Aging Well 2, the Sequel
Chapter 6

Copyright© 2014 by radio_guy

[Sandy writes]

Jack drove us to the hospital and we met John in the waiting area just before he went to be gowned. He and Jack hugged and I kissed and hugged him, telling him to tell Pam that we loved her. He asked us to watch for Pam's parents who were on their way but had further to come than we. He went in.

Ten minutes later, Missus and Mister Harmon came in. I said, "Julie, Ned, they are in the delivery room. We're just waiting now." They hugged and kissed us both. We sat down to wait together.

Half an hour later, a smiling doctor came out and said, "You are the grandparents?" We all nodded. "Your grandson, his mother, and his father are all fine. His initial weight is an even eight pounds. The mother had an easy delivery and the nurses are cleaning everyone up now. One of them will come out and escort you into the birthing suite. Congratulations!" He shook hands with all four of us.

A nurse came out a couple minutes later and ushered us into the room. Pam was on the bed with a bundle and John was right beside her. They grinned and said together, "Here's Johnny!" Julie and I clapped gleefully. I let Julie go first holding Johnny. She handed him to her husband who kissed his forehead and made funny faces.

He handed Johnny to Jack who cradled him expertly. He looked into his eyes that weren't focusing and gently said, "Welcome to the world, Johnny. We're glad you're here."

John took his son and pulled me over to the bed and said, "Johnny, this is your very special grandmother. If it hadn't been for her, you might never have been born!" He gently placed Johnny into my arms. At the same time, I felt Jack's strong arms holding me. I saw that Pam and he were crying with joy for me! Tears were in my eyes, too.

I took my grandson in my arms and looked him in the eyes. "Johnny, I never dreamed of this minute but I'm so happy that it has occurred." At that moment, Johnny cooed and smiled up at me. My heart was lost. Two Jonathon Norris's now had my heart forever! I breathed, "Jack, he's beautiful!" Jack kissed my cheek while Johnny smiled even more.

A nurse came in and said, "Mister Norris." John and Jack both looked up. "There is a Mister Roberts and a Missus Norris wanting to come in. Mister Roberts is quite, uh, determined with his requests."

I handed Johnny back to his mother. Pam smiled at me. Jack said, "Nurse, that would be my ex-wife and her father. Is there some way we can avoid seeing them and being seen?"

She looked at us and smiled. "Yes, there is." She took us to a vacant suite and pointed to seats. She said, "I will call you back in when they leave."

Jack said, "Thank you, ma'am. You are kind."

She left. Less than half an hour later, she returned looking grim. "They are gone now, thank goodness. Your son and daughter in-law had to be firm with them. My floor supervisor finally had to escort them out." She guided us back to the room.

Tension seemed to release when we walked in. John came to me and hugged me. "Go to Pam, please."

I went over to Pam. She had been crying and it hadn't been from joy. "Sandy Mom, please hold Johnny. He needs to feel your love again." I took Johnny. He had been crying.

I said, "Johnny be good, Smile for us, please." I sat down next to Pam and Julie came to stand with us.

I looked over to see John and Ned standing with Jack. I would get a report later. I focused my attention on Johnny. He was already quieting. I said, "Young man, sometimes people love you and can't express it well. You have to let them and their words go." Johnny cooed and smiled. Pam smiled and all became well in the world.

Julie said, "Sandy, how much experience do you have with babies?"

"This is my first experience right here with Johnny be good." He seemed to laugh "You're cute. When you get older, you will break all the little girls hearts." He did laugh. Pam and her mother laughed, too.

Julie said, "I have never seen a newborn react like that to anyone. He adores you! It's marvelous!" She looked up, "Ned, have you been watching this?"

"No, dear. What is it?" All three of the men walked closer to us.

Julie said, "Sandy, say something."

"Something." Johnny laughed and cooed. "Johnny be good, you are flirting with me." He laughed and cooed some more. Then he suddenly yawned. I said, "Johnny be good, it's time for you to sleep next to your mother. Your mother and father love you very much as we all do."

He smiled some more and yawned again. I gently lay him next to Pam who cuddled him. "Johnny be good. Your grandmother is right. It's time for you to sleep. We all love you and are happy you're here." He yawned again and went to sleep.

Pam looked at me. This time her eyes had happy tears. "Sandy Mom, you are great! You are a natural. You are the breath of fresh air and happiness in this room.

Jack looked at me and smiled that slow, broad smile at me. I could see the love in his eyes. "I guess I have a rival for your heart."

"You will have to share me with my new love." Jack pulled me into his arms and held me close.

We all stood together that way when the nurse came in. "Mister Morris, your sister and her husband are here."

John said, "Please show them in." Before she could complete a step, he added, "I will go with you and bring them in."

He left with her and returned seconds later with Becky and Mark. Becky quickly moved to Pam to hug and kiss her and caress Johnny's cheek and kiss his forehead. Pam said, "You aren't going to believe Sandy Mom. Johnny adores her. He reacts happily to everything she says or does."

Becky reached over and took my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "I knew you would be a super grandmother, Sandy Mom. You naturally care for people and they can feel that and respond to it. You have brought happiness to so many in this family."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.