Mind the Time - Cover

Mind the Time

Copyright© 2014 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 14

"School together?" Vee asked.

"Yes," The Wanzor said.

"Oh, G'mom ... we'll have so much fun." Wendy was beside herself.

"I can not wait to tear your history teacher a new asshole," The Wanzor said.

Four, with a stern-faced, uniformed man trailing her, knocked on the frame of the door to Wendy's room. Wendy looked up, shocked, "Mom?"

The reigning Watch-holder stepped into the room. The uniformed man was right behind her.

"It seems We have been remiss in Our duties," began Four. The blue suited man behind her cleared his throat. "We have always considered Our position as exempt from certain national regulations. As The Author, as well as the Enforcer of those regulations, We were sure that such rules did not apply to Us.

"Access Commissioner Zalewiki," here she turned and nodded to the man in blue, "Has informed Us that We, more than any of Our subjects, have a duty to uphold. You have access to the network. See that you use it wisely."

She turned on her royal heel and brushed past the Commissioner.

The Wanzor was stunned, "Excuse me, Vee, Commissioner. I believe someone has gotten a trifle too big for her britches. I'll just have a word or two with her." She followed Four out the door. She was very careful to shut it behind her.

"Commissioner Zalewiki?" Wendolyn Wanzor Austin was well aware of her position and she was determined to do things differently ... Mother was not a good role model.

"Zalewski, your Highness."

"Sorry, mother mumbles when she's wrong. What can I do for you?"

"Ah ... you can do nothing. I am here to do for you, Princess."

"Wendy, Wendolyn or Vee, your choice ... but never Princess. The Princess just left."

"Very well, Wendy." He said that with decision. "I am Gary Zalewski, Access Commissioner, and I am here to insure you have access. Will you be seated? I'll be right back." He opened the door and left to fetched a minion.

From farther down the hall could be heard the Swish! Whack! OW! swish! whack! OW! swish! Whack! OW! of a well applied wooden spoon. The Wanzor's voice rose above the cries.

"You have dishonored Whack the tenets Whack my daughter Whack" ... the door was hurriedly shut.

You go Grannie! thought Vee.

The door opened to Commissioner Zalewski and a grinning young woman carting a small trolley with several cardboard boxes.

From down the hall, The Wanzor could be heard complaining about the poor quality of imported spoons. Tthe door shut.

The young woman began unpacking boxes while the Commissioner moved Vee's desk. Gary took out a device and moved it over the floor along the inside wall behind the space formerly occupied by the desk. Satisfied. he pressed a button. There was the faint smell of burning wood. He picked up the device ... a wire was extended from below through the tiny hole the device had made in the hardwood flooring. The desk was restored to its place and a series of very small boxes were attached to the underside of the top.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.