Pathways - Cover

Pathways

Copyright© 2014 by Coaster2

Chapter 5: Short and Sweet

Erotic Romance Story: Chapter 5: Short and Sweet - Ian never had a girlfriend until his second year of college. Not by choice, but by circumstances. It was a tortuous trip from youth to adulthood and a career, but he persevered. This is the story of that journey.

Caution: This Erotic Romance Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Consensual  

That was my one and only date with Holly. We weren't right for each other. You probably think I'm crazy for turning down regular sex, but she made me uncomfortable. I don't know what her problem was, but I didn't want to be part of it.

Strangely, Terry and Robin became an item. Well, maybe it wasn't strange at all. They were a lot alike and it was good to see two shy, nice people hook up. In the meantime, I was getting email and text messages from Holly wanting to know when we could get together. I tried to be polite about it, but in the end I told her I didn't think we were right for each other and I wouldn't be dating her. She didn't take it well. She was angry and started calling me names ... all on text messages in that code people use. I just deleted them until they finally ceased.

I dropped out of the writing club to avoid seeing her. I had the feeling I was cutting off my nose to spite my face. But I didn't want to get into a pissing contest with her and the best way to avoid that was to avoid her. It was time to move on.


Maybe I have a thing for voluptuous shorter women. I'm not sure, but my next female of interest was Renata Whyte, a pulchritudinous young woman in my second semester English course. While Debbie was a freak of nature in some respects, Renata was more of a throwback to the women of Titian or even Rembrandt. Not spectacularly beautiful, and carrying a few pounds she could do without, she was nonetheless very attractive. The feature that made her so appealing was her good nature and perpetual smile.

She was a couple of inches taller than Debbie's five-foot-two, but along with her effervescent personality, she teased the senses with her jiggling, swaying body as she walked. I had noticed her almost immediately and after some consideration, decided to make a play for her.

"Hi, Renata, I'm Ian Kiernan. We're in the same English class."

"I know. I've seen you there," she smiled. "You were friends with Debbie Cummings last year."

"That's right. She's a great gal," I said with a big smile.

"If that's the case, why did you break up?" she asked, this time without her trademark smile.

"Her decision, Renata. I think she wanted to experience different boyfriends, but you should ask her, not me. It was her idea. You can ask her about me, too, if you like."

She looked at me with a concentrated stare before her smile returned.

"You're that confident, are you?" The smile was in full force now.

"I wouldn't want you to think I'm bragging," I answered, "but Deb and I had a very good relationship and I'm pleased I had the chance to get to know her."

"Oh, you got to know her, huh," she giggled. "I assume that was in the biblical sense."

"Renata, a gentleman never tells. I'll leave it to Debbie to tell you what I'm like." Based on what Deb told Holly, I assumed I wasn't taking a big risk.

"I think I'll do that," she said. "I get the impression you might want to ask me out on a date, correct?"

"Absolutely. So, let me know if you decide in my favour."

"Don't worry, you'll know," she chuckled before turning and giving me her full-force butt swing as she sauntered away.


"So, tell me, Ian, what happened to Holly?" Renata asked with a grin the next time we met.

"Oh, I guess Deb mentioned I was going to date her. Well, how do I put this diplomatically?" I wondered.

"Too hot to handle, huh," she giggled.

"I guess, for the lack of a better term, that will do," I admitted.

"Well, from what I've heard, you aren't the first guy that found Holly a real handful."

"So ... what did Deb tell you?" I asked.

"You mean, aside from wondering why you were sending all your potential dates to her for a report?" she laughed. "Really, Ian, you don't need to do that. I can usually tell pretty quickly if you're the kind of guy I'd want to be with. The only thing that Debbie and I have in common is a lifetime membership in the short-stuff club. Anyway, she says you're a nice guy and I shouldn't be worried about dating you."

"That's it?" I wondered. No comment about my size this time I assumed.

"So, what do you want to do on our first date?" she asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know because I don't know anything about you. Why don't we have lunch together and talk about it. I have some ideas, but I'd like to hear what interests you."

"Okay, lunch it is. I'll meet you there before noon. I don't want to be sharing a table when we talk," she said.

"I've got an open period then, so I can hold a small table for us," I volunteered.

"Good ... see you then."

I watched her walk away, admiring the bounce in her step. Ninety minutes later, I found one of the few tables for two, picked up my lunch, and sat to reserve it for our conversation. True to her word, Renata appeared a few minutes later, well in advance of the usual lunch crowd.

"Nice going, Ian. You picked the perfect table in the perfect location. Let me get my lunch and I'll be right back."

"I don't usually suggest a movie to begin with," I said. "I like to find things that you might not be able or have a chance to do very often."

"Like what?" she asked.

"Uhhm ... a sports event, live theatre, a gondola ride up Grouse Mountain ... that sort of thing."

"What kind of sports event?"

"Well, at this time of the year, a Thunderbird football game, a basketball game, we could play golf, or go sailing," I said, reeling off the options.

"Sailing? In a sail boat?" she asked with a surprised look.

"Sailing is almost always done in a sailboat," I joked. "I have access to a small day-sail craft. It's great for just running around the local area."

"That sounds like fun. Let's do that. When?" she asked enthusiastically.

"Saturday, weather permitting. The boat is kept at the Hollyburn Sailing Club in West Vancouver. I'll pick you up and we can spend a day on the water."

"What should I wear?"

"Tennis shoes, loose pants, sweat shirt, and sun screen. I'll have a floater coat for you. It will keep you warm and it acts like a life preserver."

"Oh, I hope the weather is nice. I've never been sailing. Does your family own the boat?" she asked.

"We share ownership with another family. It works out to be a lot more economical and the boat gets used a lot more often. It's twenty-six feet long with a little cabin and a head."

"What's a head?" Renata asked.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.