Protection and Preservation, Book 07 - Cover

Protection and Preservation, Book 07

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 19

[Janice writes]

"It's late. We'll read more tomorrow." They realized I was right and we went to our sleeping places. I was with Bennie tonight and we made love to each other slowly and gently. The night was quiet and we slept until dawn.

When he and I woke, we started out silently but Pam and Robby joined us. Bobbi would have but Melissa stopped her. She was explaining that she wasn't dressed appropriately nor was she armed. They were whispering to each other. I caught that she understood the failure to be armed but didn't understand about clothes. She had a skin-tight pair of shorts on along with a tee shirt while Pam and I just had panties under our tee shirts, which let our nipples show. I left it to Mel to explain while we went outside. She was better at it than I. We roamed the area around our resting place and the planes looking for anything out of place or even curious. It was quiet and stayed that way. We went back inside the hanger we were using as a lodge to find the rest waking up and moving about. We had breakfast and talked about our next steps. San Diego had been a bust so far.

We were still talking when breakfast was over. Finally, Bobbi raised her hand. Mike looked a little surprised but said, "Go ahead, Bobbi. What's your suggestion?"

She said, "The question to be resolved is what do we do now? Either we continue with our exploration mission or we search for Arnold and anyone with him. If we continue on, then we can read his manuscript in the evenings and eventually find out, I hope, where he is going or his travel habits. If we are searching for him, we jump to the end and hope he says in more detail where he went. The big issue is time." George and Lois looked at her curiously. "The first visitor in the sign-in sheets came before I was born. We don't know the size of the party or their plan when they arrived in San Diego.

"I vote that we continue on with our exploration and read from the manuscript every night. When we return from our northern exploration to head home, we might know where to look and can then go find them. We will know them better even though it was a long time ago. We know that they are not in Phoenix or Tucson. With King, we can cover a lot of ground quickly but it's not detailed and following an old trail will be very hard.

"I know that, when we left, looking for Arnold was important but not the sole reason for the trip. If we don't go north soon, we may be in trouble from the weather as winter comes. It's time to pick what we will do and what is our priority."

Mike and Jen looked at each other. I think they were surprised at how well Bobbi summed the situation. Mike said, "That was put better than I could have. Thank you, Bobbi.

"Jen and I started this trip with the thought to determine if Arnold made it to California. We know this now. They made the trip and left here headed east. I admit that I hoped he would have a location listed. I don't think he knew where he was going from here. Finding him will not be easy after so much time.

"I want to suggest sort of a compromise. Let's take one plane and fly east, low and slow, turning back before Tucson. Those in the plane will note what we see. If we get some noticeable response or see something that looks likely, we can try to visit that place. Otherwise, we continue the exploration heading north. Later and as part of a different mission, Jen and I may return to Phoenix for a more in-depth look for Arnold."

After some more discussion, mostly about details, Mike's proposal was adopted. The flight would take place immediately after lunch.

It was anti-climatic. Mike and Jen took Robby and me with them as observers. We found nothing and flew almost to Tucson returning by a more southern route that dipped into Mexico. There wasn't anything to see. Either Arnold changed his mind and went elsewhere or this mystery will need much more investigation. While the flight didn't truly satisfy their curiosity, Mike and Jen agreed that we would finish reading the manuscript before considering any other action. We would leave in the morning headed north.

We spent the afternoon packing and preparing both planes for the trip. That night, we advised everyone of our plan by radio of our findings and plans. Then, we read.

[Arnold's manuscript]

We woke in the morning in the same position. I looked at her face so close to mine. I marveled at her beauty. I knew those marvelous brown eyes would open soon and look at me in a way that I don't think any woman had ever really looked at me. I was both drawn to those eyes and scared of what I saw. I finally prayed silently to God that, if this is His Will for my life, He make it clear to me by removing my fears or showing us that it isn't meant to be.

Moments later, Maria woke and I was staring into those beautiful brown eyes that drew me and scared me. I said quietly, "Good morning, Maria. I hope you slept well. I did."

"Very well, thank you. I was warm and held wonderfully all night." She put her hand over mine that was still cupping her breast to keep me from moving it away from her body.

"We do need to get moving."

"I know but I am enjoying this position. It's early and there's no hurry." I made my body relax as she snuggled against me. Since I was showing no indication of moving my hand away from her. She stretched her hand across my body to hold us close together. I had to admit to myself that I was very comfortable. It was over thirty minutes later that we finally rose and started our day.

It remained quiet all day. We went about scavenging for food and more clothes. Maria really wanted some of her things from the hotel. As we walked, we talked in whispers about the hotel. I suggested that we wait until the afternoon or tomorrow morning before getting too close. I felt that the area was deserted but wanted to take some time being careful. We found a house with clothes that fit Maria well. She took a cold shower and changed her clothes. When she came out, she smiled that it was good to feel clean and wear clean clothes. She picked up another pair of sneakers as well as a couple more changes of clothes. They were good, serviceable clothes though not quite the quality of her clothing previously. I thought she looked great though I realized that I would think that even if she were wearing a potato sack!

We found food for supper that would give us our first good meal in days. We found some items for breakfast. Actually, we found this was a better house and, after talking about it, left our things there and went back to gather our other items from the house that had provided us shelter and brought them to this new place. Most places still had power and this one was no exception. Maria had selected the master bedroom and I picked another.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.