Aging Well 2, the Sequel - Cover

Aging Well 2, the Sequel

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

Chapter 11

[Jack writes]

I woke in the morning feeling pretty good. Sandy and I got out of bed and pulled our running outfits on and walked downstairs. We went out the front door to see Mack pull into the drive at Gretchen's and Chastity's. Gretchen came out the front door and they kissed while holding each other tightly. They ran over to us. I said, "I know. That's another free one."

"Poppa, those are as good or better than the others."

Sandy grinned and said, "How many others have there been?"

They both blushed. Mack said, "Just the one from last night, so far. We have plenty of time."

I said, "Okay, let's walk unless I can sneak around my doc and run a little."

Mack said, "You are doing fine. Maybe tomorrow, I will let you run after I listen to your heart and lungs. I don't want your legs to write a check that your heart and lungs can't cover."

We walked. Sandy and I held hands as did Gretchen and Mack. Even our walking was fast. When we reached the park, I stopped and sat on a bench. In moments, I felt okay and we walked some more. Sandy said, "You two make a run. We're going to walk the short path. We can meet back here."

They ran off and we walked the short trail. Sandy kept me slower. I said, "Dear, I'm okay."

She said, "Jack, you are not okay, not yet. Enjoy the walk. We'll be running within a week but give it a little time." She stopped and faced me. "Darling, I almost lost you. I want a long time with you. We'll let you progress reasonably. Now, hold my hand or put your arm around my waist and enjoy our walk."

I always enjoyed touching Sandy's body and this morning was no exception. We stopped a few times to kiss and do more touching. Except for Saturday and Sunday, the park was quiet and mostly deserted early. We had to behave on the weekends but could play some during the week. We had completed the circuit and were just coming into the park proper when we saw Mack and Gretchen standing with their arms around each other looking into each other's eyes.

We came up to them and I softly said, "I hope we're not disturbing anything."

Gretchen gave Mack a quick kiss and said, "No. We were just waiting in a pleasant manner for you to join us." We all grinned at each other.

We walked home from the park with my wife and daughter to each side of me and Mack beside Gretchen.

We showered and met in the kitchen for breakfast. I was feeling good. Gretchen helped Sandy cook and Mack took me into the living room with his doctor bag and examined me. He spent a while listening to me breathe and to my heart. Finally he said, "Jack, you're doing well. I don't want you to run a marathon this week but the beginning of next week you could consider running. Just build up and rest when you are tired."

"Okay, doc.

"Now, Mack, what are your intentions toward my daughter?"

"Honorable. She is a beautiful lady, inside and out. I enjoy being with her. Actually, I enjoy being with you and Sandy, too. Jack, my parents were older when I was born and passed on a couple of years ago. I'm the only sibling not married. It's been lonely. I am sure Gretchen would prefer that we had met under different circumstances though I will take what I can get." We both chuckled at that. He finished putting away his doctor gear. "I still want to see you early next week." We walked into the kitchen.

I grinned and said, "Well, I had another checkup. I'm still alive!"

Sandy said, "You had better be or I'll kill you myself." I kissed the back of her neck and she shivered for me. I grabbed a coffee cup and looked inquiringly at Mack. He nodded. I grabbed a second and filled them. I carried them to the table and set them down. I took a big sip from mine.

Gretchen said, "Mack, if you want to eat, you had better talk." She grinned.

Mack looked at me and I nodded. He exhaled with relief and said, "I performed a field examination of my patient and found him to be healing very well. His heart and lung functions appear to be normal. I do want him to keep his appointment at my office early in the week to look at the incision and how well it's healing. All indications look good as long as he is reasonable in his exercise."

Sandy and Gretchen were smiling and each brought two plates of food. I got up and fixed my wife her coffee and set it in her place. I looked at Gretchen and she nodded. I poured her coffee and brought it to her.

Gretchen kissed Mack and said, "Thank you for the report."

Sandy looked at me. "Jack, you will continue to be careful."

I grinned and said, "Yes, dear." She grinned back. I said, "Let's pray." I prayed for the four of us, our friends and family, and for the food.

Three things happened over the next few months. My healing finished and I felt as fine as ever. Sandy and I spent time with Pam, John, and Johnny. He is a happy baby with a real affinity for Sandy and to only a slightly lesser extent, Chastity. Pam has returned to work. The on-site child care is a real plus. The third is that the romance between Gretchen and Mack has progressed steadily. Sandy and I haven't said anything to either of them but we expect a proposal soon. They are both practical people and have careers. They understand professional calls to duty.

Early in their relationship and shortly after my formal post-surgery examination, Mack had an emergency. Gretchen took the situation in stride. A week later, she was called out of town as the project manager to resolve an issue at a client's office. She had time to call Mack while she was on her way home to pack and leave for a chartered flight with three other people! Later, they had dinner with us and talked through the issues knowing that these things would happen. They admitted later that evening that they wanted us to be ready to referee if needed. We didn't but the conversation was spirited. The biggest thing they realized was that they missed each other's presence though understood the issues that caused their separations.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.