Mind the Time - Cover

Mind the Time

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 24

"Where is this watch?"

"With the Princess."

Then, nothing would do but she recite the whole story ... in German. Half way through his scanner must have vibrated in his pocket because he held up his hand, "Stoppen Sie,"

They were back to him speaking German. He fished his pad and read the screen. He pushed some buttons and held his hand over his left ear. He answered a voice from the palm of his hand ... probably like hearing the sea from a seashell ... probably not.

"Ja."

The cupped hand asked if Vee was present.

"Sie ist hier."

Her full name as tendered by her Student ID?

"Wendolyn Wanzor Austin die fünfte."

Pet name?

"Was sagt deine Mutter anrufen?"

"Vee," she answered.

Where is the watch?

"Wo ist diese Uhr?"

"Home with my mother."

The palm of his hand imparted important information. He pulled the hand away from his ear and looked at it. It was like looking at an old fashioned handset telephone and doubting what he heard. He put his palm back ... more noise from the sea.

He listened, his eyes got big, " Sie haben einen Vorfahren. Eine Wendy Von Wanzor des Herzogtums Schleswig-Holstein. Sie heiratete David James Austin."

"That's my Great great great grandmother."

"Another relative, Andrea Slagle Austin?"

"Never heard of her."

"We are very thorough. If Berlin says you are related ... you are related."

"If you say so."

"We do."

He bowed very low. So did his minions. " Sie sind Ihre Königliche Hoheit, Wendolyn, Prinzessin Slagle Most Excellent, Koenigsknecht, Dame des Reiches des Rákóczi - habsburgischen... österreichischen, rumänischen, preußischen und der letzte überlebende Herzogin von Schleswig-Holstein."

"Can't be."

"Why not?"

"Because Wendy Von Wanzor is still alive," she giggled, "Old and feeble she may be but she's waiting in the Tower." She waved an arm in the direction of the laughingly referred to Tower, but The Wanzor was almost upon them.

"I'll give you old and feeble, wench," she said. "Who is this?"

"The cops."

Heel clicking, bows, curtseys as per sex. The tenor ... the tall guy ... looked at them, "But you are twins." He spoke into his pad.

The Wanzor blushed. While the tall guy was speaking to his pad, Vee said, "Twins? I don't know if I'm honored or insulted. Grannie ... you're old."

"Welche Austin sind Sie?" he asked the newcomer.

Wendy looked at him and explained, "Oh, ich habe nie gelernt, Deutsch zu sprechen. Ich hatte nie das Bedürfnis. Sicherlich sprechen Sie Englsh."

Vee began to grin.

Wendy slapped at her arm, " Hör auf damit, du elend Göre. Wenn Sie lachen zu starten, erhalten Sie mich gehen, und wir werden nie etwas erreicht."

Vee choked back the almost uncontrollable outburst.

Wendy looked expectantly at the tall blond.

With his palm to his ear he spoke to his pad, "Der Alte hat mir nur gesagt sie Deutsch nicht spricht. In perfekter und Rede Deutsch. Ich sage euch, sie schauen so ähnlich, wenn es nicht für die Kleidung Ich konnte sie nicht unterscheiden."

The pad asked a question.

He looked her in the eye, "Welches sind Sie?"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.