30. She made an internet search, found an Austin ... not just any Austin ... a David James Austin ... another tradition. She wined him, dined him, bedded him and wedded him. It took two years of once a month on her DAY before she took. She was 33 when her daughter was born.

"Baby's name?"

The Princess was still under the influence of "the Whistle" and unable.

David said, "Wendolyn Wanzor Austin ... the fifth." V. Vee.

Now that there was progeny ... The Ruler of the vast Princessapality needed something besides a one bedroom apartment. She searched the local area to the north of town...

South would never do, M21 was the border between what remained of the State of Michigan and the Province of Michigan. The southern part of the state voted to remain with Washington, DC. The northern part voted to separate from the vile nation that killed thousands of Michiganders when the United States nuked the Island.

A tax defaulted four bedroom three and a half bath two level rancher with am attached four car garage at the back of two and a half acres was good enough.

"The yard will keep David too busy for sex during the mowing season and shoveling the long drive in the winter will wear him out."

Vee was a normal child ... and soon learned that she was smarter than Mom. She soon learned to keep that fact hidden. Daddy signed her report cards and took Vee to Parent/Teacher night ... and mother never knew.

Now that she was The Princess, Vee moved in. Mother moved to the Lake house ... and she simply must have David to help her move.

"What?" said Vee.

"Wendolyn Wanzor Austin the fifth?" Two pinched faced older ladies were at her door. Hovering in the background was a member of the local Constabulary.

"We're from the Department of Human Services."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.