Mind the Time
Chapter 35

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

"Mother. Out. This is my castle now." Vee commanded as she appeared in the throne room. So, it was the den ... so what ... lV used it when she pronounced.

"But ... Wendy."

"That's your Royalness, Highness or Majesty ... and don't you forget it. You just had to run things ... well ... now you don't and I do! Out!" Vee exclaimed.

"Where will we go?"

"Who is we?"

"Your dad."

"Daddy can stay here if he wants ... he likes me and you never did."

"I'm sure he'll choose me."

"Da-ad!" Vee heard the kitchen door to the garage bang shut. That had to be her father.

"Vee!" David came in and gave her a hug, "You're home!" He pushed her back by her shoulders, "Let me look at you. They haven't been starving you, you've grown."

Vee blushed, "I just got here." She dangled the watch.

"Finally," he said. "We've been needing you here. How was school?"

"I got suspended."

David looked shocked, "Wha? ... Who? ... Why? ... When?"

Vee looked at her mother.

"I saw my first ... erection ... mother objected ... did you know about the accidents?"

"You always were a clumsy child," David said.

"Not so, Dad," Vee pointed at Four, "She was always moving things around."

"Well ... yes ... but we always laughed about it ... practical jokes and the like. Just funning." He was interested in the suspension. "How did you get suspended?"

"Mom called the University and told them I was there without permission."

"I never," the ex ruler exclaimed.

Vee had her pad out and called a contact, "Mr. Commissioner, please."

"The princess."

"Good morning, Commissioner Zalewski."

"I'm dandy, Commissioner. Yourself?"

"Good, glad to hear it."

"Listen, I called to check on a rumor."

"Is it true every contact by pad is monitored and recorded."

"Thanks," Vee said. "Would you be so kind as to bring the record of calls from the former princess to the university at Konstanz in Germany?"

"Yes, former. I have taken up the watch."

"Thanks," Vee said. She disconnected. "20 minutes, Mother."

"Recorded my calls?" Four exclaimed questionally, "That's illegal!"

"If it's broadcast over the airways it's not, mom," Vee explained. "You suggested the law ... It's not wiretapping, you said."

"Well ... it shouldn't apply to me ... I'm exempt."

"I quote, 'Laws and regulations approved by the people apply to all residents of the Princessapality.'" Vee quoted ... finger quotes and all. "You signed it into law ... you're a resident ... that's why you got in so much trouble about Access." Vee sighed, "You did it because those idiots in the congress of the former United States decided they were exempt from their own laws."

Gary Zalewski said, "That's one of the reasons so many of the former States voted to join us ... the law no longer applied to their rulers."

The ex princess gave a little jump, "Mr. Commissioner. I didn't hear you come in."

Vee said, "Did you bring it?"

Gary brandished a chip and player. "You requested just the contact between the Princessapality and the University," he raised his right hand and swore an oath, "This is a true copy of conversations between Princess Wendolyn Wanzor Austin, the Fourth, and the Rektor and board of the University of Konstanz. Voice matching by the proper authorities certified. The female voice is Princess Wendolyn Wanzor Austin, the Fourth, I, Gary Zalewski, Access Commissioner of the Princessapality, so swear."

Female voice: This is the Princess of the Princessapality. I need to speak to whomever is in charge.

German accented female voice: That would be the Rektor. Please hold.

(An interlude, Music by Beethoven)

German male: Guten Tag, Prinzessin. So können Sie Hilfe?

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.