Unit Taffy 3/ Detroit: December 25, 2014, 0540 Hrs - Cover

Unit Taffy 3/ Detroit: December 25, 2014, 0540 Hrs

Copyright© 2014 by Paige Turner

Part 4

Fort Bragg SET: EM CLUB TABLE WITH JACK AND HIS PALS

POV: CAMERA IS BEHIND JACK AT A TABLE FOR FOUR, OFF TO ONE SIDE SO YOU CAN SEE ALL OF 'Jack's Pals' FACES

Jack: "My agent is trying to get me the part of Paris Hilton's boyfriend." (morose voice.)
Pal: "Really? Who are they going to get to play the part?"
Jack: "Me."
(beat) Everyone at the table cracks up, someone throws popcorn at him.
Pal 1 "Dude, you just crack me up."
Pal 2 "Yeah, you really had us going there for a second."
Pal 3 "Everyone get their feet up off the floor, here comes Jack and the Bullshit! (laughing)

(Enter: Paris who walks up to the table and puts her arm around him.)

Paris: "Hi Jack, sorry I'm late, but they wouldn't believe me at the gate and the clones don't have any ID."

JACK PUTS ARM AROUND HER AND SHE SHE BENDS OVER TO GIVE HIM A QUICK PECK ON THE LIPS

Paris: "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friends?

(Reaction shot of three guys with their jaws hanging open, absolutely gob smacked. They look at each other, look back at Jack, )

Jack: "Hey, Paris, pull up a chair and park it. Guys, the is Paris Hilton, that's Ernie there on the left, Skeets Randal, and that ugly guy over there catching flies is Mac the Knife and I'd like you to meet my boss here. So what happened with the Clones?"
Paris: "They're out at the front gate. Do you think you can pull some strings and get them onto the post?"
Jack: "Sure baby, let me just give the Colonel a call and he'll have his aide straighten this out."
Paris: "And can you have him send someone? Neither of them know how to drive a stick shift and I'd hate to have them trying to learn on my favorite MacLaren."
Jack: "Oh sure, babe, no sweat. Anyone want to go get The Twins and Paris' car?" beat "Well, I guess that as soon as they recover, they'll figure out there there is two more of you sitting out by the main Gate. Volunteers? (said with a somewhat 'you guys know about how stupid it is volunteering for anything in this man's army, right' tone of voice.)

Three guys 'uh, I'll go!' volunteering.

Jack: "Hard to believe as it is, these guys are all really pretty sharp, most times anyway."

Paris: "Well, they haven't meet the Twins yet."

Jack: "Well, they're big boys. Just don't go sic'ing the witches on them, okay? These guys are my friends and I don't want them hurt, hear? They still have to get up in the morning and teach, you know? Tomorrow's a working day for them."

Paris: "Okay, Jack, I promise no 'Evil Twins' stuff tonight."

Jack: "Good deal. I don't need any 'agent triple X' shit happening tonight: These guys still have to be able to walk and talk in the morning."

Paris: "I promise they'll be good."

Turns to guys at table

Paris: "So what's it like?" Blank looks. "Working here for the Army?" She clarifies.

Jack: "Careful how you answer that one, guys."

Paris: "Oh Jack! Stop teasing me about not knowing what work is. You know I love the idea of our working together on "Jack's Place". That has to have legs, that show does!"
(fondly)

Jack: "Baby, your idea of work is acting. These guys idea of work is an eighty pound backpack and twenty or thirty pounds of weaponry being taken on a thirty mile walk through the woods in the middle of winter."

Paris makes cute pouty face.

Jack pulls out iPhone and asks to speak to the Colonel

FADE TO BLACK

Directors Notes: "Confederate Soldier Rescue" commercial shoot and "Jessica's Rabbits" Part I had aired previous (Second) week. 'Three Blind Mice' (Jack's weekly 'so how's it going?' report every time he hits Fort Bragg to Army officers assigned to base and Washington's 'keep the production crew happy and we'll get a very pro Army commercial out of this deal' orders from the Pentagon PIO, Lt Conway, (Homage to McHales Navy, fyi) who is assigned by the Army's Press Colonel to check in on him every week has also been established in WEEK TWO.

WEEK THREE: 'What is going on in Jack's World' is
1. He found out he's on TV.
2. He's just flat out had one too many impossible things happen in the last three weeks.
3. He had thought Paris Hilton was some 'about to maybe make it' actress with a memorable kinda porn star made up name and really had no idea of what she really was. "Ever hear of Hilton Hotels?" 'Uh, yeah?' "My folks owned them." uhhhhh ... boonie rats don't really read much 'gush' stuff, more of a Guns and Ammo crowd, you know?
4. He's sharing his bathroom with a black teen age girl super-genius and two white kids from 1865 and 'up for the Role of Paris Hilton's Boyfriend if we go to season two' simply is not that big a deal to him. Right now, today in fact, he's just attempted to spin up the entire United States Army intelligence corp that he has in fact encountered time travelers while working on a television show ABOUT time travelers and he and the security crew for the Russian Rock star have them under wraps and both the Royal Marine who is military attache to Washington and a personal friend of Major 'Jumping Jack Flash' of the SAS, who was attached to the Unit on Jan 1, 2015 after an incident where his vehicle was disabled under rather odd circumstances. 'Blown to smithereens by high explosives while making a landing in a hot LZ' due to ... let's not go there, he's a civilian and technically out of their chain of command due to his records being misplaced, and right now, 'Boris One-Moscow' had arrived on the set and had also meet the time travelers from 1865 and had contacted the Russian embassy, which dispatched a 'press crew' who had copies of the footage that was recorded and speaking of which, Jack hands over to 'The Three Blind Mice' footage of the two Confederate boy soldiers who had supposedly died out on the plains of Kansas January 8, 1865 when their mule broke it's leg and they elected to stay with the supply wagon and a wounded man they were transporting to a doctor. The DVD's fill an entire box and it's footage caught on this 'always on' set that the Old Reality Bar & Grill has become. Suddenly 'the Greatest Cover Story Never Told' swings into being and every single person in any way connected to this television program is having every single thing involved with this TV show looked into with a fine tooth comb. An eleven million dollar helicopter being rigged as a 'stunt' and now we are up to speed on why Jack just isn't particularly worried about if his pals believe him or not?

If WEEK THREE hasn't hooked the TV audience by now, pull the pin and dump the show.

Anticipated Audience Assumptions:

1. This isn't real, it's TV.
2. If this was for real, they'd never allow it on the air.
3. Therefore, this entire show is a spoof.

WHAT WE NEED FOR THE CHARACTER OF 'JACK THE CAT'

1. Ability to project that Harrison Ford 'Jack Ryan' 'why does this stuff always happen to me?' bewilderment.
2. The 'ability to be ON while telling a tall tale at the EM Club' master sea story telling ability.
3. A 'Jimmy Stewart' air of sincerity while rigging a bar bet on some sucker, and alas, Jack has taken many an innocent youth's most valued commodity, to put a price on cold hard cash being wagered on fixed bets. Jack has no mercy when it comes to fleecing newcomers, but by now, it's getting harder to find people who have not been made aware of his penchant for fleecing the unwary out of their beer money.
4. A whole lot of imagination and talent.

This story line is 'Cube ONE' and the first three weeks establish 'how this all came to be' as far as 'what's going on inside the show' goes. It spins up 'Mirror World' as a CONCEPT ECHOING REALITY and 'what is the real reality here?' being asked of events in the future. Since the Men In The Cube is a 'reality TV show' being presented as a drama by using a specific trick so as to present this crew of US Army people as 'real people involved more or less by accident' (and wanting to keep their own careers healthy) in production work they think is a cover story for someone cashing in a political chip. The first few weeks of this show, a lot of theories are trotted out by the extras standing around in the shower tent while the stars of The Fountains of Belle Isle are doing lines and those 'picked up and stored digitally' conversations are included. The coincidence that had triggered this was a very erie TV script in which an event that had just happened to them the previous night with the helicopter crash Jack had caused, and what are the odds? So all of that speculations between all these people is included in the bundle of material Jack had just handed over to the CIC people he believes he is reporting to. As the TV show is already famous for it's 'set up stunts' at first these people think that they are being put on. By the time they review the 'highlights of the show' and see that there really are time travelers and that everyone knows there are time travelers but simply can't believe that ... this 'experiment' was actually really taking place.

Cube One is a totally closed set doing experimental television production that 'Just happens to have' (1 each) Major, SAS, Major, Spetsnaz, Former US Army Special Forces EM now starring in his very own sitcom, Jack's Place, and 'the old reality' he's living in presently would have been his all time fantasy land three weeks ago, but for right now, he's having to explain to the junior 'keep real close track of these guys and see that if they need something, they get it' that on the DVD's are twenty six episodes of stuff that hasn't been shot yet, as they'd only been on the Unit for three weeks and now what do they do?

Real reality being what it is, what is the Number One Thought going through everyone's minds? "Oh, you gotta be SHITTING me, Jack!" So you can see why Paris Hilton was actually approached to play herself in this mad sitcom, right? This is a TV show where you can get slack jawed disbelief and work it as a comedic effect. Voice overs of 'what Jack is thinking' take on a film noir quality. The 'highest top secret' ever to hit the American government is delivered by an ex Army sergeant in a box of DVD's along with every single image off of every single camera the time travelers were on from the first moment Jessica got them 'home' to her time and place. There were scenes from 'Jessica's World' which was a TV News Show where Jessica and her friends had a party they invited all kinds of famous people to and they'd wander around and talk to them and ask their thoughts on what was going on in our world? Sally Hemmings dishing with Mickey and Jessica about what she saw in TJ, as she referred to the man she gave up her own personal freedom to knock booties with. Hey, they had something that was pretty cool going, and it was her own erotic nature and his that bound them together. So three black girls dishing about what their men were like in bed? Now, this supposedly is what is going to be on national TV in the second season, or Cube Two, which is out own 'real reality' here, which is we are making a TV show about time travelers with a lot of special effects in it and one hell of a marketing idea behind it, and by the way, can you tell the commander in chief to expect a phone call sometime Very Soon from the President of the Russian Federation and the Prime Minister of Great Britain about this Incident, shall we say?

The first two weeks of The Qubit Comedy and Drama Hour are spent watching the entirely human world of Jessica change significantly when she is cast as the lead in Jessica's Rabbits. She's aware of the aliens, as are the black clients who were there on Christmas Eve and who still hang out in the back ground watching all of this truly outrageous stuff going on inside of their bar Earl has rented to this TV show and gotten his daughter a lead role in one of the shows being produced in this 'temporary movie set' being done in the very high technology of this 'Mirror World' electronic walls that can put cartoon characters on the other side of the table from you you can actually talk to.

Simply because of the 'let's keep our jobs' and 'eh, we can help you if it keeps us off the reservation until the dust settles down a bit' what you might call 'commonality of goals' being to stay out of the unemployment line, well, some coaching on how Jack should play a line and suddenly he's getting one point five million for being in this sitcom that he just found out is really on the air, only seems like he hasn't shot any of the scenes he's in and doesn't really make his points with the three junior officers he comes in contact with, who figures its some kind of PR stunt for the show. When they find out that it really was Paris Hilton hanging out with her two identical twin sister 'clones' who play the role of Secret Agent X-3 of the Time Patrol' and Jack smuggled an officer into the EM Club by using his Screen Actors Guild card to identify him as an actor wearing a uniform and here, go clear it with this guy who's the press officer from the Pentagon liaison officer here. All of this 'normal reality' builds an underlaying sense of realism, which pushes 'what is really going on inside this show' into a box. If such an event were to actually occur, as far as 'all time lab animals' goes, what the set of 'Taffy 3 Detroit' has now become is the most closely monitored place on Earth. All the Hollywood rumors and clever stunts and lots of hype has produced this strange experiment in television which is now being broadcast. Ah! Orson Wells! Eat your heart out! When you have CGI, you can REALLY fcuk with reality BIG TIME, baby!

As a total 'mind fuck' what you have here is 'The Mouse That Roared' meets Len Deighton and Nancy Drew, as told by John Varley to John Brunner and not as directed by Stanley Kubrick, but perhaps by George Lucas for Disney in Jessica's Rabbits. Minor adaptations of materials by Ken Burns used to create images for Jessica's World. As far as a 'independent film' goes, this thing is an 'interdependent film' for the images used in Mirror World. Having Bogey sitting there and smoking at lunch and Jack's girlfriend ragging on him about how it's going to kill him someday? Okay ... things are quite strange in Mirror World, aren't they?

Hell of a tough act to follow, isn't it?

Okay, this joint co production in Detroit 'just happened to' wind up with THREE national military forces involved in it BY accident??? Nobody writes anything down, it's all face to face meetings with shadowed faces blurred out electronically where people are briefed in on this as fast as personal friendships and trust can jump the chain of command. Every person has to make a quiet and quick decision and by the time it gets to the top of the tree, the phone is about to ring on the President's desk. "Just tell them they know as much as you do right now, sir, and I'm on my way over right now, please clear your schedule for something of greatest national interest EVER, sir!"

Holy shit!

Now, if this thing were to ever have actually taken place, you can pretty much get the feel for what was racing through everyone's minds when they first heard the news. YGBSM! (Episode One, Week 4, "Jack's Place" 'Jack's place in the world changes' might sum it up.) Show is in production for three weeks, this thing is inserted into the plot line and 'how everyone reasonably reacts' has to do with these two kids that really don't know anything at all of any military or economic value at all and at best as simply dumbfounding. There is no 'national advantage' to locking them up and throwing away the key, and the secret has already been disclosed when Jessica interrupted the adults talking and introduced the two kids to them. 'Huh?' isn't much of a reaction shot to pull off if you set the studio situation up well in advance. So as far as 'realistic reactions' being a product of small unobtrusive cameras placed on this set and seen as 'wall scones' or 'obvious camera' and 'always on' being something the 'two weeks into the show still new actors' would be able to portray isn't a stretch of their acting talents at that point in time.

And as far as a 'place where you can haul in all kinds of high tech gear' goes, a Hollywood production house has an awful lot of high tech floating around it all the time anyway. Rigging the bar for special effects where you can add in 'real life' special effects the real actors can see and react to creates in 'uncertainty of what is real and what is not real' both in casual visitors to the set and the actors on the set themselves. When one of your main characters spends his time reading lines with a studio prop that is also one of the leads in the show, being "Little Timmy the Time Machine" and what part of reality does Jack still have to cling to? Everything he sees is a special effect, and 'is this really the president of the United States on the line or not?'

Jack is adrift in his own little bubble of really strange reality and he strikes up and older brother younger sister relationship to Jessica, who finds herself costarring with him in this television drama series about how her father is really The Earl of Detroit and his friend 'The Lucky' Lucy herself happens to be a very close personal friend of her dads. And just because 'The Lucky' likes her, she can go see her any time and take pals along. Ben Franklin is her pal, so's Sally Hemmings and ... well, the only house party ever to have people from four different species kick around ideas with humans from five different times, so it's a pretty hot show she's got going for her term paper, you see? 'The Lucky' hangs out pretty much warps whatever odds there are on any outcome and since she can travel in time, decided to get her something very interesting to play with. Girl is curious, has to learn about a lot of things very quickly and let's see what people have to say about the way niggers are treated, eh?

As far as 'an ultimately unattainable' real reality special effect goes, no, it is not. It's simply the greatest of all hypes for a movie in production ever done. It is a self referential television show which shares a half a dozen characters being played by a dozen different actors doubling for other actors who will continue the series of sit coms spun off of the initial special. We have everything from appeal to teen age girls to deep espionage all going on under one roof. While Terri 'Spin!' Steele hasn't made an appearance in the materials the SOL postings have been about, Paris Hilton was asked to play two roles in this series and doing a cameo series of appearances in "Jack's Place" as the character 'Spin!' who is actually supposed to be Jack's boss in real life, who is playing a role in her own show about a high powered woman business executive who uses sex appeal to cloud men's minds. 'Tongue tied fool effect' I believe would be the technical description of the men across the table from Jack calling 'Bullshit' on him: "I'm up for the role of Paris Hilton's boyfriend" Whatever the odds, but probably just because you've already had the 'plot spoiler' of knowing Jack is going to be hanging on the wall of that bar Christmas day and his pictures happen to be associated with Paris Hilton? What's all those white people doing hanging on the walls of an all black bar in Detroit for? What's up with that?

So basically after the third week, the script has to explain all this stuff in another ten weeks.

Is this a train wreck waiting to happen or not? Or is it candy from a baby?

The odd reality complex conjured up by the high tech reality and special effects covering over 'what is really happening' being that somehow, this 'all just happened to happen' story line being backed up by some real reality that would have to be in production by Sept 15 of this year. Since that isn't going to happen without significant investment, this film idea has a shelf life. Assuming that the 'seven degrees of separation' theory is correct, anyone want to play Detroit for real?

Taffy 3 actually does make sense as far as a piece of experiment in television goes. Can you turn out a troupe of competent actors in ninety days that can actually carry a season of real television or not? Jessica's Rabbits drops in a cultural hot potato that everyone in authority basic instincts are to 'not blow' and while everyone's racking their brains about what to do with this information about a couple of time travelers from out of the past showing up?

And as far as 'protection' goes, having a group of actual soldiers maintaining security on the Unit? Russian and American and British nationals who have all sent the signal up their own country's totem poles? Jessica is going through her own world altering changes in reality from 'nobody in particular' outside of being super bright at her high school and in one days she's the most interesting person in school and suddenly finds herself starring in a television show? And Jack is renting a small room across the hall upstairs over the bar and having to share a bathroom with her. They aren't romantic, they simply really have nobody else to talk to about this stuff that is suddenly swirling around them and no matter what kind of spin you put on it, 'this is really strange shit we're going through right now, ain't it?' and 'uh huh' is about all they really have to say about it. She talks about getting to be an extra and its the first time she's ever seen guys naked like that before and kind of funny about how everyone on the entire production crew was an extra in the show tent naked people scenes. They talk about how movies are put together and how this fit into the star's touring schedule, so the scenes they were shooting now would be in a movie released after they finished shooting next summer and coming out in the fall.

And the biggest hype job of all time, too, I might add!

Boris One Vodka Company Detroit Michigan is a figment of imagination.

"Since Time Travel is Impossible and We Needed To Make A Few Bucks" is the motto of one of the TV shows inside the Cube somewhere or another, what passes for 'real reality' becomes increasingly unlikely, as actors who don't yet know they are on a show are being asked real interview questions from real reporters asking those questions of them in real time and 'used later on ninety days later in broadcast interview with the actor who played the roles of such and such on this TV series' being interviewed live while they watching the original broadcast of the show and the actor can immediately start to comment on where the story arch is going up to next week shows. A "Qubit Effect of Comedy" is being demonstrated. Little Timmy's world renowned 'fixed bet games' should not be wagered upon, simply because everything you see and hear is rigged to con you, you see? Exactly what is real inside the plot line depends upon just how effective the entire show is at attracting attention, and with nudity, gay humor, real public figures set to appear in the show, yes, this could have been done. As a 'strange view of events' being told, Jack and Jessica's friendship within the plot line of the show as well as the two white soldiers sets off all types of deliberate triggers in bigots. As far as Jack is concerned, the fact that he's got her back is obvious and nobody is going to mess with a white guy who says, "Look, don't do anything stupid now, just remember I'm the star of the show and it would really fuck up the ratings as well as your own careers to shoot me, you know? No, seriously, I'm a TV star. Check me out on U Tube, dude. So's Jessica here and I play her head of security. So my pals and I watch over her and yeah, the white boys are these two method actors truly wired into their roles so just treat em like idiots and let it go, okay?" Bingo, real reality slices through the whole situation and off Jessica and her Rabbits go.

We see scenes on TV, and once we accept the premise of the shows, we have these strange relationships developing in believable ways. As far as 'do we have a handle on this situation?' goes, everyone in all three countries who would be in on the secret being leaked would have the same reaction patterns. This set would have the best burglar alarms and security on it you would be expected to find on trailers full of very valuable equipment and having the clout to get all kinds of people to kick in all kinds of gear to get this thing into full production is a PR story all by itself.

It's 'the art of making the deal' happen that creates this type of artwork that is being laid out here for you to look at. Hugely expensive production costs and special effects and set up jokes depending upon enough interest in a free concert by a pagan rock star to generate enough interest to have broadcast or not? Since that 'final Detroit production location shoot' is the wrap on the movie production and explains the longest set up joke in the entire history of media, yeah, that would have been funny, and I'll explain that one much much later on.

Well, as far as a 'game' goes, this is sort of why they call Lucy 'The Lucky' as her title of office. She is the Embodiment of that odd Quantity known as 'Luck' and simply because she and Jessica and Jack all got to be friends that this wholly impossible thing happened in the first place. Jessica needed some help figuring out why non slave owning whites would fight for the Confederacy and there is pretty much what became of the whole south after they lost the war and what happened with the people who'd left the south for war time jobs and to serve as soldiers sailors and airmen in World War II and whose grandkids aren't doing that well.

I'd guess a TV show about a young actress getting a starring role in a series might have some interest, and by 'spinning off to the net' the entire televised production of an actress preparing to play an improv role in a television show about time travelers, she's going to be the best prepared person on the set for 'planting story line' and as that rumor spreads around the set, the more likely it is to be thought true. Nobody expects a short geeky black kid actress to be deliberately starting rumors that can be more or less verified by logic of shady deals involving production costs burying all kinds of pay offs, this 'sort of makes sense' to the Hollywood crew when Jessica says she heard the guy and his accountant talking about it while she was in the room. Bingo! Jessica is the best source of intelligence on the set! The fact that she's also way past up to speed on the story line also helps and she coaches them in what kinds of things they'll be involved in if this goes live.

The 'game within the game within the game' being presented as a television special creates social issue focus. The idea as far fetched as aliens strolling into a nowhere bar the evening of Christmas day boggles the mind, and the fact that its an all black cast suddenly being confronted with the appearance of twelve identical white girls being them isn't difficult to achieve. Since the door into the ball room doesn't squeak, they simply stroll into place and when cued, respond, 'Yes, we hear you just fine, Earl!' behind the ensemble of actors and actresses playing the roles of the bars clients. They would have spent enough time on the set to get familiar with it and know something of it's electronics as to cameras being disguised and having the set always 'on' and no camera crews present makes it seem like 'real reality' to the unwary that step into that bar. Neither the Hollywood Special Effects Crew nor the US Army detachment is actually aware of the story line as the patrons of the bar, the actors and actresses hired to 'stop by for a drink after work' and watch what was going on as a kind of Greek Choir that was in on what was happening a lot more so than the white people in the bar, more or less, at least as far as the aliens went. The entire 'alien' thing being made up of hovering machines with markings on them that would be used in CGI effects. They'd be aware that the actor and the technician talking about something over the little talk back system rigged into his 'iPhone! X' will later be dubbed as an alien and his human buddy shop talking about how he did in the last scene they'd shot together and how his acting abilities were coming along. A 'young novice-old pro extra' but the old pro happens to be an alien coaching him in stuff he can or should do to make him better so he can go make more money and how to work the system for all it can produce and what you got to look out for in the fine print and damn, bet ripping that bumper sticker off that first time must have really smarted before you found out what the talcum powder was for, eh? Had almost the same thing happen to me on this flick we ... fade out.

What is 'real reality' worth when you get mind bombed by the idea of alien time travelers all hot to play Detroit? How this series came to be produced is the subject of two theoretically un-PC correct television shows that would star Ms. Hilton in two different roles, one of which would be a voice over for a cartoon show of 'Secret Agent X-3 of the Time Patrol!' that has Agent Triple X being given to Jack as a pet. As far as a 'fetish statement of impressive' goes, nothing like giving your sweetie one of your clones, right? Ah yess, Science Fetish! Ah yes, nothing like a clone shaped like Paris Hilton that is one of a pair of identical twins best known for their real life pranks on the general public and later on for pranking the entire world. "The Twins" are actually part of a three pack of sex toys from the twenty third or was it twenty sixth century, the other one being a dim witted male sex toy with an extra large attachment and who is this gay spokes model who can't deliver a two word line with any conviction and who is later on outed for being straight, which destroys the show in week ten, when it goes down to die hard 'Cube A Holics' who are totally hooked on the show.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.